Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2012
Posts: 31
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.43
WE: Other (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 13:19
Turtleinatutu wrote:
dstjonn wrote:
Is anyone who was waitlisted planning on doing anything in the mean time or just waiting for the next decision?


I was wondering this too. Has anyone heard from the school? I emailed the adcon about a week ago asking what I could to strengthen my application and I haven't heard back.

I guess I'm in the "fortunate" (?) position of having a crappy GMAT score. I took the test after cramming for 3 weeks and have since raised my score on practice tests quite a bit. I'm retaking the test the first of March and (hopefully) will submit a higher score before they make their r3 decisions



From my very limited understanding of how adcoms work for MBA schools, waitlisting is generally a good sign. I mean, accepted is better but hey, you take what you can.

A lot of the offers they made will get rejected by people who got into their top choice schools and they will need people to fill the slot. Also, it seems like waitlisted canadites have an overall higher chance of gaining admission than the regular pool. But it does suck cause a lot of us will move over into the denied category.

I jsut got a new job and am debating if it is even worth updating them on it. Oh well, guess it couldnt hurt.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 20:03
dstjonn wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
dstjonn wrote:
Is anyone who was waitlisted planning on doing anything in the mean time or just waiting for the next decision?


I was wondering this too. Has anyone heard from the school? I emailed the adcon about a week ago asking what I could to strengthen my application and I haven't heard back.

I guess I'm in the "fortunate" (?) position of having a crappy GMAT score. I took the test after cramming for 3 weeks and have since raised my score on practice tests quite a bit. I'm retaking the test the first of March and (hopefully) will submit a higher score before they make their r3 decisions



From my very limited understanding of how adcoms work for MBA schools, waitlisting is generally a good sign. I mean, accepted is better but hey, you take what you can.

A lot of the offers they made will get rejected by people who got into their top choice schools and they will need people to fill the slot. Also, it seems like waitlisted canadites have an overall higher chance of gaining admission than the regular pool. But it does suck cause a lot of us will move over into the denied category.

I jsut got a new job and am debating if it is even worth updating them on it. Oh well, guess it couldnt hurt.



If there is a way you can present it as a promotion, I think you should definitely tell them. Congrats
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 214
WE 1: 4 yr IT
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 26

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:34
hi ppl,
does anyone know the status of international students who applied in round2?
no emails and no status update in the portal.
the silence is killing me
_________________

this time, we play for keeps

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 0 Q0 V0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:58
vinzycoolfire wrote:
hi ppl,
does anyone know the status of international students who applied in round2?
no emails and no status update in the portal.
the silence is killing me


U mean the Dec round? The result should be released last week. If Jan round 3, we need to wait for another one month...... Mar 18 is the decision release date

Good luck~~ :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 214
WE 1: 4 yr IT
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 26

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 14:22
zhangyan19870330 wrote:
vinzycoolfire wrote:
hi ppl,
does anyone know the status of international students who applied in round2?
no emails and no status update in the portal.
the silence is killing me


U mean the Dec round? The result should be released last week. If Jan round 3, we need to wait for another one month...... Mar 18 is the decision release date

Good luck~~ :)

Damn....
can't they just say it as and when they process.... :x
_________________

this time, we play for keeps

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 145
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 06:49
This discussion is rather dead, I guess until R3 decisions come out. For those that have been able to visit KF, what are things you liked and didnt like about the program/school?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 22
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 08:18
The stats show 2 applicants were admitted for R3. Does KF give out admission decisions prior to the deadline?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 16:27
GenericUsername wrote:
The stats show 2 applicants were admitted for R3. Does KF give out admission decisions prior to the deadline?


Sometimes yes they do..Specially for the candidates who have secured a scholarship..That's the trend which I have seen in the thread..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 16:56
magiccapofnix wrote:
GenericUsername wrote:
The stats show 2 applicants were admitted for R3. Does KF give out admission decisions prior to the deadline?


Sometimes yes they do..Specially for the candidates who have secured a scholarship..That's the trend which I have seen in the thread..


I am skeptical about the accuracy of data provided by at least one of the candidates there. He/she claimed to be admitted on Jan 30, which was before the R2 decision deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 May 2011
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 05:34
.

Last edited by Pique on 09 Apr 2013, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 17:15
This forum is unusually quiet. Is the total number of applicants for UNC less this year? Last year's GMAT club forum for UNC was more active; it had added at least 50% more pages around this time. My online status went from "waitlist" to "no status found" a few days ago. Now the status shows some usual information, but nothing suggests that I am waitlisted. Anyone on the same boat?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 01:57
I just submitted for the final deadline but I interviewed way back in September during open interview period (I submitted late because I was waiting for better test scores).

I'm hoping that I can hear back pretty soon from KF because I'm applying to a few fellowships and for some of them you have to be admitted somewhere in order to apply!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 07:35
changed wrote:
This forum is unusually quiet. Is the total number of applicants for UNC less this year? Last year's GMAT club forum for UNC was more active; it had added at least 50% more pages around this time. My online status went from "waitlist" to "no status found" a few days ago. Now the status shows some usual information, but nothing suggests that I am waitlisted. Anyone on the same boat?


Mine shows same thing. Waitlist decision is now gone. I was waitlisted when I got decision in February. So I believe our application now rolls into next round with the decision date being Monday. Hopefully we will get an update from them.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 08:40
DSGB2014 wrote:
changed wrote:
This forum is unusually quiet. Is the total number of applicants for UNC less this year? Last year's GMAT club forum for UNC was more active; it had added at least 50% more pages around this time. My online status went from "waitlist" to "no status found" a few days ago. Now the status shows some usual information, but nothing suggests that I am waitlisted. Anyone on the same boat?


Mine shows same thing. Waitlist decision is now gone. I was waitlisted when I got decision in February. So I believe our application now rolls into next round with the decision date being Monday. Hopefully we will get an update from them.


Yeah, I just called the school, we will get a new decision on Monday... I guess it could be the same decision, waitlisted, but it will be updated
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:57
Anyone know what time they release the decisions on Monday?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 04-16-2012
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 05:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
watersorbet wrote:
Anyone know what time they release the decisions on Monday?


I see from one of their e-mails that decisions will be posted online by 5pm EST and you'll also receive an e-mail when posted. Well, we'll just wait n watch!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 19
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 10-13-2012
GPA: 3.17
WE: Accounting (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 09:06
I'm in for round 3! I received a call from my interviewer today welcoming me to the program :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 28
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 04-16-2012
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 10:30
kettlered wrote:
I'm in for round 3! I received a call from my interviewer today welcoming me to the program :)


Hey Kettlered, Congratulations! Could you share who your interviewer was? And you received the call today, a Saturday?! I'm becoming KettleBlack with envy!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 19
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 10-13-2012
GPA: 3.17
WE: Accounting (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 10:40
vkredi wrote:
kettlered wrote:
I'm in for round 3! I received a call from my interviewer today welcoming me to the program :)


Hey Kettlered, Congratulations! Could you share who your interviewer was? And you received the call today, a Saturday?! I'm becoming KettleBlack with envy!



Thank you! My interviewer was John Hughes. Yes, I received the call today (Saturday) but I don't think that's common place for them to call on the weekends, he advised me the official acceptance wouldn't go out until Monday though. Still super excited :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 36
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 14:42
I got a phone call on Friday. I'm so excited. I thought I was going to have to wait until Monday. In with a fellowship and can't wait visit again next month.
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2013, 14:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants nktdotgupta 269 05 Oct 2012, 22:01
19 Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! mba20thirteen 722 10 Aug 2010, 09:42
11 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants Class2012 368 14 Jul 2009, 07:24
2 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! johncoctostan 106 30 Aug 2008, 10:31
8 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants nervousgmat 191 16 Aug 2007, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 270 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.