Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knewton classes along with Manhattan books. Approach?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Knewton classes along with Manhattan books. Approach? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2012, 06:06
I've enrolled for knewton classes... also I've Manhattan study guides with me. I'll be taking GMAT in october first week.
How should my plan of action be from now on? I mean how to merge Knewton with Manhattan?
I just graduated last month...and I've no other commitments except for studying for GMAT.

Thank you.
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 154 [2] , given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Knewton classes along with Manhattan books. Approach? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2012, 10:24
This post received
KUDOS
I'm currently enrolled in Knewton and also have the Manhattan books.

I started with Manhattan, but my extremely rusty math skills made the Manhattan books overly challenging for me and I just had a hard time staying focused. So after a month of ineffective study, I finally decided to purchase Knewton. I've now completed all of the Knewton quant lessons. (My verbal has always been strong, so I skipped those lessons). Knewton kept me engaged and thoroughly explained key concepts. I think it's an invaluable tool for building foundational content knowledge.

Last week, after having completed Knewton, I returned to the MGMAT guides. I now understand so much more of what I'm reading. My quant score is currently in the low 40's and I want to bring it to the upper 40's. I believe MGMAT will help me with that.

In terms of your study plan, I don't think that Knewton covers anything that Manhattan doesn't. However, I feel that Knewton is better for targeting your weak areas, because it feels like someone is actually talking to you and teaching you. MGMAT is better for taking your score to the next level.

Lastly, the MGMAT CATs provide so much more information to continue to refine your strengths and weaknesses. Knewton has a 'Concept Queue,' which I think is very messy, and it's hard to pinpoint deficiencies in content knowledge or timing.

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
- What questions to ask admissions officers
- 5 Things to do Now to Prepare for Round 1 applications
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Re: Knewton classes along with Manhattan books. Approach?   [#permalink] 11 Jul 2012, 10:24