Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Jul 2014, 23:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg R1: Lets the pants pooping continue here!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Kellogg R1: Lets the pants pooping continue here! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 18:39
Dying on this front as well. Many many admits and no call yet.

Who's R1ers? / Who's R2ers? Sound off!

THE R1 TEAM (5) - THE BLUE TEAM
----------------------------------------

flapjack: 740 GMAT, 3.5 GPA WAITLISTED
rhyme: 730 GMAT, 3.0 GPA, non-alumni recs, WAITLISTED

brown: 24 / male / white / 750 / 3.72 / software engineer / state school / no alum recsWAITLISTED
batchgmat: 740, 3.4 GPA, no alumni recs, DINGED
helg:Russian, 730 GMAT, 4.9/5.0 GPA from a top Russian University, 7 y.w.o supply chain mgtt, Weak interview, no stellar extras. DINGED
Hindustan: 730, 3.35 GPA triple major, 7 years experience, DINGED

THE R2 TEAM (2) - THE RED TEAM
---------------------------------------
dukes: 750, 3.1 - so so interview
venky: 730 gmat

Last edited by rhyme on 08 Jan 2007, 11:59, edited 19 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 18:41
Rhyme, now you getting me crazy! (More crazy to be precise)

Anyways:

740, 3.4 GPA, no alumni recs

I had a late interview (don't get me started on that again) so I am not really expecting anything this or even next week.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 22:30
Count me in for the Blue Team.

Russian, 730 GMAT, 4.9/5.0 GPA from a top Russian University, 7 y.w.o at matriculation in supply chain management, currently with a Fortune 100 company (healthcare). No stellar extracurs and mediocre interview.

And... it's a Ding for me.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:02
helg wrote:

Russian, 730 GMAT, 4.9/5.0 GPA from a top Russian University, 7 y.w.o at matriculation in supply chain management, currently with a Fortune 100 company (healthcare). No stellar extracurs and mediocre interview.

I'm really sorry to hear this man. Don't worry, just go start your own Wharton pants pooping thread - it'll bring you good luck!
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:06
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear this man. Don't worry, just go start your own Wharton pants pooping thread - it'll bring you good luck!

Thanks, rhyme. I will follow your advice :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:19
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

Hey can you tell me when you submitted PII of your app?

I submitted mine early, like 10/1 I think, but it didn't get to Kellogg for a little while because my recommenders hadn't yet submitted. I think it went to them something like 10/12 or 10/13.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:28
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

Hey can you tell me when you submitted PII of your app?

I submitted mine early, like 10/1 I think, but it didn't get to Kellogg for a little while because my recommenders hadn't yet submitted. I think it went to them something like 10/12 or 10/13.

Sure. It was on October, 20.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:28
helg wrote:

Dang, it sucks when a fellow GMATClubber gets dinged. All the best for Wharton, man, you defn. got the stuff for them.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 04:38
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Dang, it sucks when a fellow GMATClubber gets dinged. All the best for Wharton, man, you defn. got the stuff for them.

Thanks batchgmat!

Yes, it sucks to be dinged, but life goes on and I still have hopes for Chicago and Wharton. Well, if I am not a good fit for Kellogg, so be it. Means, I wouldn't enjoy going there anyway :)
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 07:35
R2 for me. 750, 3.1, mediocre interview.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 08:52
helg wrote:
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Thanks batchgmat!

Yes, it sucks to be dinged, but life goes on and I still have hopes for Chicago and Wharton. Well, if I am not a good fit for Kellogg, so be it. Means, I wouldn't enjoy going there anyway :)

shoot i feel bad......... 730 GMAT and not even waitlisted.... god what more they want from you? Top GPA too? From Russia... I wonder what went wrong.. when do you get a chance to speak with them and find out how to improve for next year or what to work on?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 09:02
That's too bad Helg. Your stats are definitely top notch. Do you have any feel as to the reason? I remember reading your report on your interview - do you think that could have been the problem?

With regards to this thread, unfortunately I will not be joining the fun. I decided to skip Kellogg. I think it's a really great school though so I wish everyone who is applying good luck.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 11:39
willget800 wrote:
helg wrote:
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Thanks batchgmat!

shoot i feel bad......... 730 GMAT and not even waitlisted.... god what more they want from you? Top GPA too? From Russia... I wonder what went wrong.. when do you get a chance to speak with them and find out how to improve for next year or what to work on?

I will seek an opportunity to inquire with the school regarding the reasons for this decision. If I ever find out anything (though I am not optimistic about the chances of this) I will definitely make a report here. So far I can only guess... And, judging from the stats on admissions411, I am far from being the applicant with the highest GMAT score to be dinged... :roll:

pelihu wrote:
That's too bad Helg. Your stats are definitely top notch. Do you have any feel as to the reason? I remember reading your report on your interview - do you think that could have been the problem?

With regards to this thread, unfortunately I will not be joining the fun. I decided to skip Kellogg. I think it's a really great school though so I wish everyone who is applying good luck.

The interview might be one reason. As I said earlier in my report on the interview, I wouldn't be surprised if the alumnus feedback were either negative or positive. Kellogg interview was the hardest of the three for me, both in terms of questions asked and of interviewer's attitude.

Also, it seems to me that Kellogg pays a lot of attention to applicant's extracurs, and mine are not so stellar.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 15:44
Add me:

I was R1 applicant.....count me in the Blue team.

690 (the GMAT I had when I applied) My Nov test was 730 (Q51, V37)
7 YRs work exp, (Parallel: 1 full time job, 2 businesses)
3.35 GPA (Triple major)
Strong reccos....
Interview Waived.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 16:08
I'm really growing insanely tired of this. Today was a horrible day. I drove an hour and ten to work, got in early, worked on some essays, had to go to an hour and a half BORING meeting... drove 2 HOURS to get home... no call, no news, no nothing. For the first time in months I really feel like I'm ready to pull my hair out.
VP
VP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 17:45
Hang on Rhyme

Go to a movie theatre and kill time
Director
Director
Followers: 2

GMAT Tests User
query [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2006, 02:02
Count me i red team
730 IT Indian male
Awaiting off-campus interview
I submitted Part 1 on november 27 and requested the interview in London
but still no call

Should I contact them and insist for off-campus interview or just wait
I need time with my essays any way

whats the best thing to do?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2006, 04:09
Whats the relationship between the ceral maker kellogg and kellogg School??
Any one :-D
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2006, 04:19
"With a name like Kellogg, questions about a connection with the Kellogg Company of Battle Creek, Mich., are inevitable. John L. Kellogg was the son of the Kellogg Company's founder and worked for the family firm for many years, ultimately becoming its president. He subsequently left the firm and settled in Chicago, where he became a successful entrepreneur in the food industry. He died in 1950 at the age of 67. In 1979, the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation gave $10 million to Northwestern, and the school was named the Kellogg Graduate School of Management."

:wink:
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2006, 08:00
I have yet to hear anything from Kellogg. I only had my R1 interview about 2 1/2 weeks ago, so I guess I'll have to wait awhile longer.
  [#permalink] 28 Dec 2006, 08:00