Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 10:25
Congrats to everyone admitted this round. I was at the Admittance Weekend earlier this month and can vouch for the wonderful group of people you are going to meet. Everyone seems to be super friendly and helpful. For all those accepted, check out the FB page & app for the class of 2015. There are still quite a few people looking for roommates. We are all just kinda jumping in and sharing information as it comes.

See you in Chapel Hill!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 12:11
What did you do after receiving the waiting list information? Did you provide anything to AdmCom?

Jayelle wrote:
I was also a waitlist candidate and received my acceptance today. I have a range of emotions flowing through me. Congrats to all of those that were accepted and I am still hoping for the best for those of you that are on the waitlist!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.23
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 13:31
I haven't provided my official acceptance just yet but I will. We are able to send our acceptance or denial electronically like we did for our waitlist status. I have looked through the information that they have on the Admitted Students portal. There are a few other things that I am following up on too as well.

FMN64 wrote:
What did you do after receiving the waiting list information? Did you provide anything to AdmCom?

Jayelle wrote:
I was also a waitlist candidate and received my acceptance today. I have a range of emotions flowing through me. Congrats to all of those that were accepted and I am still hoping for the best for those of you that are on the waitlist!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 21:40
Wait-listed...I was a R4 applicant (submitted March 15th). That makes 3 wait lists for me....hoping one of the three come through!!! (Emory, Vanderbilt and now UNC).
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 07:01
Thank you for the information. I mean that when you knew that your application was put on the waitlist, did you provide additional to UNC to increase the possibility of accepatance.

Jayelle wrote:
I haven't provided my official acceptance just yet but I will. We are able to send our acceptance or denial electronically like we did for our waitlist status. I have looked through the information that they have on the Admitted Students portal. There are a few other things that I am following up on too as well.

FMN64 wrote:

Jayelle wrote:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 06:54
Who is turning down their offer from round 4?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.23
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 07:45
I accepted my offer and submitted my enrollment deposit last night.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 07:50
Good for you, Jayelle.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 16:10
bnutz79 wrote:
Who is turning down their offer from round 4?

I might end up having to turn my acceptance. I haven't had any luck securing any private loans to pay for it

Current Student
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 13:43
anyone know if they will combine a Verbal and Quant score from 2 different GMAT tests?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 18:39
Financehopeful wrote:
anyone know if they will combine a Verbal and Quant score from 2 different GMAT tests?

Most schools will not combine these from different tests
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 06:35
This post received
KUDOS
Seriously, Fiancehopeful, if you are asking that question you shouldn't apply to KF or any of the schools you have listed.
Current Student

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 08:22
bnutz79 wrote:
Seriously, Fiancehopeful, if you are asking that question you shouldn't apply to KF or any of the schools you have listed.

I see from your post history that you enjoy and get "kudos" by making smart ass comments. So hiding behind anonymity, making snarky comments, hoping people on the internet think you are witty must be what you strive for. If that is the case then I hope you get all the kudos in the world to make you happy. However, I also hope whichever program I am accepted into I do not have you as a classmate.

Good Day sir.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 08:52
I don't care what people on the internet think. What I do care about is coming to this thread and seeing questions that could be answered with a simple google search. Quite frankly, if you can't do a simple search the interwebs, my friend, then I woudn't want you as classmate, co-worker, employee, friend, or even aquaintance, for that matter. Good day to you, Sir.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 42

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 09:39
bnutz79 wrote:

I actually don't think that is a dumb question. I had heard in the past that some schools did that, don't know if it's true, but it is a rumor that goes around. I too wondered that when applying. While I don't know of any schools that explicitly state that as their policy, I will say that the schools will likely see both scores and I think at least consider them, though that won't be what goes into their reporting. So let's say you bombed the math the first time but did awesome on the verbal, studied only math before the retake and then did great on math, but worse on verbal. I think the schools would be able to see that you have both math and verbal skills, you just weren't able to put them together on one test. So your "GMAT Score" is not getting combined, but the adcom still sees the two splits on both of the times you took the test and can glean from that whatever reaction they have.
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 20:03
I know Tuck and INSEAD let you take the highest score from each sections. I also know for a fact that some of the top30 schools combine scores too.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 08:43
I was an R3 admit but declined my offer. Here's hoping one of the patient WL'rs gets in as a result.
Current Student

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 09:38
mkilfoyle wrote:
I was an R3 admit but declined my offer. Here's hoping one of the patient WL'rs gets in as a result.

Well thanks for opening a spot for someone on the WL. I wish you the best wherever you choose to go.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 09:55
Has anyone from the WL recently visited the application portal and noticed any changes to their status? I believe admissions should be making some offers this week.
Current Student

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 10:29
bnutz79 wrote:
Has anyone from the WL recently visited the application portal and noticed any changes to their status? I believe admissions should be making some offers this week.

My status page looks different. It no longer shows that I am WL and no longer gives me the option to view my decision. It now looks like before they released decisions and we were waiting. Not sure what that means, if anything. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 15 May 2013, 10:29