Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Part Time) vs Berkeley Haas Part Time EWMBA [#permalink]
I am in a similar situation - trying to choose between Kellogg Part-Time and Haas EWMBA.

My post-MBA goals are in Entrepreneurship (first choice) or Technology Product Management (second choice) preferably on the west coast. While all of this perhaps makes Haas to be a perfect fit for my goals. However, I am struggling to make a decision because of the significantly higher brand value of Kellogg(usually top 5program) over Haas (Top 7 to 10 program).

Any insights on how important is reputation when choosing an MBA program?

Thanks for your inputs!

basso25 wrote:
i choose haas, because of program integration with other berkeley colleges/FT, school prestige/PT ranking, tech/entrepreneurial location/relevance, and school culture. i have a strong marketing background, and as much as kellogg would compliment that, i wanted to get out of my comfort zone a little bit and explore different venues.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
if reputation/brand name is important to you, i think it's important to note ewmba is the #1 pt school for the past 2 years. that's the more relevant school ranking than the FT ranking you reference. sure, we all get the same degree. but people definitely make the distinction and look at the two options differently. fact of the matter is, it's significantly easier to get into pt than ft.
Intern
Intern
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
For those considering both Kellogg and Haas, are you commuting from far way or are in close proximity to one of these schools? I mean rankings aside, I would think regional proximity comes into play more when considering Part Time or even Executive MBA programs....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
I was in a similar situation and choose Kellogg. I have a background in technology already, so Kellogg's strengths made it a better choice for me. If you don't have existing experience in technology and are looking at the EWMBA to give you that, I would suggest Haas as the location will provide better access to create the new connections you will need in the tech world.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
OurLegacySV wrote:
For those considering both Kellogg and Haas, are you commuting from far way or are in close proximity to one of these schools? I mean rankings aside, I would think regional proximity comes into play more when considering Part Time or even Executive MBA programs....

Was wondering the same. Do people spend the money on flights to go to class on the weekend or what?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
OurLegacySV wrote:

Was wondering the same. Do people spend the money on flights to go to class on the weekend or what?

Here at Kellogg we have students doing both. Many of the participants in the Saturday program are flying in from around the country. The evening program is all people in the area as far as I am aware (but some commuting 2+ hours for class).

I was lucky to be able to relocate from the west coast and am living a block away from the downtown campus and working from home, but there is a mix within the overall program.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts