Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kindly review my profile

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Wharton '16
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Kindly review my profile [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 00:01
Work experience:

1) Investment Banking Division of a buldge bracket bank (3.5 years)
- Worked as part of investment banking of a European bank division under various industry and product groups
- Industry groups: Oil & Gas, Metals and Mining and Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Product groups: M&A, ECM and DCM
- Geographically served in their Mumbai office and Hong Kong office
- Worked on various deals spanning Americas, Western Europe, CEE, Asian and LatAm clients

2) Startup in repair and maintenance services (1 year)
- Took a break for a year and started my own venture into repair and maintenance services of household as well as light commercial machinery
- Idea was to create a company providing premium services for repair services in India, where customer service industry is far behind western standards
- We worked for various top Indian industrial houses and government bodies including Indian Oil, TATA, Indian railways and also got a good reputation with retail clients
- Got breakeven and even started getting good profits, however, had to stop the operations because of the lack of funding for expansion and labor availability problems

GMAT: Yet to appear, hopefully will get around 700+

Undergraduation:

1) Bachelors of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology (the highest ranked engineering university in India)
- GPA 3.0/4.0

Extracurricular:

1) Table tennis state level player for Delhi state
2) Finance manager for IIT’s Hostel and managed funds for 400 people
3) Avid traveler and adventure sports fan

Recommendations:

I will be able to secure recommendations from India country head level position personnel and also from my clients with whom I did business during my startup

Target programs:

- Ivy league in US, LBS / Insead in Europe, HKUST in Asia
- Funding is a constraint and will prefer to get admission with scholarship
- Also I will be going with my spouse so would prefer a school with good facilities for family living

Post MBA plans:

- Would like to start a media and entertainment based company focused on use of animation in movies or any fund / investment company focused in media sector especially movies
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 22

Re: Kindly review my profile [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2013, 07:05
Hey atulmonga - thanks for asking for input on your profile. You've already gotten feedback from several other consultants here on the boards and it's tough to do a whole lot without a GMAT score. We'd also be repeating what you heard from the other consultants (career goals are a stretch, school choice isn't optimized to media etc.) and it doesn't make sense for us to do that. Are there other specific questions that you have for us that we can help you with?

EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Re: Kindly review my profile   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2013, 07:05