Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knewton Refund Guarantee

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Knewton Refund Guarantee [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 09:39
I am writing here because nobody from knewton has gotten back to either of my two emails this past week. I unfortunately did not increase 50pts from using knewtons on-demand course and want to get my money back. The course wasn't terrible but the customer service definitely is, I feel like I am being avoided because I want to exercise the guarantee. Will somebody please help me here or tell me how to get my refund. Thank you.
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Knewton Refund Guarantee [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 05:41
Could somebody from Knewton explain how the refund works, please?

I recently got a 640 on my first GMAT attempt after already having gotten around 700 both in MGMAT and GMAT Prep exams. I will retake on November 29, which is roughly three weeks away. I'm already well into preparations and I'm fairly confident I can get 690+. Will I be eligible for the refund if I fall short of 690 or must there be a certain time period between the Knewton course purchase date and the GMAT appointment?

Thanks in advance.

@Hayek: Has your problem been resolved already?

GMAT 720 Q47 V42 AWA 6.0, TOEFL 110.

Knewton GMAT Representative
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Knewton Refund Guarantee [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 08:51
Hi DMNK,

I'd be happy to explain the refund. Knewton guarantees that your future GMAT score will be at least 50 points higher than your baseline score. For students with a valid official GMAT score, that official score serves as your baseline. If you have multiple official scores, the highest score will be used as your baseline. If you do not have a valid official GMAT score, your Knewton diagnostic CAT score will serve as your baseline. To qualify for the Knewton Money-Back Guarantee, you must complete 6 Knewton GMAT CATs, attend all class sessions, and complete all Core Work before your official GMAT.

So, if you signed up and finished all of that work before the 29th, and ended up scoring below a 690, you would be eligible for the refund. If you don't complete all of the work or score higher than a 690, we wouldn't be able to process a refund for you. We require that students complete the course in order to be eligible for the refund because we can't guarantee you'll do better if you haven't put in the effort to understand all of the concepts and strategies you need to succeed on the exam.

Hope this is helpful, please let me know if anything isn't clear.

Thanks and good luck! Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton Refund Guarantee [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2011, 12:41
Now, with Jessie's reply, it does really seem that Knewton ignores the tread-starter about the refund inquiry.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Knewton Refund Guarantee [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2011, 16:11
Hey Gnotthobiot,

I apologize for not addressing my last post more broadly - I should have included the first poster's name in my reply. I forwarded the initial thread post to a member of our support team, but my answer to Dmnk certainly applies to anyone. We try to make our refund policy as straightforward as possible, though micommunications are sometimes inevitable; we do strive to correct any discrepancies as soon as possible when they come up.

We stand by our fifty point guarantee without fail, as long as the student has completed all of the required work. You can check out our review thread here on GMAT Club - one of the most recent posts is from a student who asked for a refund: knewton-online-course-review-78282-160.html.

If you have any specific questions about the refund, feel free to reach out here or via PM.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team
Re: Knewton Refund Guarantee   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2011, 16:11