Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly let me know my chances in mba prgms & profile eval

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Kindly let me know my chances in mba prgms & profile eval [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2009, 11:51
GMAT score : 690 (Q49 V35 AWA5)
Work experience : 2.5 years (Accenture) - Programmer and then Senior Programmer
Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
%age : 67% (First Class)
Nationality : Indian

Interests : Strategy/Consulting

MBA programs shortlisted : (if possible, please let me know my chances in each of them and if any other program that I have not included but is suitable for a profile like mine)

Canada : Queen's, Rotman, Richard Ivey
US : Kelley (Indiana), Cornell, UCLA, UIUC, USC(Univ of south california)
Singapore : NUS, Nanyang
India : ISB

EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

* Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Visveswaraiah Technological University, India (September 2003 - June 2007).
* Certified Application Developer - Accenture Solutions Delivery Academy, Co-Sponsored with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Professional Education Programs (October 2008 -January 2009).
* Certified Application Outsourcing Proficient by Accenture Delivery Centre Network – AO School (August 2009).
* Completed Accenture’s Greenfield Training Certification (July 2007-September 2007).

PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS

* Proud recipient of Accenture ASE Achievers’ Award in Sep, 2008. Received a performance bonus of INR 30000 for the same.
* Recognized with Innovative Payment Group’s Star Award in Dec, 2008 for playing lead’s role by taking complete ownership of providing the daily Status of the application to the Project Manager in the absence of the Team Lead.
* Rated as CSAPG (Contributor Significantly Above the Peer Group) for FY2009.
* Secured All India Rank 434 (99 percentile) in National Information Technology Aptitude Test (NITAT-2004) conducted by NIIT (National Institute of Information Technology).
* Proud recipient of Scholar Gold Medal, Scholar Blazer and Scholar Badge during school time.
* Bagged 2nd position in MBD Science Talent Search Exam and 28th rank in National Level Maths Aptitude Test.
* Secured 13th position in State Level Science Exam. Got cash prize of INR1000.
* Received trophy for 2nd prize during the Oil Conservation Week.
* Captained the school cricket team and participated in various sports activities in school.

POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY HELD

* Was elected Class Representative in college (2005-2006).
* Was elected Captain in school (2002-2003).
* Was elected Prefect in school (2001-2002).

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Social Service
* Active member of Corporate Social Responsibility Team in Accenture, Bangalore. Participated in various initiatives, such as, Plant a tree campaign, Blood Donation Drive and visit to the Hope Foundation (NGO for children).
* Associated with Concern India Foundation (for past 4 years, part time) and helped them in fund raising for various projects.
* Received Certificate of Social Responsibility from HelpAge India Foundation for efforts in spreading awareness and collecting funds for their events.

Language Courses
* Completed French LEVEL A1 Breakthrough (Part 1 and 2) at Alliance Française (October 2008- May 2009).

Cultural
* Participated in Accenture’s ‘Financial Services-Application Outsourcing unit’ Carnival -2009 and prepared the script for the play “Mahabharata in Accenture”.
* Participated in various inter project Bay Decoration Competitions and Ethnic Day Celebration at Accenture.

Other Activities
* Organized team building activities, such as, ‘Happy Hours’ and Team Outings.
* Assisted Placement Officer in college’s various placement activities, such as, conducting mock interviews, preparing documents et al for batch mates as well as juniors to help them in facing actual placement rounds.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Kindly let me know my chances in mba prgms & profile eval [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2009, 20:23
aspire4thebest,

Given that you are applying from a common applicant pool (male, Indian, IT), ideally your GMAT would be higher, though yours is certainly respectable. I would classify the following schools as "long shots" not though achievable ones (if you execute flawlessly): Cornell, UCLA, ISB. The following schools are your competitive or doable schools: Rotman, Ivey, Kelley, USC. These schools are you optimistic or 'safety' schools: Queens, UIUC, NUS, Nanyang. You appear to be young, so if you get dinged this year, you can come back next year with a higher GMAT score or at least more professional and community leadership and improve your odds even more.

Given your goals, you could also consider these schools, which would be competitive for you: Emory, Babson, CMU.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter