Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q33 V39
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.54
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi,
My name is Avtar and I live in San Diego. I have been working in the telecom sector for the last few years.Mostly in international business development. I already have a masters in international affairs from Georgetown University; hence I am looking for one year MBA programme. INSEAD, USC come to mind. I have 10 years professinal experience and I need 650( its not too much ask, is it) to get int the above menitoned programmes. Three years ago, I took the GMAT and scored 590. Quantitative stuff is not a problem, but the real pain is the verbal part. I re-take the GMAT in 3 weeks and just started my preparation. Any suggestions which books to buy? I was thinking of taking an intensive Kaplan course worth $1,249. Decided against it and thought that I should use that money and take my wife to Costa Rica and get drunk with her there!

This site is amazing. Loved it and I a came across it on yahoooooooooooooooo.

Avtar
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
I would say that from 590, Kaplan will only do you some good if you can afford it. I know it is a big sacrifice but look at it as an investment. If I had to pick between a course which would change my future and a trip elsewhere, you know what I would pick :lol: Well, that is only me but my 2 cents is that you should go for it. For someone in the high 600s to take a course would perhaps not be worth it as much as someone in the 500s. Remember, your future may depend on it :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Paul:
I am doing nothing but drinking, eating, sleeping both GMAT verbal part and probability. I need to improve on CR and RC. Do you think that the Kaplan course can teach me that? What is the best way to excel at CR and/or RC?

Last time I took the GMAT, I didn;t prepare for the verbal part. Currently, I am doing great in the SC part and need to work on the two above mentioned categories.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
It's been nice to 'meet' those who have decided to post a bit about themselves. :lol: It definitely made me feel more comfortable and real about the people I'm having discussions with.

So here's a bit about myself. My name is Annie and I've been working in Administration & Accounting for the past 4 years in Kiev. I have a BBA in Management. I know for sure that I would like to continue my education (an MBA in the US), but I sill haven't come up with a definite plan.

I have to say that over the past couple of weeks the spirit of this site and of the discussions have given me inspiration to really search & reach out for the goals I want to accomplish. My main fear is not being able to undergo all the rigors of the application process as a whole, not just the GMAT. As far as GMAT goes, I really enjoy Verbal and find it fun and workable, whereas math scares the 'heck' out of me! I guess I'll just have to attack the Math Section with a vengeance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
HELLO GUYS AND GALS,

I a m bit late as usual...but that s my charecterstic feature :-D

I am an INDIAN ... an M.B.A with an year of work-ex frm an INSURANCE cos...left the job cos I felt it was not going to give me what I need...right now in for the GMAT ... seems like slow run but hope to ''catch up'' and get into a really fast mode planning to score ...welll... I guess thatz thr on my ''target'' score below my profile :-D

I intend do another M.B.A ( may surprise most ppl ) but yes ... I belive I have a lot left to ''learn '' and ''grow'' and ''mature'' both as an m.b.a and as a person! I would like to settle for the top-schools reason: well one can test his mettle only by PITTING against the best in the world and I intend to do so ''

my motive is to help and to achieve and most of all make this world a much happier place to live... I will strive my best to get that done!

one of my fav qoutes: weakness is death , strentgh is LIFE

another - the Whole World Makes Way For The MAN who knows where He Is Going !

yes I always belive in having a good fun !

take care ...

Have Fun :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi I am currently working as a business analyst in a marketing department in Miami. I have a BS in Computer Science from India and a MS in Compter Science from Illinois State University. I have developed business applications for the past 6 years.

Like everybody else here I am aiming to get in to the top 10 schools. I am not sure what to specialize in yet. I am aiming for a 750 and I have been preparing for the past 3 weeks. I improved from 600 to 700 proving the hard work has paid off.

My biggest weakness is SC followed not so closely by RC. I look foward to studyng with you guys. Good luck!

Rajiv
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and talk about some of my goals for myself over the next few months!

My name is Joe and I am currently working with a non-profit organization in North Carolina. I graduated from Villanova University in Philadelphia two years ago and now I am ready to start thinking about going back to school again.

I signed up for the GMAT today actually and will be taking it at the end of September. I took my first diagnostic test last weekend and got a 550. I need to get that up to 650 for the schools that I would like to attend. I did fairly well on the math part, except for the DS, but the main problem with that was I had never seen a problem like that before and never seen any strategies for it. I am hoping once I go over that section, I will bump that score right up there.

Verbal is a little different, I did pretty well on the critical reasoning section, but my RC and SC were terrible and I think I just need some refreshers on techniques to get through the questions.

As for now, I am just going to practice, practice, and practice until I get more comfortable with it. I have just about 3 months to prep so I think with some hard work and dedication, I will be fine.

I am looking forward to getting advice and help from all of you and I think this is a great site and a site I am very happy to have found. Thanks and keep on posting!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 744 [0]
Send PM
I am doing this way too late, but its never too late for anything in life.
I joined this forum in march, and have been more of an observer untill I started the last phase of my preparation sometime back.

My name is Ashish (it means "blessing" in my native lang),however, most of my friends call me "ash". It's a short and sweet name !

