Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly look at my profile. Many thanks.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Kindly look at my profile. Many thanks. [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2007, 05:49
Hi Hjort. I'm applying this year for B-school. Just re-took GMAT, and here are my stats:
Education: Smith College undergrad, GPA 3.3, Political Science major.
Resume: Straight out of college, 5 years on Wall Street - went through training program at major commercial bank, was placed in private banking sector, promoted to Assistant Treasurer. Left to pursue music/acting career. Traveled all over the country playing in bands and working in theatre for many years. Started writing in earnest. Won top honors in 2 screenwriting competitions for my recent screenplay. Took day job at start up PE firm. Raised my hand a lot when projects were being handed out, and thus went from CEO's assistant to general office manager and investor relations liasion. Responsible for hiring 3 people in the past year, 2 as assistants, one as addtional accounting person. Also function as primary liasion between our fund sales agent and our partners.

Outside interests /clubs etc: play piano and sing in old folks homes around NYC. Am now well-versed in WWII swing ballads! Also, tutored two other assistants after work - 1 passed the NYPD exam and is applying as an officer candidate, and the other managed to graduate from college (she was going at night - first person in her family to graduate from college) More recent interests include joining anti-human trafficking group this spring. Am working with the founders of the same to help them in their fundraising efforts. On more frivolus note, also play golf and participate in monthly wine club.
Final GMAT score: 740 - 46Q, 45V - 97th percentile. Also recently took Pre-Calculus class at NYU and received grade of "A".
Why MBA: eventually, to start my own film production company. Want to write/produce quality films with strong, funny female characters who audiences can identify with and root for, and thus help to change the often negative portrayals of women in pop culture.

Target schools: Columbia (great media program), HAAS (ditto - more digital media, but still), Harvard (b/c 4 people from my firm, including my immediate boss, are Baker Scholars from there, and insisted that I should include it in my lineup.)
These are all top schools, and thus long shots, I know, but would appreciate your thoughts and any insight you can provide on my candidacy.
Many thanks for your time!

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Kindly look at my profile. Many thanks.   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2007, 05:49

Kindly look at my profile. Many thanks.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap