Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
Re: Knewton or MGMAT (in person) courses? [#permalink]
Thanks for the note.

We are quite proud of our course, as we are able to bring the best teachers and technology to our students -- for half the price of our competitors.

And yes the Money-Back Guarantee is very real.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Best,
Josh
Intern
Intern
Thanks for the replies so far!

So I'm really starting to lean towards the MGMAT live (in person) course. Here are my reasons;

1. Signed up for Knewton's free trial and was immediately stopped by the necessary upgrade to either mozilla firefox or the latest version of IE. Since I cannot download or make software upgrades to my work computer this is a dead end for mobile learning (I have a work laptop).

2. I have an iMac at home (desktop) with the latest version of mozilla firefox and safari, since Knewton uses some flash on their online content I cannot see it due to apple's constraints. So the website ended up looking choppy on my [realtively] new iMac (2009).

3. Just as it's difficult to manage remote employees, I do believe it's difficult to learn remotely, even if it is live. There is just something to be said about having an engaging group learning experience where you can physically walk up to the white board and write out problems together. This holds true in the workplace and in the learning environment. Online information and collaboration is a great SUPPLEMENT but I'm not convinced it is a replacement for primary interaction either in professional or academic settings.

So, I'm not trying to put a negative spin on Knewton, it sounds like an outstanding program that will work for alot of people. This is just my experience so far and point #3 is an opinion. I just personally think that face to face interaction and collaboration is what really drives home progress. I am a younger guy and a member of Gen Y so I'm not from the "old school" I also have a technology background (programmer, analyst etc.) so I'm very far from being skeptical of alternative mediums of collaboration as I use it daily. I just think when it really counts nothing beats in-person interaction that's all. And in my opinion studying and preparing for the GMAT really counts!!

Any other opinions out there??
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
Thanks for the note.

IE6 is really a disaster and numerous sites across the Web are reducing support for it. We offer an advanced, video-based, interactive platform -- and a browser built in 2000 has trouble with it; any version above IE6 works.

Re Flash: We have a lot of students on Macs and PCs and this is not a complaint we here. We'd love to have our engineers troubleshoot with you. Send me a PM and I will set it up ASAP.

Our team-teaching model is really great. Getting questions answered privately, one-on-one, is awesome, and it's equally useful when others are getting the same treatment without slowing the class down for you. Go at your own pace and study only what you need to. The data revolution ushered in by the Internet shouldn't have to stop short at GMAT prep.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Thanks again,
Josh
Intern
Intern
Thanks Josh,

I appreciate your input and I think it's a great program, I think this is really more of a personal situation driving the decision away from the Knewton program. All of your points make perfect sense which attests to the success you have enjoyed in a small timeframe. If I had the ability to upgrade my browser on my work laptop I'd do it and probably be signing up for Knewton right now. As for my iMac, I believe my next machine will be a PC, too many restraints in apple universe. Also to note I have alot of security enabled on my mac since I live in a highrise on a private network so that may be contributing to the incomplete page loads on the website, again more of a personal situation.

Thank you for your quick replies and input, from the research I've done I think I'd still recommend Knewton.

Thanks!
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Hi cgl7780,

Sorry for the delayed response, but thanks for considering us!

It sounds like you've thought about your options and done your research, but I wanted to add couple of things to think about when making your decision:

At Manhattan GMAT, we pride ourselves on the quality of our instructors. As you pointed out, a lot of people work best when they're in an environment where they can interact with their classmates, ask questions, and get to know their instructors. Our classes, whether in-person or online, are always small and interactive, and you'll always be with the same two instructors. When you sign up for a live online class, along with the complete prep set (our 8 Strategy Guides, the 3 Official Guides, The Official Guide Companion and the Foundations of GMAT Math, a Stopwatch and a test simulation booklet) we will also ship you a headset, so you can be sure to talk directly to both of your two teachers during class.

In addition to the personalized attention of our instructors in class, we also offer half an hour of one-on-one time with instructors each week in our online classroom. We call it "office hours" and it's a great opportunity discuss problems directly with an instructor.

In terms of the score guarantee, make sure you always look at the terms and conditions for any company that offers one. I'd like to point you towards a blog post we wrote on the subject here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... uarantees/

Let me know if you have any questions about our offerings, and thanks again for the consideration!

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
We thought we'd weigh in on this topic. Manhattan Review offers excellent courses both in person and online that many students find to be of great value.

Manhattan Review’s management team members are either MBA or Ph.D. graduates of top business schools. All of our founding team members and instructors have scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT and all graduated from the Ivy League schools and have years of GMAT and/or Business School teaching experience. The founder and the managing director of Manhattan GMAT never went to business school. They have never participated in an MBA program. Ironically, their founder has also never disclosed his own GMAT score while all other firm members’ scores are disclosed on their website. In contrast, our management team members, successful in both academics and professional careers, have first-hand experiences with teaching the GMAT, scoring high on the GMAT, applying for and graduating from a top MBA program. Their invaluable insights help us guide our students to achieve their goals effectively.

We offer GMAT preparation (in-person classes, online classes & private tutoring), consulting services for business school admissions, and executive coaching/career training programs for young business professionals. Our full services differentiate us from many other GMAT providers, which have neither the experiences nor the resources to offer any services other than GMAT classes.

We pride ourselves in the superior quality of teaching, course materials, management and student support services along with our global presence, all of which are unmatchable by other GMAT providers.

To view how we are different from our competitors, please visit
>> https://www.manhattanreview.com/gmat-course-program.html

I have included information on our courses for your review below. See below for included course materials and info about our courses. The link will provide access to course dates in your city. You are welcome to sit in of the first session as a free viewer, simply e-mail us at info@manhattanreview.com.

Our Course Offers: *Most Value-Added GMAT Course Pack*:
1. Most Instruction Hours: Unlimited GMAT Class Access
>>https://www.manhattanreview.com/double-class-hours.html
2. Free Access to 100+ hours of GMAT Online Library
>>https://www.manhattanreview.com/online-library.html
3. Our Better Score Guarantee: Unlimited Class Repeats and Advice
>> https://www.manhattanreview.com/score-guarantee.html
4. US$200 Student Referral
>> https://www.manhattanreview.com/friends-referral.html
5. Student Discount to Private Tutoring & Admissions Help
6. Representative Instructor Bios
>>https://www.manhattanreview.com/instructors-advisors-consultants/

Materials:
1. Proprietary Manhattan Review Turbocharge Your GMAT course books:
A. Math Guides – 2 Books
B. Verbal Guides – 2 Books
C. Vocabulary Lists
2. Five online full-length challenging Computer Adaptive Tests (CATs)
3. Three Official Guide books (Main, Quant, Verbal)
4. Home Study Guide (pdf)
(All Official Guide and Turbocharge Your GMAT question List by Category, Topic and Tested Concepts)
5. Math Supplemental Handout (pdf)
(Rate / Speed / Distance/ Mixture; Ratio; Tables / Graphs; Geometry; Probability; Combinatorics/ Permutation)
6. Unlimited Support via Email, Blog & Forum

Course date and more details at: https://www.manhattanreview.com/test-pre ... urses.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Please see kaplanGMAT /dot/ com for our value proposition. I'd be happy to answer any questions. Good luck with your GMAT preparation and in business school. - Andrew
GMAT Club Bot