Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 15:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knewton Live Online GMAT Course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7563 [2] , given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2009, 00:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Please join me in welcoming KnewtonGMAT Preparation to GMAT Club.
Feel free to post your questions, comments, and anything else related in this thread.
My favorite part about Knewton course is the 50-point improvement money back guarantee, which provides a safe option to cross the 700-barrier for those stuck at 650 and above. Free 7-day trial and a free test are available!

KnewtonGMAT Course Reviews by GC members

knewton-online-course-review-78282.html
how-i-upgraded-my-700-to-a-770-q50-v44-82149.html
gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-and-comparison-78451.html?view-post=628632#p628632

!
SPECIAL OFFER:
Limited time offer - Knewton's GMAT course for only + Free GMAT Club Tests!

As a special deal between Knewton and GMAT Club: If you signed up for Knewton’s GMAT course with a qualifying promo code, you can get free access to GMAT Club Tests (all 30 of them – a $79 value).

Get Discount
KNEWTON $100 PROMO Code +
$250 GMAT CLUB Bonus
Knewton
$100 + $250

Knewton GMAT Course Discount

Access to All GMAT Club Tests
Knewton Promo Code: KNEWTONBEST-GMAT-CLUB
Learn more about Knewton's online course and 50-point guarantee. Read reviews from GMAT Club members.

Offer Details:

GMAT Club Practice Tests & App Instructions:

After you sign up, please fill out this form so we know your GMAT Club username and enable access.

Note: To receive the GMAT Club tests, you must sign up using the promo code above. Only one promo code can be used on sign-up, so this offer cannot be combined with other enrollment discounts that Knewton offers.

Already signed up? Get your GMAT Club tests here.

Why Prep Online?

You get the best teachers.
Unlike old school test prep, we don’t employ 10,000+ unproven teachers across the country. We hire only the industry's best GMAT teachers and test experts, and our online platform brings them right to you.

Prep meets technology.

You get instant, precise data about your performance throughout the course. See your progress, up to the minute, on hundreds of concepts at any time. We pinpoint exactly what you need to hit your score goals.

Study from home.
GMAT prep—on your couch, in your pajamas. No more strip malls. No more drab test centers. Study where you want, when you want.

It’s sustainable.

No more books. Much less paper. No commuting in traffic.

The smartest prep at the best price.

Why pay more? Other companies charge $1500 to cover the costs of hundreds of physical locations and millions of pages of printed material. Knewton is able to deliver the best prep at the best price—because online learning is all we do. We’re so confident in our GMAT course that we’ll give you a guarantee: Improve your score by 50 points, or your money back.

-

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 09 Feb 2012, 14:30, edited 36 times in total.
logo change
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: APEGM
GMAT Date: 02-03-2012
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 20:35
Hi NoObstacles,

I, too, am taking the course right now (just finished 5th session) and don't worry you're not the only one falling a little behind. I have session #6 coming up this week as well and still halfway done session #4. I find there is quite a lot of things that is available for homework and extra work. It keeps me busy especially with reviewing after doing the homework. If I ever do catch up and find a little time, I am doing OG12 questions and going through the OnDemand Office Hours.

Like Chris said, I'm trying not to overload myself either. There is a lot of material to look at.

CN-
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 07:18
Cyanide wrote:
Hi NoObstacles,

I, too, am taking the course right now (just finished 5th session) and don't worry you're not the only one falling a little behind. I have session #6 coming up this week as well and still halfway done session #4. I find there is quite a lot of things that is available for homework and extra work. It keeps me busy especially with reviewing after doing the homework. If I ever do catch up and find a little time, I am doing OG12 questions and going through the OnDemand Office Hours.

Like Chris said, I'm trying not to overload myself either. There is a lot of material to look at.

CN-

Seems to me like we're pretty much on the same page, i'm a bit behind on the homework as well, but today's a snow day, so I might be able to catch up.

Anyways let me know how things are going !
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 10:41
Hi there - I purchased the Knewton course using the GMAT Club discount code - 2 sessions in it's been great!

One question - how do I access the GMAT Club Tests for free now that I've purchased the course using the GMAT Club code? If I go to the Tests page and click "Buy" it takes me directly to Paypal.

Thanks,
babum10
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 10:51
Hi babum10,

Great to hear that you're enjoying your course! Just send me a PM with your name and the email you used when you signed up for Knewton, and I'll make sure your access is set up. Let me know if you have any questions...

Welcome to Knewton!

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2011, 08:21
NoObstacles wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
Hi NoObstacles,

CN-

Seems to me like we're pretty much on the same page, i'm a bit behind on the homework as well, but today's a snow day, so I might be able to catch up.

Anyways let me know how things are going !
Cheers

Hey Guys,

So I finished the course last week, I do feel that I have advanced in my prep for the GMAT overall, but I still know that i'm not ready for the GMAT. The last few homework practice tests that I took through Knewton, i've been scoring great, but it's still taking me way TOO long to complete them. That is on average i'm taking about 5min to finish a Quant Question, while in the verbal section it's about 2:30 - 3:30min, so not too far off the pace in verbal.
Anyways this being said it's obvious to me that I have to keep reviewing the material so I can retain more and as such be able to call on it faster when need be. Now I'm not to sure whether to go back and watch ALL the on demand videos that are available through Knewton while going through the concept queue's OR to take another approach, i.e buying the Manhattan GMAT set of books, which I already did, and combining the two together. I feel that combining the Manhattan GMAT books and the Knewton quizzes and concepts will give me more of a structured approach in regards to making sure that I've covered all the bases needed to score a 680+ to 690+ on the GMAT. I might not necessarily go through all the Manhattan Books but possibly just go through the ones that pertain to my weak areas. I know that the concept queue in Knewton manifests itself based on your weaknesses through all the sections covered, but I feel that it's still really really scattered overall. Anyways if anybody has some feedback in regards to what they feel would be a better approach please let me know. I still haven't booked the GMAT, and i'm not necessarily in a rush to complete it, but I am hoping that I'll be ready to write within 5-8 weeks.

