Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Can anyone please share interview tips for KFBS?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Tepper '16
Send PM
is it okay at Kenan that recos are submitted 1 or 2 days after the deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
missionxl wrote:
is it okay at Kenan that recos are submitted 1 or 2 days after the deadline?

Yes, 1-2 days are fine. I confirmed with ad com this week. My recommenders haven't submitted recos yet. Most likely they will do it this weekend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Deleted

Originally posted by Aspirant18 on 20 Oct 2013, 05:00.
Last edited by Aspirant18 on 20 Oct 2013, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys, I applied to Kenan Flagler in EA round. I have scheduled my interview for Nov 1st(Skype Interview). But due to some unforeseen reasons, I cannot attend the interview on that day. I could see the option of canceling the interview and rescheduling it via "Interview Scheduler" in the online application. Can anyone please tell me if it ok to reschedule the interview? I am worried if this would look unprofessional to the adcom and finally impacts my admission. Please share your thoughts and help me. Thank you in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Aspirant18 wrote:
Hi Guys, I applied to Kenan Flagler in EA round. I have scheduled my interview for Nov 1st(Skype Interview). But due to some unforeseen reasons, I cannot attend the interview on that day. I could see the option of canceling the interview and rescheduling it via "Interview Scheduler" in the online application. Can anyone please tell me if it ok to reschedule the interview? I am worried if this would look unprofessional to the adcom and finally impacts my admission. Please share your thoughts and help me. Thank you in advance!

I did the same yesterday, rebooked the interview slot.
In my opinion, changing 10 days in advance a meeting that you can't attend - is the professional thing to do.
Anyway, they state that they can't change or book 9 days before a meeting.. so today is your day to rebook.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much Dormor..I rescheduled the interview..Thanks for the timely help!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Kudos
mbanerd16 wrote:

Hey! I could share some advice. I just entered KFBS this fall and have just a few thoughts --

- Relax -- obvious, I know! The interview format isn't case-based and the majority of the questions are about your background, your experience, and when you like the school. So while you should have done your homework and be prepared, they're not going to try to trip you up. They want you to tell your story.

- Know and be able to speak to the school's core values (listed on the website). We talk about the school's core values a LOT at KFBS. Unlike some corporate values that are listed on the website and largely ignored, KFBS' values are brought up in nearly every class in one capacity or another. You can read about there here: https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/about/core-values

- In particular, be able to speak to leadership and to teamwork. There's a number of programs at KFBS that are focused on building leadership skills in students, plus a lot of lot of opportunities to practice leadership. Meanwhile the student population is really collaborative and happy to help one another, which is a point of pride for the school.

- In general, be able to demonstrate your interest in KFBS. Whether that's because you love College Basketball & Carolina BBQ, or because you think the school has a strong investment banking program.

- Have a few solid questions to ask, but I wouldn't ask "What differentiates you from Duke/Emory/Cornell/Yale/Harvard/Kellogg/MIT?" just because naming a specific school makes it seem like you'd rather be somewhere else.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your advice. I just finished my phone interview, and it was purely conversational. Just know clearly why MBA, your work experiences, goals, etc. and you should be good to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
TheFool wrote:
mbanerd16 wrote:

Hey! I could share some advice. I just entered KFBS this fall and have just a few thoughts --

- Relax -- obvious, I know! The interview format isn't case-based and the majority of the questions are about your background, your experience, and when you like the school. So while you should have done your homework and be prepared, they're not going to try to trip you up. They want you to tell your story.

- Know and be able to speak to the school's core values (listed on the website). We talk about the school's core values a LOT at KFBS. Unlike some corporate values that are listed on the website and largely ignored, KFBS' values are brought up in nearly every class in one capacity or another. You can read about there here: https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/about/core-values

- In particular, be able to speak to leadership and to teamwork. There's a number of programs at KFBS that are focused on building leadership skills in students, plus a lot of lot of opportunities to practice leadership. Meanwhile the student population is really collaborative and happy to help one another, which is a point of pride for the school.

- In general, be able to demonstrate your interest in KFBS. Whether that's because you love College Basketball & Carolina BBQ, or because you think the school has a strong investment banking program.

- Have a few solid questions to ask, but I wouldn't ask "What differentiates you from Duke/Emory/Cornell/Yale/Harvard/Kellogg/MIT?" just because naming a specific school makes it seem like you'd rather be somewhere else.

Fantastic, thanks.

I missed the first deadline, will be applying to R2 instead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Tepper '16
Send PM
Guys, I had this thought on KF admission process that since they invite every applicant in round 1 for interview, does that mean they have less weightage on Application essays on the admission results.

I observed that most of the colleges are inviting students for interviews irrespective of the quality of the application essays. So, does this mean they have very high wighatge on interviews? what's your thought?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
missionxl wrote:
Guys, I had this thought on KF admission process that since they invite every applicant in round 1 for interview, does that mean they have less weightage on Application essays on the admission results.

I observed that most of the colleges are inviting students for interviews irrespective of the quality of the application essays. So, does this mean they have very high wighatge on interviews? what's your thought?

Yes. Almost on all the blogs on internet, you will find that mostly adcoms prefer interviews. App have got weightage, but interviews are equally important. I read somewhere, that sometimes when they interview someone, they find the person different from what it has been protrayed in the apps. That is why interview is important. To confirm, that yes you really believe what you wrote.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
TheFool wrote:
mbanerd16 wrote:

That was fantastic. However it would really help if you can please share some specific questions that were asked to you. Or which question was difficult to handle, or which ones were easy.
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Whats the time zone for interview slots mentioned on the website? Is it EST?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.25
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
aa2012 wrote:

Yes EST
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
ravitoons wrote:
aa2012 wrote:

Yes EST

Thanks for confirming...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 10-13-2012
GPA: 3.17
WE:Accounting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
I am also a current KFBS student and would recommend visiting https://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... n-flagler/ to get a general idea of the type of questions being asked during interviews. My experience was very conversational (you will find this to be a theme in our interviews) so I believe it's more about getting to know you as a person rather than "grilling" you.

During my interview prep I placed a lot of emphasis on stories that demonstrated KFBS's core values. I also had very clear reasons for wanting to attend UNC and the contributions I intended to make while in the program.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts