Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 21:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly Evaluate my Profile - MSc Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Kindly Evaluate my Profile - MSc Finance [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 05:36
Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest me the colleges where I may apply for MSc Finance

GMAT score: 730 ( Q=49; V=40)
Citizenship: Indian
Class-X: 84% from C.B.S.E. - Scindia School (Ranked 3rd in India)
Class-XII: 84% from C.B.S.E. (Science) (3rd in School)

Degree: B.Tech (Mechanical Engg.)
College: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani - Dubai Campus
Year of graduation: 2007
CGPA: 5.8/10 or 2.5/4 (2 F's and 1 Course Cancelled for Low attendence - Cause: Left university in Middle for Financial & Personal reasons for several months in multiple semesters)

Marital status: Single

Years of experience: 1 year Part time

1. Technical & Trading, Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group (Turnover – 2B USD) 02/2011 – 07/2011, Dubai, UAE
Trainee 06/2010 – 08/2010, Dubai, UAE
Cash Flow analysis for all company client sites
Estimation of contracts, labor vacation programme
Ran a team of 10 technicians for addressing any emergency work from Dubai Police, the company’s biggest client
AutoCAD, CATIA, 3D Modeling of equipment, etc..

2. Rothschild Global Financial Advisory 11/11-01/12, Mumbai, India
Graduate Programme
Forming a landscape of all FMCG, Food and Education companies of India for company database
Analysis of companies, research

3. Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals 08/10 – 09/10, Aurangabad, India
Internship
Maintenance of Company Headquarters’ – HVAC, Electrical and Equipment Systems

Projects in University

1. Variational Inequality and its Application in Optimization 09/09 – 01/10,
Project included using math to find optimal solutions to vector inequalities in Open Sets.
Applications included Traffic Systems, Public Transport, and Handling Large amounts of data in an efficient way

2. Magnetic Properties of Nano-Crystalline Alloys Using MOKE Setup 09/10 – 01/11,
Used Magneto OPTIC Kerr Effect to plot the magnetic properties of Nano-crystal magnetic material.
Project also included building MOKE setup and a Lock-in amplifier to conduct the experiment.

3. District Cooling Systems 02/11-07/11,
Project dealt with the need, advantages, designing etc. of DCS
Compared to various alternatives, with detailed analysis wrt cost, energy efficiency and alternate sources of cooling

Co-Curriculars (its Long... bear with me)
1. Duke of Edinburgh, UK, Silver Level awardee for adventure activities and social service.

2. Mountaineering Expedition to Climb Mt. Jogin 3 (20,200ft) in The Scindia School

3. Represented home state Madhya Pradesh in National Open Men’s Squash Championship in 2006 and reached 3rd round
3rd in All India IPSC Equestrian Championship in Punjab Public School, Nabha in 2004.

4. Represented India in Lions Youth Exchange to Denmark in July 2011

5. Won numerous writing competitions in school – Essay writing, etc..

6. Member of College Event organizing committee

7. House Tennis Captain – Scindia School, District Level Tennis Championship – 3rd Position

8. House Football, Hockey, Cricket and TT team in School (Scindia School – 3rd rank in India)

9. Created website with file-hosting services for students, used for disseminating college notes. Still primary website used by students for getting notes from teachers and other students.

10. Active member of Lions Club, Helped organize Blind Camp , free Dental Check-ups, free Medical check-ups in in Home District, and have received Letters of Appreciation from Lions Club

11. Represented Scindia School in a Cycling Expedition from Pune to Mahabaleshwar in South-West India, 2004

12. Represented Scindia School in Rafting Expedition on the Ganges in the Himalayan Mountain ranges, 2003

My reasons for MSC Finance:

1. Will help me change stream from Engineering to Finance, plus in-depth knowledge will help me further in career

2. Knowledge i will gain from this will help me when i start my own Investment firm, which i plan to do someday

Reasons for Change to Finance:

1. Became interested in the field during my last year of internship in a ESAG in Dubai, where i was doing Financial Analysis of sites

2. In my work in Rothschild, I enjoyed work immensely and wished to take it further, which wont be possible without a formal education or a degree in Finance, specially in this market scenario
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kindly Evaluate my Profile - MSc Finance [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 18:52
Expert's post
You should be a very strong candidate for MS in Finance--pick some top schools and throw a safety in for good measure. I don't see anything in your profile that would indicate you will come up short in the application process.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews