Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
8 KUDOS received
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 685 [8] , given: 116

Premium Member
Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 10:15
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Kenan-Flagler FAQs

Essay Questions

Essay One (Required)
What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? What are the other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future? (500 words maximum)

Essay Two (Required)
Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. Explain how: your professional experience has shaped these goals; why this career option appeals to you; and how you arrived at the decision that now is the time and the MBA is the appropriate degree. (500 words maximum)

Essay Three (Required)
What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler? (500 words maximum)

Essay Four (Optional)
If your standardized test scores are low, or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (300 words maximum)

Essay Five (Optional)
Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? (300 words maximum)

Dealing with a Ding - Webinar Recording

Attachment:
Dealing with a Ding.pdf [4.21 MiB]
Downloaded 3 times
To download please login or register as a user

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 09:57
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School has posted the application deadlines and essay prompts for the upcoming MBA admissions cycle.

Deadlines
Early Action Round
Deadline: October 18, 2013
Notification: December 13, 2013

Round 2
Deadline: December 9, 2013
Notification: February 3, 2014

Round 3
Deadline: January 13, 2014
Notification: March 17, 2014

Round 4
Deadline: March 14, 2014
Notification: April 28, 2014

Essay Questions
UNC Kenan-Flagler has three required essays and two optional essays. The essays for the 2013-2014 application season are:

Essay One (Required)
What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? What are the other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future? (500 words maximum)

Essay Two (Required)
Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. Explain how: your professional experience has shaped these goals; why this career option appeals to you; and how you arrived at the decision that now is the time and the MBA is the appropriate degree. (500 words maximum)

Essay Three (Required)
What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler? (500 words maximum)

Essay Four (Optional)
If your standardized test scores are low, or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (300 words maximum)

Essay Five (Optional)
Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? (300 words maximum)

Manager
Manager
WE 1: 1.3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2013, 09:17
Hi,
could you please let me know where did u obtain the essay questions.
I have not seen them on the official webisite although they are avilable on Stacy blackman blog

Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2013, 22:57
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2013, 20:15
Kenan Flager figures at no.3 in terms of the number of its students receiving full tuition aid
http://images.businessweek.com/slidesho ... ips#slide5
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2013, 15:14
Hi

Does anyone have any current student's /alumni's contact details, would appreciate it .Wanted to have an informal chat .

Cheers
~N
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2013, 23:49
This post received
KUDOS
meerkat4 wrote:
Hi

Does anyone have any current student's /alumni's contact details, would appreciate it .Wanted to have an informal chat .

Cheers
~N

The MBA ambassadors are quite friendly and responsive to prospective students. http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... mbassadors

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2013, 21:46
Prudence wrote:
meerkat4 wrote:
Hi

Cheers
~N

The MBA ambassadors are quite friendly and responsive to prospective students. http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... mbassadors

I second that... These guys were awesome and always replied with long detailed responses very quickly... And they don't mind being pestered again and again.. :p They aren't kidding when they say that the environment is collaborative...

Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2013, 05:17
Thanks guys .Sorry to post this on this thread ,but would anyone have any alumni /current student contact at Duke Fuqua .

Cheers
~N
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 05:13
Hi Guys

Would anyone know any Kenan Flagler alumni. Would really appreciate any contact details .. the joys of cold calling :)

Cheers
~N
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GRE 1: 316 Q162 V167
GPA: 3.71
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 18:54
In for early action!

"We are the Borg. We will assimilate this MBA program. Resistance is futile!"

Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 02:29
Great! .Did anyone have trouble uploading their transcripts ? I have a separate scanned pdf for each of my semesters .But the website is not reflecting the uploaded docs .Not sure what is happening ,any thoughts on this ? .

Cheers
~N
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GRE 1: 316 Q162 V167
GPA: 3.71
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 19:49
meerkat4 wrote:
Great! .Did anyone have trouble uploading their transcripts ? I have a separate scanned pdf for each of my semesters .But the website is not reflecting the uploaded docs .Not sure what is happening ,any thoughts on this ? .

Cheers
~N

I haven't tried to upload my files yet. Curious, why can't you combine all your semester transcripts into one single file? The transcript section, designed to accept on file per school.

"We are the Borg. We will assimilate this MBA program. Resistance is futile!"

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3
WE: Research (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 10:27
This concerns applicants who attended the Infosession conducted in Mumbai on the 25th of September - Any idea what needs to be done to get the application fee waiver?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 33

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2013, 01:35
aragorn87 wrote:
This concerns applicants who attended the Infosession conducted in Mumbai on the 25th of September - Any idea what needs to be done to get the application fee waiver?

Good luck on attending a potentially qualifying event! Though I didn't attend, it's best to contact the Admissions office directly on getting the waiver.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 4

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 01:27
meerkat4 wrote:

Cheers
~N

I uploaded my transcripts more than 24 hrs back but I am not able to see any file in the application, it just shows when was the last file uploaded.
I'll try to call admissions team on 10/7 or 10/8 to check on this and I'll post the discussion here for everyone.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 01:29
hifunda wrote:
aragorn87 wrote:

Good luck on attending a potentially qualifying event! Though I didn't attend, it's best to contact the Admissions office directly on getting the waiver.

I attended MBA Fair in San Francisco but KF admissions team team didn't offer any fee waiver. I believe there is no fee waiver for MBA Tours/Fairs.
You can call or email admissions team to check on this. Why don't you email the person you met during the fair?
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 06:52
sgupta14 wrote:
hifunda wrote:
aragorn87 wrote:

I attended MBA Fair in San Francisco but KF admissions team team didn't offer any fee waiver. I believe there is no fee waiver for MBA Tours/Fairs.
You can call or email admissions team to check on this. Why don't you email the person you met during the fair?

Thanks, but I couldn't meet them at fairs in my city as they didn't come. I have already emailed them and they said the same thing. I was hoping to meet the school at its own info sessions in my city and get a waiver, but no such luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 12:18
Can anyone please throw some light on 2 month pre mba ASW course that Kenan Flagler offers?

For a full time employed person it's a loss of 2 months paychecks and 2 months of additional living expenses. Also the ASW course will cost anywhere from $3000 to $6000. Overall cost is very high which adds to your full time mba fee & expenses.

Does anyone has idea whether we can do an alternate course (such as online) which will allow us to continue full time job as well?

Please share your thoughts.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 01:58
sgupta14 wrote:
Can anyone please throw some light on 2 month pre mba ASW course that Kenan Flagler offers?

For a full time employed person it's a loss of 2 months paychecks and 2 months of additional living expenses. Also the ASW course will cost anywhere from $3000 to $6000. Overall cost is very high which adds to your full time mba fee & expenses.

Does anyone has idea whether we can do an alternate course (such as online) which will allow us to continue full time job as well?

Please share your thoughts.

I'd like to know about this too.
Did you email them directly to know about alternative certificates online?
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2013, 01:58