Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knewton and MGMAT CAT Review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Knewton and MGMAT CAT Review [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 14:28
This post received
KUDOS
Knewton Test - taken today

Verbal Quantitative Total
41 / 92% 44 / 68% 690 / 91%

I find the math, and more importantly the verbal to be pretty on-cue with the gmac questions. Verbal is probably the most bang on out of any test prep outside of gmac that I have worked with. I "feel" like the math may just be a slight bit easier. A very nice resource indeed.

Scoring Algo - Something is off. My quant score reflects only 5 errors, #7, 2 errors in the "20's" and 2 errors in the "30's". I have a hard time believing this would land me at a 68%tile.

MGMAT Test - taken yesterday
Q 45/77% V 34/72% 650 84%

Math is hard, and from what I've read and what I've seen a harder representation than GMAC. I would comment that many of the questions are just so algebraically dense that it becomes a battle of time. Having hard questions only makes you strive to better yourself, so I still feel these CAT'S are very useful. I believe with 10 errors they still awarded me a 46 on Quant, 4 of those errors I am contributing to being rushed to finish at the end.

MGMAT - I'm sorry, your SC book is amazing, I'm going to go over it again for a second lap. I cannot say enough amazing things about it; however, the rest of your verbal is ambiguous and not representative of OG questions. Answer choices are precarious at best and MOST importantly, I find my verbal score sufferers extraordinarily when I take your CAT'S. (let it be known on every practice test and the real GMAT last month I score a 41 verbal like clockwork, it's my quant that is my weak area).

Scoring Algo - Seems to accurately reflect your results with a corresponding score.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Knewton and MGMAT CAT Review   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2011, 14:28