Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Kellogg Part Time Vs. GSB Chicago part time [#permalink]
14 Nov 2005, 05:00
I am new to this forum so please excuse any mistakes I make.
I was fortunate enough to get into both GSB and Kellogg Part time programs. I need to decide which one is better for me.
I have started a company that is commercializing hybrid technology for use in the Indian commercial vehilce. I started the company about 2 years ago while I was still working as a software engineer at Computer Associates.
A prototype will get ready by March 06 at which point I will have to leave for india to puruse my business. Depending upon the success of the prototype, I shall either be siging a deal or wrapping up the business.
My qs are the following:
1) Given the background, is there a particular field that will help me do a better job as CEO of a startup? Entrepreneurship vs General Mgmt.
2) If Entrepreneurship then I feel Chicago GSB is better? What is your opinion?
3) How is the international brand name of Chicago GSB vs Kellogg? I feel the latter maybe stronger in India? Any comments?
1) It's a pretty close call since they are both relevant but I would say Eship is the better match.
2) This is another close call but I would give the advantage to Chicago.
3) Yet another close call, but in India I would give the advantage to Northwestern. For other regions, the advantage would alternate between the schools.
I will go back to my stock commentary on Chicago vs. Northwestern- it is difficult to find two such evenly matched schools so close to one another. The opportunity cost and return for these two schools is so similar that I would make the decision on the basis on fit rather then any perceived differences in prestige.