I am an Indian student pursuing my Bachelor of Engineering from RV College of Engineering, Bangalore (a top-tier engineering college: one of the top-10 self financing institutions of India). I wish to apply for the HBS 2+2 program. I know that it is one of the most competitive programs in the world, and therefore I request you to evaluate my chances. Thanks in advance
GPA - 9.37/10, top-10 student of my branch
GRE - 1560 - 800Q, 760V, 4.5AWA
1. a. Played a key role in facilitating affiliation of RV College of Engineering (RVCE) to the International Society of Automation® (ISA), an initiative to promote student-industry interaction and exposure to real-world technology in the automation/instrumentation field
b. Founding member, President-Elect (2010) and current President of the ISA-RVCE student section. Organized over 50 seminars and lectures by Industry experts, professional workshops, proficiency courses and industrial visits as part of yearly activities
c. Facilitated internships for more than 30 student members in renowned automation firms such as Rockwell Automation®, iTech Protomation, and National Aerospace Laboratories
d. Increased section strength from 4 to 93 in under 15 months, making it the largest and most active ISA student section in southern India, and the largest student body in college.
2. Winner of 'Ideas for India Challenge 2010', the centenary initiative by ITC Ltd. - An all-India contest for the youth to submit ideas and projects that help build a better nation - among over 60,000 participants - for my conceptual model of a Public Transport Information System
3. Winner of 2 inter-university ISOI (Instruments Society Of India) organized paper presentation competitions, 3 IEEE organized state-level paper presentation competitions, and 1 IEEE organized national level paper presentation competition - for my RFID solutions in the mass commuting domain.
4. Presented two research papers at Pepperl+Fuchs Pvt. Ltd, one of the world's leading Instrumentation/Automation firms.
5. Selected to present paper on RFID to improve safety levels in vehicular commuting at the first National Conference on Wireless sensor networks.
6. Among the 25 youngest potential entrepreneurs from India short-listed for Venture Capitalist mentoring in ‘Economic Times - Power of Ideas 2010’ – for the business model of my Public Transport Information System.
7. One among 5 Indian students chosen by ITC Limited for an educational trip to the U.S., scheduled for June, 2011
8. Founding member and Project Leader of ‘Roadeo’ – A 20-strong inter-collegiate team working on a new device aimed at making vehicular commuting safer. The project is sponsored by the Ministry of Transport, Government of India.
9. School Prefect 2008 and School Vice-Prefect 2007
1. Interned for three months at Pepperl+Fuchs, conceptualized and developed lab prototypes of RFID based mass transit solutions.
2. Invited by Janaagaraha - a Non-Governmental Organization that works for uplifting civic standards in Indian cities - for summer internship (2011), primarily for furthering my work in the public transport sector in Bangalore
3. In the process of building my own start-up to provide bus-stop automation services for colleges and offices.
1. Head of sponsorship team of national level techno-cultural fest organized by the institution. Garnered sponsorship money of over 4 lac rupees (9000 USD), notably from Alienware® - High Performance Computers.
2. Vocalist of Theogony – one of Bangalore’s most feted college bands. Played over 40 concerts in the country at open shows, competitions (winning a few on the way) and headline performances.