Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Columbia, NYU, Wharton, UCLA, Berkeley
WE 1: 2 Yrs mgmt consulting
WE 2: 2 yrs m&a
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knewton vs Gmat Pill [#permalink]
meatdumpling wrote:
Doesn't it depend on what you want? :-D

700+?
OR more practice questions?

That's very clever meatdumpling ...

what I want is a high gmat score - 700+
But I am confused about the prep course.

So the simple question is - Knewton or Gmat Pill?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I understand that this is a controversial topic but I would really appreciate some quality responses. I plan to start my gmat prep and need to select 'THE' prep course.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Doesn't give a comparison between knewton and gmat pill :-(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I would recommend Knewton if you were to choose between GMATpill and Knewton. I am not sure of the reviews on GMATPill. There was one Mr. Wong who claimed to have completed Verbal with 40 minutes left and still scored 45 - practically impossible. He also claimed that he used to study GMATpill while watching TV. Disclaimer: I personally dont have much exp. with GMATPill.

I recommend that you also look at eGMAT and Magoosh. They offer some good alternatives.

These two pages provide a fairly good comparison between courses.

https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/knewto ... e/?fl=menu

https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/e-gmat ... upon-code/

You can check Magoosh out here. https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/magoos ... t/?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply kdas..

I agree ...the reviews of gmat pill seem a bit shady .. and although I can see a lot of positive reviews posted about them, none of the members come out and talk openly about gmat pill.

Knewton has mixed reviews and lot of people have actually mentioned it in their debriefs

So Knewton seems to be more reliable
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
kdas wrote:
I would recommend Knewton if you were to choose between GMATpill and Knewton. I am not sure of the reviews on GMATPill. There was one Mr. Wong who claimed to have completed Verbal with 40 minutes left and still scored 45 - practically impossible. He also claimed that he used to study GMATpill while watching TV. Disclaimer: I personally dont have much exp. with GMATPill.

I recommend that you also look at eGMAT and Magoosh. They offer some good alternatives.

These two pages provide a fairly good comparison between courses.

https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/knewto ... e/?fl=menu

https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/e-gmat ... upon-code/

You can check Magoosh out here. https://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/magoos ... t/?fl=menu

Yoohoo! That'd be me you're talking about, I assume.

I did use the GMAT Pill study resources while preparing for my GMAT, and I did indeed study while watching television. Note, however, that I wasn't studying only while watching television - I did also put time into studying the material by itself, with no other distractions. I also did actually manage to finish my Verbal segment with plenty of time left, and scored a 46. The thing to note here would be that my results may not be typical; I grew up speaking English as a first language, and went through a pretty solid education system. If you're a native speaker of a language other than English, you may have more difficulty with the Verbal section. You can still easily do well enough to net a great total score, though; one of the GMAT Pill's former (non-native-speaker) students nudged his score up from 690 to 760 purely by working on his Verbal segment.

Since then, I've joined the GMAT Pill staff, and will be trying my hand at helping out on this forum.

Now, I can't speak as to the effectiveness of Knewton, as I have no first-hand experience with their resources. The GMAT Pill's resources, however, worked out great for me. What's your studying style? Are you already familiar with the basic concepts that the GMAT tests, or do you need to pick everything up again almost from scratch? As I noted in my initial review of the GMAT Pill, different programs seemed to me to cater to different learning styles. MGMAT gives you what appears to be a gigantic question bank, which is fantastic for people who just want to practise, practise, and practise some more. Kaplan's another really established program with great reviews from a whole lot of people, but they were a little too expensive for my taste. The GMAT Pill, on the other hand, was (relatively) cheap and seemed like it would work for me.

If you've got any other questions about the GMAT Pill, feel free to throw 'em at me.
GMAT Club Bot