Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg waiver for interview. what do you make of this?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 03:27
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
You know I was thinking .... How many of us worked on our apps from work where the external IP is the same for everyone ?

Maybe they don't use this as much as we think...

I, for one.

You and probably 80% of other applicants.

The thing is, I don't know almost any firm in the world that has distinct IPs for each PC to the outside. Everything always routes through a gateway, usually only with one IP. If the firm's big enough, they might have several to handle the load, but were talking a half dozen, not thousands.

One of my recommenders asked me to use his gmail address, so that probably threw up a flag, but I had all my recommenders submit stuff on formal letterhead (even if electronic) and include contact information in their letters, so if they want to verify they can.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 03:36
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
You know I was thinking .... How many of us worked on our apps from work where the external IP is the same for everyone ?

I, for one.

The thing is, I don't know almost any firm in the world that has distinct IPs for each PC to the outside. Everything always routes through a gateway, usually only with one IP. If the firm's big enough, they might have several to handle the load, but were talking a half dozen, not thousands.

One of my recommenders asked me to use his gmail address, so that probably threw up a flag, but I had all my recommenders submit stuff on formal letterhead (even if electronic) and include contact information in their letters, so if they want to verify they can.

Well. Both my recommendations for GSB have passed the verification, while being submitted from the PCs with the same IP.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 03:37
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:

I, for one.

Well. Both my recommendations for GSB have passed the verification, while being submitted from the PCs with the same IP.

Mine passed too, but I dont know if verification means, well, "verification"
in the sense of "yes we've confirmed these came from these people" or if it means "verified complete".
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 11:07
I got a different reason for an interview "waiver" (which I can't help thinking as 50 % closer to being dinged :( )

Quote:
Thank you for your request for an alumni interview. There has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests this year in your area; therefore we can not accommodate your request without making excessive demands of our alumni interviewers. Due to these circumstances, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application.

Rest of the email is same as the first post in this thread. Anyone heard of a K admit without an interview ?

This is Kellogg's official stand

Hindustan wrote:

I got the above emailm SOON after i checked my status on their. are they keeping track of ip addresses and log in times??

Hindustan, I had the same exp... checked my status, and got this email within 15 minutes :roll:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 11:19
More updates regarding K's interview stats from BW 2006 rankings page

Quote:
Applicant interviews

Interviews are:

Required

Percentage of all applicants (admitted and denied) to the class of newest full-time entrants who were interviewed: 83

Percent of the admitted applicants to the newest full-time class who were interviewed: 100
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 12:07
According to the BW site, each of their top 5 schools interviewed 100% of their admitted applicants. Kind of makes you wonder what a "waiver" means exactly. I guess maybe they rounded off from 99%+? :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2006, 20:57
I guess it would be better to wait till you receive a decision or further correspondence from kellogg.. no point in speculating about what the adcom's are upto.. Guess it tough if you get mails like these.. especially Hindustan and cybericy.. But, i suppose patience will have to prevail..
  [#permalink] 27 Oct 2006, 20:57