Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kellogg or Stern or Haas [#permalink]
In my opinion, Kellogg or Stern would definately be Kellogg.

Kellogg and Haas would be a more interesting choice. The higher rankings and slightly better management and marketing programs versus the location of Haas to Silicon Valley. If you plan on living anywhere else besides California after school, I would go with Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your response.

How about if you put technology industry into perspective? Is Haas considered way better as far as Technology Industry is concerned?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would strongly consider Haas if you want to work in California after you graduate. There is the ease of accessing the companies in Silicon Valley and the large number of alumnis. They also have a lot of engineers in the PT program with similar goals as you if that is important to you.

Otherwise, I would go with Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I do not have a preference for location after my MBA. So do you still think Haas is better than Kellogg?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All things being equal, I would choose Kellogg.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
One thing about the Kellogg P/T program is that they require you to be fully employed to apply to it (I asked the Adcom). In my case (living and working in NYC), I can't apply to Kellogg PT because I would have to quit my job and move to Evanston and find a new job THEN apply (which is not a sure thing anyway).

Chicago PT does not have this limitation nor does Haas. I don't think Stern has that limitation as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
jzd wrote:
One thing about the Kellogg P/T program is that they require you to be fully employed to apply to it (I asked the Adcom). In my case (living and working in NYC), I can't apply to Kellogg PT because I would have to quit my job and move to Evanston and find a new job THEN apply (which is not a sure thing anyway).

Chicago PT does not have this limitation nor does Haas. I don't think Stern has that limitation as well.

JZD, I think you have rather strict interpretation of the Kellogg rules. Just because you may have to be fully employed to apply does not mean you need to be fully employed after application. Also, I can't imagine any school not allowing someone to quit their job and look for something else during their MBA studies. In other words, quitting your job at NYC and moving to Chicago and looking for an another job should be perfectly acceptable.

Finally, worst case scenario, no school in the world would dismiss you as a student if you can't find a job.
GMAT Club Bot