Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 16:02
Hello - i have a special situation on my hands and am hoping someone experienced with the admissions process can advise. I am R3 applicant and today I received a note a few minutes ago from the admissions team stating that one of my recommendations had not been received. I alerted my recommender who processed this immediately and it is now submitted - apparently he had only saved it until this point instead of submitting it. I have not been able to get through to admissions committee yet since it is past business hours. But have written to them and will talk to them tomororw.

But my question is - would they still consider my application for Round-3 ? I How serious are they when they state that my decision could be post the notification date and that my application may not be processed in time ? What can I do to help fix this situation ?

Please advise.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 119

Kudos [?]: 558 [0], given: 114

Re: Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 16:16
How late was it? This stuff happends all the time. Most likely they will just count you a part of R3 with everyone else and you'll never have to think about it again. It's really not such a big deal. I know it makes you feel like you did something wrong, but in fact it was just a mistake/glitch on the part of your recommender. It will not reflect poorly on you, and it will probably be no biggie. So don't lose sleep over it. The strict deadline is usually only held for submission of the application itself, and even then there is a little bit of buffer room. Let us know how it turns out

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 17:41
Thank you for your reply. I am concerned because my recommender was 6 days late. I got the email today and he immediately acted upon it. He was on medical leave and had overlooked submission although it was saved.

Do you think 6 days is too long ? Is there anything else I can do ? Can talking to admissions to clear this up help ? I am worried becos kellogg's email indicated that there is a chance that they may not render a decision before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 17:58
DallasGirl wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I am concerned because my recommender was 6 days late. I got the email today and he immediately acted upon it. He was on medical leave and had overlooked submission although it was saved.

Do you think 6 days is too long ? Is there anything else I can do ? Can talking to admissions to clear this up help ? I am worried becos kellogg's email indicated that there is a chance that they may not render a decision before the deadline.

I am no expert in any way and GMATLA provided you with great advice already.
Maybe draft an 'explanation/ justification' letter and have your recommender sign it - just in case the adcom gets back to you (it would be ready right away). I would still try to contact them to address your concerns.

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

Re: Kellogg R3 : One of my recommendations submitted late   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2012, 17:58