Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly evaluate my profile....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Kindly evaluate my profile.... [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 13:08
Hi Accepted.com,

Please help me evaluate my profile and my chances for admission.

Nationality: Indian
GMAT:640(Q46- 76 percentile, V31- 58 percentile)
GPA: 7.0 on a scale of 10 or 76%, which would probably mean 3.04/4.00
Experience: 4 years(IT industry)

I have 4 years of experience in Asia's largest IT industry. I have worked in the Technical team for the first 2 years. I have then worked as a Business Analyst for 1.5 years and as a Project Coordinator for the last 6 months. I had been working in Enterprise Resource Planning and my client has been from the Health Industry.

I have worked in India for 1.5 years, in UK for 6 months and in US for 2 years.

I am planning to apply to Foster School Of Business( University Of Washington).

The deadline is on 15th of Jan, so I do not have time to appear for GMAT once more. Please let me know if my score and background is good enough to apply.
Please let me know if your require any further information.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly evaluate my profile.... [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 15:01
Gmatter111,

Although your GMAT score places you at the lower end of Foster's middle 80%, you should by all means apply. Your gender, variety of international experience, and upward career pace all help you. Even if Foster is perhaps a "semi-reach" school for you, you should definitely make a reach for it.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern

Re: Kindly evaluate my profile.... [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 20:26
Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your response!

I will be speaking to the university next week if I am eligible to apply for the next round i.e. March 15th deadline keeping in light the visa questions etc. The deadline for international students is on January 15th.

If Foster school is ok with me applying by the R4 (March 15th deadline), do you recommend me to take the GMAT again and then apply. Do you think I would have better chances with a higher GMAT score? Or do you think there might be less chances to get an acceptance to the university since it would be the last round of the applications?

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Kindly evaluate my profile.... [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2009, 20:51
Can you also please evaluate my profile for Univ of California, Irvine, UC Davis, UCLA and USC.

Is there any other reputed school on your mind which would be considered 'safe' for me?

Thanks for taking the time!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly evaluate my profile.... [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 18:33
Gmatter11,

It depends on how much higher your score is. If you jump from a 640 to a 700, it may be worth waiting. The people who I would discourage waiting until the last round are those who have very common profiles. The likelihood of schools having spots open for them are slim. Unusual and really strong applicants have the best chance in later rounds. You probably fit into the former group and if you get a score near 700 the latter group too.

You will need a score around 680 to have a realistic chance at UCLA. It's probably a reach school for you even with a 680 GMAT. USC is more doable but again a score in the higher 600s should be your target. UC Irvine and UC Davis are probably similar to Foster in terms of your chances.

In terms of "reputed" schools that are safe for you, that depends on what schools you consider reputed. With a 640, you should have a decent chance at Babson, Vanderbilt, and Maryland -- all good schools.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter