Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 1226
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 661 [1] , given: 116

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2013, 22:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill : Kenan - Flagler Business School

Admitted Students Thread.


Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to the class of 2016
at Kenan-Flagler!


Feel free to discuss anything such as housing, financial aid, welcoming weekend, etc..


Roll Call - Full time MBA



Roll Call - Online MBA@UNC



NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.


Facebook Page - Class Of 2016


_________________

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 19:54
I'm seriously considering this school. It suits my interest in Pharma/biotech management and marketing.
But I'm still expecting scholarship compensations from UNC.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 07:50
gabriel1984 wrote:
I'm seriously considering this school. It suits my interest in Pharma/biotech management and marketing.
But I'm still expecting scholarship compensations from UNC.


Expecting? With a 730 GMAT and only an average GPA? What makes you so confident?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 07:54
thefinancelady wrote:
gabriel1984 wrote:
I'm seriously considering this school. It suits my interest in Pharma/biotech management and marketing.
But I'm still expecting scholarship compensations from UNC.


Expecting? With a 730 GMAT and only an average GPA? What makes you so confident?


A PhD degree, memberships of some academic societies...... etc. I guess.
Besides, Chinese top universities tend to provide a lower GPA. I was recommended to the Chinese Academy of Sciences Graduate School because of my GPA already.
I got a 3.8 GPA for my PhD, though. It's easier to get a higher GPA in the US schools system. Here you don't have those mandatory politics and College English courses which draw my GPA from 3.8 to 3.55. :-D And I found the admission officers in KFBS are aware of this situation.

It's a very different criteria. Let's see if these counts. If there is nothing in the package, I guess that's fine.
Forgive me for my overconfidence please, I'm sure that my recommendation providers include this in my recommendation letter. :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 10:02
gabriel1984 wrote:
thefinancelady wrote:
gabriel1984 wrote:
I'm seriously considering this school. It suits my interest in Pharma/biotech management and marketing.
But I'm still expecting scholarship compensations from UNC.


Expecting? With a 730 GMAT and only an average GPA? What makes you so confident?


A PhD degree, memberships of some academic societies...... etc. I guess.
Besides, Chinese top universities tend to provide a lower GPA. I was recommended to the Chinese Academy of Sciences Graduate School because of my GPA already.
I got a 3.8 GPA for my PhD, though. It's easier to get a higher GPA in the US schools system. Here you don't have those mandatory politics and College English courses which draw my GPA from 3.8 to 3.55. :-D And I found the admission officers in KFBS are aware of this situation.

It's a very different criteria. Let's see if these counts. If there is nothing in the package, I guess that's fine.
Forgive me for my overconfidence please, I'm sure that my recommendation providers include this in my recommendation letter. :-D


That is impressive! I wish you lots of luck - if I wind up at K-F, I'd want someone with that profile in class with me!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 76
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 21:36
Thanks, good luck to you on your application to Kenan-Flagler! :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 101
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 16

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 22:46
I was just curious that how many had got an email from Kenan Flagler that their academic history places them in the range of students who get fellowships.
I though most of the 700+ scorers got that mail but no one talks about it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 01:48
somu12345 wrote:
I was just curious that how many had got an email from Kenan Flagler that their academic history places them in the range of students who get fellowships.
I though most of the 700+ scorers got that mail but no one talks about it.

My score is 750. I never got such mail. That's bad, I guess.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 101
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 16

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 04:08
livery wrote:
somu12345 wrote:
I was just curious that how many had got an email from Kenan Flagler that their academic history places them in the range of students who get fellowships.
I though most of the 700+ scorers got that mail but no one talks about it.

My score is 750. I never got such mail. That's bad, I guess.



Did you got an application fees waiver? sorry about too many queries but i am just curious
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 04:11
somu12345 wrote:
livery wrote:
somu12345 wrote:
I was just curious that how many had got an email from Kenan Flagler that their academic history places them in the range of students who get fellowships.
I though most of the 700+ scorers got that mail but no one talks about it.

My score is 750. I never got such mail. That's bad, I guess.



Did you got an application fees waiver? sorry about too many queries but i am just curious

Yes, I did.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 101
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 16

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 04:44
Hi Livery

I guess in that email only its mentioned that academic score places us in the range of students who get a fellowship. you might have missed that part
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 05:07
somu12345 wrote:
Hi Livery

I guess in that email only its mentioned that academic score places us in the range of students who get a fellowship. you might have missed that part


I remember that bit. I thought you received some mail after the results. But yeah, I had completely forgotten about that part. I feel little reassured and I hate that feeling. :|
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 101
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 16

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 07:14
livery wrote:
somu12345 wrote:
Hi Livery

I guess in that email only its mentioned that academic score places us in the range of students who get a fellowship. you might have missed that part


I remember that bit. I thought you received some mail after the results. But yeah, I had completely forgotten about that part. I feel little reassured and I hate that feeling. :|



If i dont get any scholarship then I would have to decide b/w washington olin with 60K scholarship and unc with no scholarship :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 07:17
somu12345 wrote:
livery wrote:
somu12345 wrote:
Hi Livery

I guess in that email only its mentioned that academic score places us in the range of students who get a fellowship. you might have missed that part


I remember that bit. I thought you received some mail after the results. But yeah, I had completely forgotten about that part. I feel little reassured and I hate that feeling. :|



If i dont get any scholarship then I would have to decide b/w washington olin with 60K scholarship and unc with no scholarship :(

My back up option is Carlson with full tution waiver. I am looking for atleast 50% schol from UNC. :Fingers Crossed:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 101
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 16

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 07:58
Livery,

Wow full tuition waiver from Carlson! if you dont mind can you share ur profile with us
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 09:07
somu12345 wrote:
Livery,

Wow full tuition waiver from Carlson! if you dont mind can you share ur profile with us


Apart from 750 in GMAT, I have nothing extra special in my profile. It'll be 36 months in coming july for me in Oil & Gas sector Indian PSU. My GPA is horrendous.
1 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 1226
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 661 [1] , given: 116

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 04:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
OP updated with facebook link
_________________

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 37
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 17:39
Does anybody know when kf will run a background check . I work for a small company and the situation is a bit tricky.
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2014, 17:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all (UNC) Kenan-Flagler Applicants - Class of 2017 Narenn 4 28 Jun 2014, 12:05
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Neeley Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students!! Gian 7 27 Feb 2014, 06:03
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Foster Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students! kpottem 9 31 Dec 2013, 09:43
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Waitlisted Students!! MacFauz 7 27 Dec 2013, 22:37
158 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! MacFauz 893 21 Apr 2013, 10:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kenan-Flagler 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.