Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg's R2 Pant poopers and R1 Waitlists

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 487
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 18:12
I submitted at 11:55 PM on the deadline :)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 01:37
PatelM wrote:
thanks for the vote of confidence. i've reconsidered and decided to wait until the end of this week before i start freaking out about not yet having a R2 interview in process.

you with me on that venky? besides, i would take that admissions411 data with a grain of salt.


While I agree the stats in adm411 are not very representative it does give an approximate idea with a large grain of salt though
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 01:47
But the data that suggests that, so for only the US people have recieved interview calls seems to be plausible
so relax maybe Indians would expect calls in february :lol:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 01:52
I am somehow I dont know why So enthu about kellogg despite the fact that I am an average applicant.

Oh March25 when will you come :)

I have lost interest in my job :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 02:07
I just had my interview for Kellogg.
It was very informal. The interviewer was great.
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?

Other questions were very similar to the "usual suspects"
Why MBA, Why Now, WHy Kellogg, Tell me about your WE, your background, leadership roles. what was your toughest assignment, and what is your leadership style?

After the interview, he gave me a few feedbacks (I didn't ask since I didn't want to be reflected as a insecure interviewee although I acutally was :lol: )

"Died4me, you have a strong WE, I wish you all the best"

I am trying not to read in too much from this short feedback. But I want to think this was a positive sign. :lol:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 02:12
Hey died4me you have mentione din ur profile you have strong XA. "XA"??
whats that
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 02:13
congrats for your cool interview
died4me wrote:
I just had my interview for Kellogg.
It was very informal. The interviewer was great.
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?

Other questions were very similar to the "usual suspects"
Why MBA, Why Now, WHy Kellogg, Tell me about your WE, your background, leadership roles. what was your toughest assignment, and what is your leadership style?

After the interview, he gave me a few feedbacks (I didn't ask since I didn't want to be reflected as a insecure interviewee although I acutally was :lol: )

"Died4me, you have a strong WE, I wish you all the best"

I am trying not to read in too much from this short feedback. But I want to think this was a positive sign. :lol:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 02:22
died4me wrote:
I just had my interview for Kellogg.
It was very informal. The interviewer was great.
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?

Other questions were very similar to the "usual suspects"
Why MBA, Why Now, WHy Kellogg, Tell me about your WE, your background, leadership roles. what was your toughest assignment, and what is your leadership style?

After the interview, he gave me a few feedbacks (I didn't ask since I didn't want to be reflected as a insecure interviewee although I acutally was :lol: )

"Died4me, you have a strong WE, I wish you all the best"

I am trying not to read in too much from this short feedback. But I want to think this was a positive sign. :lol:


whats your demography?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 07:13
[quote="died4me"]
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?
quote]

What did u say to this?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 07:14
died4me wrote:
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?
?

What did u say to this
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 08:42
just curious. Why can't you put all the questions in one post?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 09:23
Because I ask questions when I thnik abt the problem I dont do batch processing
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 1430
Location: New York, NY
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 09:46
I'm sure people would appreciate it if you learnt. I can understand being nervous about interviews, but if you structure what you are asking it makes it easier for people to answer and better for everyone.

Also, apparently cribbing a question someone else was asked at an i/view by pestering them, then posting up "how would you answer this?" to everyone with them knowing you have an interview at that school and are trying to get a good answer ready... well, it is bad form (especially when so obvious!)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 12:47
3underscore wrote:
I'm sure people would appreciate it if you learnt. I can understand being nervous about interviews, but if you structure what you are asking it makes it easier for people to answer and better for everyone.

Also, apparently cribbing a question someone else was asked at an i/view by pestering them, then posting up "how would you answer this?" to everyone with them knowing you have an interview at that school and are trying to get a good answer ready... well, it is bad form (especially when so obvious!)


I see your point
I will take care
just a bit excited abt interview
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 12:50
Whats the fuss allabout
its just 2 q
i didnt realize the last one till I read in one of the BW forum that this was a FAQ in most schools

I think somehow you overrecting

Any way as promised I will tc next time
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 12:56
1. XA: I have strong XAs. I founded three organizations.
one in college and two after college. One I founded in college now have more than 100 members. I am serving the club as the president of the club's alumni association.

2. Demograhic: I am a Korean-American (came over to US when I was in 9th grade.)

3. The tough question: I went back to the "WHY Kellogg" story but with some variations and more flavors. I emphasized why Kellogg is a perfect fit for me. I didn't say anything about other schools.

Last edited by died4me on 18 Jan 2007, 06:33, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2007, 15:52
Count me in for Round 2 as well - while the majority of the people who post on this site have much better stats - below are mine:

White/From NY with Real Estate background in sales and management/640 GMAT/2.55GPA from Boston University/1 Alum Rec, 1 from CFO of my company who attended GSB.

I am doing an on campus interview on Friday - and while I think I am by far a long shot I am still going to give it my best. Rhyme helped me on my essays, I have the alumni connection, so anything is possible but I am a realist.

A lot of you have very impressive profiles, I am surprised at the number of dings.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 01:20
OasisNYK wrote:
Count me in for Round 2 as well - while the majority of the people who post on this site have much better stats - below are mine:

White/From NY with Real Estate background in sales and management/640 GMAT/2.55GPA from Boston University/1 Alum Rec, 1 from CFO of my company who attended GSB.

I am doing an on campus interview on Friday - and while I think I am by far a long shot I am still going to give it my best. Rhyme helped me on my essays, I have the alumni connection, so anything is possible but I am a realist.

A lot of you have very impressive profiles, I am surprised at the number of dings.


I think ur profile is impressive especially ur work ex is unique not the cliche Indian IT male :)
1 alum rec WOW! A rec from CFO, Did u ditrectly report to him?

EVerything but your GMAT is a wow in your profile
Your GMAT is within the range, may be stronger essays can get u thru

All the best
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2007, 06:53
I have made the names bold in the first post for clarity
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2007, 02:17
My Kellogg status still shows

"After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday."

I submitted on Jan 5 deadline
How many in the same boat???
  [#permalink] 19 Jan 2007, 02:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Stanford R1 & R2 - pants pooping 06/07 lepium 57 29 Dec 2006, 15:13
Kellogg R1 & R2: Pants pooping thread continues - ELSEWH rhyme 4 27 Dec 2006, 09:23
Pants Poopers Strike Back: Wharton R1 & R2 helg 135 15 Dec 2006, 04:14
GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence! rhyme 723 13 Dec 2006, 06:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg's R2 Pant poopers and R1 Waitlists

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23    Next  [ 445 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.