I am an Indian, but presently in USA (since the last 6months) for a project, that will last for probably 6 months more.

I have "the" exam on 10th july, a week from now, and I thought it better to introduce myself now rather than doing so after the exam.

Paul asked me if I was an accountant ;-) , so that prompted me to introduce myself properly.

I am a web developer in the IT industry, and will have around 3yrs w/e in september.
My goal is to get admission into one of the top 20 schools, for fall 2005 intake.

I'll keep it short, as I got to study :)
thanks
ash.

This forum is great........that's what I'll end my intro with :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

A bit late to see this mail.

my self syam prasad. i have given my nick name and sweet syamee here. i have completed my B.TECH. mechanical engineering from NIT warangal.i am working as a programmer analyst from past 1 year in a comapny .

i want to study in one of top 20 schools. Planning to take GMAT in august. started prep already..but lost in the middle due to some urjent work in the project.now again free for the two months.

Thanks to Preat,bb,Paul,Anand,stolyr,akmai.

syamee

Originally posted by syamee_u on 06 Jul 2004, 03:55.
Last edited by syamee_u on 06 Jul 2004, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

My name is Ahmed. I am a Palestinian but I live and work in Saudi Arabia.

I have a bachelor in Computer science. I have about 11 years of experience in the IT; mainly in application development and managing the IT department, and the last 2 years in the IT project management. Also I am certified as PMP.

I got fed up coding and debugging, so I have decided to move to management or to leave IT for good to general business. I think that a reputable MBA will be a good support.

I applied to Warwick for distance learning MBA, and then I changed my mind. I think that nothing like a full-time MBA from a wellknown school.

My target is 710-750. :oops I hope it’s not mission impossible. :wall (I will do two tries, the first time may be 3-4 months from now)

I subscribed here few months ago but I did not visit GMATclub since that because I was not much thinking of GMAT. But now, GMAT is “to be or not to beâ€
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[quote="Vedeno"]Hi,

My name is Ahmed. I am a Palestinian but I live and work in Saudi Arabia.

I have a bachelor in Computer science. I have about 11 years of experience in the IT; mainly in application development and managing the IT department, and the last 2 years in the IT project management. Also I am certified as PMP.

I got fed up coding and debugging, so I have decided to move to management or to leave IT for good to general business. I think that a reputable MBA will be a good support.

I applied to Warwick for distance learning MBA, and then I changed my mind. I think that nothing like a full-time MBA from a wellknown school.

My target is 710-750. :oops I hope it’s not mission impossible. :wall (I will do two tries, the first time may be 3-4 months from now)

I subscribed here few months ago but I did not visit GMATclub since that because I was not much thinking of GMAT. But now, GMAT is “to be or not to beâ€
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
welcome.

ahmed, a good place to start is the category based forums. we have classified the problems based on difficulty level. Start with the beginner level problems and progress to the intermediate level and eventually to the advanced level. After you have studied the problems, try participating in GMAT Club discussions. practice with an error log, make notes of your mistakes and study those errors everyday. that should be a good start.
oh yes, try to buy the official guide and study every single problem in detail.

hope this helps
praetorian

Praetorian,

Thank you very much for these valuable advises.... I do appreciate your help.

ahmed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi goalstanford,

U really introduced a very good idea to the forum. Well, I m Saurabh Agrawal from India. I have completed my Bachelors in Commerce from India. I am targeting for the Score of "7**" in GMAT.

Quants is not a big prob for me but the verbal is really hard for me.

Best Of Luck :)

Saurabh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Greetings,

I am currently a financial analyst for a consulting firm. My target school is Wharton, but I may also apply to Columbua. My target GMAT score is a balanced 700 (at least 80% Verbal and Quant) because that is what Wharton preaches. Based on my first attempt, 590, I have a lot of work to do! Good luck to everyone going through this dreadful process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
wow WhartonPlease,
what a way to start.You posted your first post in the introduction thread.Pefect start.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your preperation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
First of all, congrats to the team that created this forum. I came to this site from Google and I got addicted to it since. Feels like :panel working with a group.

I am an archtiect by profession, with experience of 8yrs of running my own practice and working with some architects in India and UK.

I am interested in getting my MBA programme completed in a years time and hence my favourite colleges are INSEAD, Said and Judge School. My target GMAT is 680. I would love to get something close to 700 and above but my results on diagonistics are not very thrilling. :cry:

Wishing everybody all the best
:beer

Rachel
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Mary and I am a Peruvian BA in Economics (I am unable to convert my avg score to a GPA equivalent since my school had a weird way of grading -standards were tough and even if grades were on a 20 scale, it was unlikely to have someone score over 16!), top of my graduating class. I have 5,5 yrs of experience as a telecommunications management consultant, mainly in rural telecom projects for the World Bank. I came across the site in Google (too late I think... :( only three days before my first G-day).

As I have posted before, I am a future retaker, even though the schools I am applying to might not ask me for a score much higher than the one I got (650). However, unless I secure a scholarship, there is no way for me to pursue a MBA in any way imaginable... so I have to aim for the 680-7xx range!! I'm on my way to the second GMAT...

PBabyfly
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66