Joined: 20 Aug 2013
, given: 0
kindly evaluate my PROFILE [#permalink]
21 Oct 2013, 11:13
Hi Accepted team
This is Vijay. I would be glad if anyone could evaluate my profile. Kindly help me in deciding schools, which shall range ambi,reach and safe.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Total WE: 4 years by the time of application end date-Jan '14. current WE: 3 years 10 months.
Working for Infosys LTD as a Quality Analyst and Application Administrator. I work in banking IBU where I deploy web applications(WAS, WPS ans WLS) at testing environment as to replicate the banks environment for a maintenance team. I create and maintain data base(Oracle and SQL). I have sound knowledge on banking functionaries and terminologies.
2) Your GMAT.
620 Q-44, V-32, IR-4 and AWA-official score yet to receive.
3) College info:
Under graduation: JNTU Hyd,
Major: Electrical and Electronics engineering,
Year of pass : 2009
12th and 10th percentage : 89.9 and 84.6 resp.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
• Created and maintained more than 60 e-banking application environments at testing site to support a team of 25 for their testing activities.
• Led a testing team of 25 and designed an internal testing methodology for capturing most accurate test scenarios in order to reduce the overall time and effort spent in testing all the test cases.
• Guided a batch of 100 fresher’s on the major functionalities of Finacle E-banking solution and the role of Finacle in real world.
• Mentored a class of 300 undergraduates at an event called SPARK about the values of Infosys LTD.
• Twice Awardee of “On the Spot” award for the best performance in the unit for the most prestigious clients- Mediterranean Bank (MED)-South Africa and Al-Hilal (Middle East Retail bank of the year 2013)-UAE.
• Nominated for Quarterly GEM award’s for more than 3 times, within a peer group of 65 members.
• Designed and built a 2 seat electric car, which can top speed up to 50km/hour. With an estimated cost of Rs.60000.00.
• Internship for a period of 3 months at Wine Yard Technologies- design and development of pc based SCADA.
• Presented 3 technical papers at national level technical workshops: ROBOVEDA’07, CORONA 2k8 and ALACRITY ’08
• Organized a national level technical symposium- Promethean’08, in which more than 50 colleges have participated.
• Captain of intra college football team, which stood second in the tournament among 7 competitors. A tournament conducted as part of annual sports meet.
• Member in Jagruti-social welfare association, which contributes monthly amenities to an old age home
5) Important certifications.
• Achieved 70% in ISTQB (International Software testing Qualification Board) certification.
6) Your target programs.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Michigan state university
Texas a&m university
Ohio state university
University of buffalo the state university of new york
University of Tennesse at knoxville
Thunderbird School of Global management
Kindly let me know any other US B-schools, which i can look into.
7) When you plan to apply?
Round 2- Fall 2014.
8)Your post-MBA goal
I would like to do Masters in operations and supply chain management. Post MBA i would like to work for private equities such as Walmart, Amazon or BMW.