P.S I just wanted to say that the Knewton instructors are really great, honestly I wish I could burrow one of their brain's for exam day, the way that they approach some questions and explain them conceptually is uncanny.

Anyways time to get some studying in for the day!

Cheers,
NoObstacles
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 41

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 08:01
I am interested in signing up for the Knewton online course after I participate in the demo lecture tonight. I would appreciate if any current Knewton student is willing to refer me, and provide their feedback of the course. So please PM me if you are interested.

If you like my post, consider giving me Kudos !!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wake Forest

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 04:29
Hmm only $450 now and access to GMAT Club tests? It's like I've been given a sign on what to do with my $456 dollar tax refund this year and I'll still have enough to buy a beer after I break 700!

"The capitol of Maine is Montpelier, Vermont which is near Ithaca, New York where I went to Cornell."
-Andy Bernard, Cornell '95

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 04:55
Hi maguirmj,

I like that attitude! That's a great way to celebrate a 700, too :-)

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 11:55
Is it true that Knewton considers highest score from official GMAT as a base score? and do i need to submit copy of my official score? I am enrolling today, please let me know.

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 12:04
Hey Deepak,

That's right -- if you've taken the GMAT in the past 5 years, we'll take your highest official score as your baseline for the money-back guarantee. There's no need to submit an official score when you enroll, though. You'll only need it if you want to redeem the guarantee after finishing the course and taking the GMAT again.

When you sign up, just skip the diagnostic exam and you'll be good to go!

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any more questions...

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

Manager
Manager

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2011, 18:49
I got a 550 on my Knewton diagnostic test today :shock: I'll start my GMAT journey officially in two days, with my first class. I know I definitely want to improve the final score by much more than 50 points. Let the journey begin !!

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2011, 02:39
Good luck, ardk! Let us know if you have any questions as you get started...

Posted from my mobile device Image

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

Manager
Manager

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2011, 17:33
Thanks Chris, will definitely do.

Manager
Manager

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2011, 19:21
I've completed two lectures (well, 1st one was only introductory orientation about GMAT & Knewton's methods and their website) and one office hours class. My instructors Rich (Quant) and Jen (Verbal) are really awesome !! Jen was back for office hours again today. Apart from regular lectures and office hours, there are tons of online resources and more work for students to complete. Some of these are mandatory for money-back guarantee, while other on-demand lectures and extra homework and quizzes are optional.

I don't have any complaints but a couple of things could be improved. SOME homework questions don't have options to choose from, and after completing them, I was not happy with answers. For example, I type in 3/2 and they say I am wrong bcoz it is 1.5. I don't understand why they don't provide options and follow GMAT pattern for all questions. Similarly, they test a few questions on terminology of the concepts which I think is not required as long as I know the concepts. These are minor things, but I couldn't think of anything else to complain.

Overall, I already find the course very exciting and useful.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 09:55
Hi,

I had a couple of questions about the Knewton class.

1) I took the GMAT and got a 670, but I took the Knewton diagnostic and got a 710 or 720 can't remember, is the 50 point gurantee good for the 670 or the 710?
2) The office hours each week can you go into detail on what is covered there? Is it individual one on one or are they on a specific topic or what is the general approach any sort of detail you could provide would be great.
3) Do you offer any sort of discounts if I'm come with a group (I'm a first year associate at a non mbb strategy house, and I would venture a guess that a bunch of us are going to be looking to take a course)

Thanks,

Run
Manager
Manager

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 19:22
I can't answer on #1,#3 but with regards to office hours, it is a 2-hour class. I only attended one OH, and they gave us 7-8 questions (between Quant. & Verb.) to solve each in 2 minutes and then explained the underlying concepts. For the last 30 minutes, students were asked to post their questions and they repeated a few more practice questions. One thing I was not quite sure was, if all these questions were asked by students. Coz, you don't need to wait for office hours for your doubts, you can email them anytime. Maybe Chris might provide more insight into this.

Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 136

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 09 May 2011, 23:18
Dear Josh/Chris,

I am a gonna-be student of Knewton. I must say, I am impressed reading the reviews about Knewton.

I got one precise question. How does live interactive classes (of Knewton Prep Course) add value to a GMATee? Actually, I got this feeling that maybe for additional US$ 340 might not be a good shot/worthy shot because those classes only involves some type-chatting thing (or what?).

I would also appreciate if you could give an in-depth analysis of he difference between the two prep courses - Premium Live and Complete Prep.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 11:50
Hi, what is a decent score in Knweton free Test ? How close it is to GPREP? Can you please help?

ChrisBKnewton wrote:
Good luck, ardk! Let us know if you have any questions as you get started...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2011, 01:04
Hi!
My Knewton CAT scores were as follows:
- First real GMAT: 590
- Diagnosis Knewton test: 550
- CAT#2 600
- CAT#3 570
- CAT#4 640
- CAT#5 650
- CAT#6 700
- GMAT Prep 1: 690
- GMAT Prep 2: 680
- Second real GMAT: 710
As from my results you could see, that the CAT scores pretty much resemble my performance from the GMAT Prep as well as the real test itself.
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2011, 01:04