Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 20:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 09:43
And then proceed to finish the course after I take the GMAT? The terms and conditions state:

"You must complete six (6) Knewton GMAT CATs, attend all class sessions (either live or on demand), and complete all required core work for each session. Your refund request must be accompanied by an unopened GMAT official score report and must be received by Knewton within sixty (60) days of your test administration. ... If you have multiple test administrations after the start of the Knewton course and before the end of your membership period, the highest official score will be used for money-back guarantee purposes."

http://www.knewton.com/terms-and-conditions/

So what if, hypothetically, I get a 700 on the diagnostic, a 740 on the real thing after completing 2/3 of the course, and then just finish the remaining 1/3 so I can get the money back? Would they give me my money back? Or would they want me to retake it?
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hypothetically, I think it speaks to your character if you use the resources of the course and then try to use a loophole in the verbiage of the "money back guarantee" to get out of paying.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 593 [0], given: 114

Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 11:21
You must complete the course BEFORE taking the GMAT... For more clarification, I would contact Knewton directly. But typically, money back guarantees are VERY strict, and why would they give you your money back if you didn't finish the course? The whole point is that they believe after completing their entire course, you should score 50 points higher.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 14:36
GMATLA wrote:
You must complete the course BEFORE taking the GMAT... For more clarification, I would contact Knewton directly. But typically, money back guarantees are VERY strict, and why would they give you your money back if you didn't finish the course? The whole point is that they believe after completing their entire course, you should score 50 points higher.

Well my valuation for their product is such that I would simply not pay unless I had a very realistic chance of getting the money back guarantee. And if I don't have that opportunity because of my time frame, then I will not buy their product so they have zero chance of making any money off me (and cost for providing the service is essentially zero).
Intern
Intern

Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2012, 14:37
jazzman wrote:
Hypothetically, I think it speaks to your character if you use the resources of the course and then try to use a loophole in the verbiage of the "money back guarantee" to get out of paying.

Yeah maybe that's why I'm going into finance :twisted:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing? [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 09:43
This post received
KUDOS
randombetch wrote:
jazzman wrote:

Yeah maybe that's why I'm going into finance :twisted:

Lol, to get better at fraud?

KUDOS please if my post was useful!

Re: Knewton refund - what if I take the GMAT before finishing?   [#permalink] 26 Jun 2013, 09:43