Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 07:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 07:58
I haven't tried the Kaplan Tests... But I am happy with the Manhattan Tests :)

I believe they closely match the GMAT standard! Once you do the Manhattan Tests, you can use the GMAT score calculator to estimate your GMAT score...

http://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator/

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 08:39
I really cannot differentiate between the two.

Once i got 640 on Kaplan and 670 on Manhattan the next day.

Another time, i got 660 on kaplan and 620 on Manhattan the following day.

But on the MGMAT, i always ran out of time. :(
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2011, 08:39
Expert's post
Hi kamalkicks,

I'm happy to answer your questions, but I haven't really gone thorugh any MGMAT tests, so I am not sure what to tell you except that Kaplan stands by the accuracy of both its scores and its content on its practice tests. Do you have any specific questions about our content or materials that I can answer?

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 23:25
I personally enjoy the Kaplan CATs more because:
1) I score higher on them. :D (Kaplan - 760, Manhattan - 730)
2) I feel the Manhattan CATs unnecessarily push the difficulty of the Quant section higher.
3) Somehow the colours used in the Kaplan CAT keep me calm and let me finish my exam 10 min earlier in each section. (Lame reason, I know! But whatever helps me during the CAT is precious to me ;) )

But the Manhattan CATs, on the the other hand, have their own benefits:
1) The exams are longer so make you better accustomed at working with a time crunch.
2) Are more friendly when you have a crappy net connection.
3) Have a solid verbal section that test out the grammar rules and don't let you rely on your "hearing" much.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 23:26
HOLY CRAP! I just realized that my reply sounds like an 'Analysis of an Issue' Essay :D :D
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: KINDLY COMPARE MGMAT TEST WITH KAPLAN TEST [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 06:33
Expert's post
frederickbenny wrote:
HOLY CRAP! I just realized that my reply sounds like an 'Analysis of an Issue' Essay :D :D

Well, it sounds like the START to a good issue essay! You want to begin as you did by listing out pro's and cons. But a list of goods and bads won't get you a good grade on your essay; you need to pick a side and stick with it firmly. You also need to rebut the other side. Fortunately, you have a list of your opponents' points already. It's easy to pick a weak one and tear it apart!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews