Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 09:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2011, 15:41
Hi-
Does anyone know of a good GMAT tutor in San Francisco/Bay Area? The prices that Kaplan and Princeton Review, etc are a bit too high for me and they don't let you do less than the package deal. Any private suggestions out there?
Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 19:58
Bump - I am interested in finding Private Tutors in the SF/Bay Area as well. Any reviews would be great.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 16:34
Accepted Prep is a new company in the Bay Area. They charge extremely reasonable rate for GMAT tutoring, $50/hour. Plus, the first hour of tutoring is free if you tutor 10+ hours.

They have a free GMAT event coming up next Thursday, 7-9pm. That would be a good chance to know if you like them to tutor you or not.
Intern
Intern

Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 12:52
I know this reply is a bit late but in case it helps anyone else...

I recently began 1-on-1 tutoring with MyGuru tutors and they're awesome. About the same price for 1-on-1 tutoring as for group tutoring with Kaplan or Manhattan. My tutor has some pretty amazing credentials, as well, given what they charge. If you're looking for solid value, I'd highly recommend them.
Intern
Intern

Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 23:50
I used Josh Jones. He's in SF and he's awesome! I started out with a 620, and after working with him for a month I got to a 730! He's still a little expensive, but definitely way cheaper than all the major companies. I dabbled with a few and I didn't really like the vibe. Josh was really friendly and felt more like working with a neighbor.

Btw to get back to the original post, a big reason why they don't let you do less than the package deal is because they don't want their tutors to steal the students. Companies take a really big cut, but when you work with an independent tutor, they keep all of it, minus their advertising expenses. I preferred to cut out the middle, go straight to the source, ya know?
Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2014, 02:36
Expert's post
Please visit the following link for more information: http://optimus-prep.com/gmat-private-tutoring-online

There are cheaper solutions (like our 60+ hours on demand video course for only $299) however our tutors scored in the 99th percentile of the GMAT and thus belong to the top 1% worldwide!

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 09:46
Hi there, Has anybody received GMAT tutoring from Dakar Azu or Alex Marcus? Can anybody recommend a tutor who has good reviews in SF/Bay Area? Thanks a lot.
Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ?   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2014, 09:46