Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 15:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 10:40
hey, my name is Laurent, I'm 24, I'm from Belgium (french/vietnamese native speaker)
I have heard about the forum on a video from youtube but don't remember which one was it...
I ve been preparing for the gmat for a month now, and probably gonna take it on may 25, which means less than 2 month of preparation, hope it will be enough!!!??!!! My target score is 600+
Thank you for this forum I have found so many good materials so far ;)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 2.91

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 May 2012, 01:38
Hey everyone,

This is Sanket. I am a 24-year old bachelor of engineering,specializing in Computer Science. Currently working with one of India's largest conglomerate. Have just started my prep for GMAT with some mocks. Planning to give the GMAT by November or December.

Target Score: 720.

Cheers,
Shakysanky :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
WE: Account Management (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 17:44
Hello all, I'm Joel. A 22 year old from Pittsburgh. I took the GMAT once and got a 620 on 6 weeks preparation. I am now taking 3 months to prepare for my target of 750 (why not dream big?!). This place is so incredibly full of information and I wish I found it before my first GMAT, but this is just another tool in the battle against the GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 21:34
Hello everyone! My name is Jomar. Glad to become part of this forum.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 85

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 10 May 2012, 07:30
Hi everyone.

I am fromt italy and currently have an undergraduate degree in marketing psycology; my gmat would be needed in order to access the graduate program I would like to attend.
The score I should be landing is 700+ in order to receive at least the partial tution waiver in case of admittance (wich would be $ 25,000) ; so I am pretty motivated right now. I am currently scoring in the low 600's (620, 630 most of the times on gmat prep 1, 2, mgmat cats, and kaplan.
That does not sound really that bad but it is beacuse my scores are really unbalanced (q35 and v40 usually).
Big math work to do and a lot of books to read... i am giving myself 6+ months of time this round... so here we go.
Good Luck everybody. :-D

Andy.

"The Burnout" - My Debrief

Kudos if I helped you ;)

Andy

Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 13:20
Hello All,

My name is kundan

I am from Bangalore -India

I am currently working as Desktop engineer in Accenture

I have a work experience of almost 5 years now.

I have Done B.E in I.T (yr2006 passout)

I am going to prepare for GMAT from June 1st 2012.

Hence apart from books i bought for GMAT preparation i thought of joining this very good and interactive forum of GMAT.

I am planning to give my first GMAT later this year in the month of December.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Rawat
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 74

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 21:32
Hi,

I am Saurabh, having work experience of five years in IT. I am an Information Security Auditor.

I started preparing for GMAT in January 2012 but got off track and now giving one more try to it and planning to appear in Dec 2012. Please let me know if you've information of the new format of GMAT. Also, please share what all resources helped you in preparing your exam.

I came to know about this forum from my girlfriend who has already scored 730 and thus I am targeting a score of 730+.. ;)

Thanks.

Saurabh
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 14:02
Hi, i am from Austria and will start with my prep in a few weeks because currently i am completing my Bachelor degree and want to apply for a Master.
Doesnt seem that there are many people from Austria in this forum ;)
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-07-2013
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 06:51
Hello,
I am from Sweden and will apply for a master program in any European top-50 school. Rotterdam, St.Gallen, UK are some alternatives I consider.

My goal: 700

Weakness: Quantitative
Strengths: Verbal
Apart from this my biggest challenge is the psychological journey I'm about to embark on. I consider myself as a high-sensitive person, which means I'm more likely to be psychologically affected by ebbs and downs. For example can a C in school make me depressed for weeks, if my initially goal was A or B. This needs to be dealt with, although I'm highly motivated. I believe, when the day come and I score a reasonable result, The happiness will be without boundaries. This is what I hope will help me keep up with my studies.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 23:02
Hi Guys,

My name is Vaibhav. I joined the club around 2 days ago. I am a Test Lead with a leading software giant with an experience of around 6 years. I know that it is a bit late to wake up and start preparing for the GMAT but I have made up my mind to give the GMAT this year, most prolly by October.

I have gone through in numerous pages in this forum and am confused on which books to buy for the preparation. I am quite poor in Maths, though the verbal and other sections could be my strengths. I was looking at a simple strategy to prepare for the GMAT and get a good score (Around 720)

Your assistance is appreciated.

Regards
Vaibhav
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS 2+2 '18
GMAT Date: 08-11-2012

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 09:07
Hey everyone,

My name's Dimple and I'm a 4th year engineering student in the United States. I'm taking the GMAT in August while I'm still in school. I'm hoping to apply to a few early-MBA programs. If not, I'm looking at working for a few years and then applying to Business Schools. My goal is 700+ but we'll see how far I can get. I've been exploring around this forum for a couple of weeks and I look forward to getting to know people. Thanks for all the amazing resources!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Ross, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 09:40
Hi,

I am Deb. I am in IT with 11 years of work exp. Working for Financial Services company in NYC area.
I am planning to take GMAT in July. I am targeting anything above 700.
I am looking for a career switch after MBA.

Any one in NYC/NJ area want to discuss about GMAT preparation, most welcome.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 12:53
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
Intern
Intern
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 13:11
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 00-91- 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.94

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 04:53
Howdy folks. Already a GMAT and GRE veteran, but planning on giving my GMAT again -- this time for Ph.D. Look forward to hearing my others with regards to their preparation. It is interesting and exciting to see IR section included this time instead of two AWA essays. Makes business sense.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 22:18
Hello All.

Came to the site via google, amazing resource :) Thanks for all the people who are keeping it active.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 20:53
hi,

My name is Mandy. i am the foremost recent member here. i am introducing my internet website bookespana...../flamenco/. I even have been at intervals the on-line selling business for Two years. I been doing and learning concerning SEO for an extended time which i like being Updated with all the foremost recent on-line selling news.

Have a superb day.

bookespana

Mandy
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 13:11
Hi I am Aathirai

I am from San Diego, I have 3 yrs exp from software . I have started my GMAT preperation from june.
If any one starting from scratch we could join and study. I badly want motivation to study.
I am happy to get into this forum, lot of stuffs going on which are really really helpful.
Thanks for all the contributers of this forum really very grateful to you all.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 32

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 19:37
Hello . .my name is David . . and completed my degree in Business studies. and i am new here. .

While Google the GMAT pages, i found this page . . I was preparing GMAT at some institutions here in Nepal, But unfortunately after a week, i'm advised to leave that institutions, as i file a complaint regarding math instructor with Director . . He was not good !! . . Now, I am preparing GMAT myself . . Kinda found some issues like RC, DS, Algebra, Geometry and the AWA logical chain of command very difficult . . I wanna strengthen on this issue . .!! I need some instructors right now to guide me, is online learning the same as class ?? Can u suggest me some names . . .
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2012, 02:54
Hi guys,

Stumbled across this website (along with many others it seems) through googling various GMAT topics.

In a nutshell; I am 21 and just graduated with my Bachelors in Melbourne, Australia and am planning on applying to a US business school in about 4-5 years time. My undergraduate degree was in Business, with majors in Accounting & Finance. I just started work with a big 4 accounting firm in Melbourne, and plan to stay there the entirety of the time until I go to business school.

Have penciled in the GMAT for probably March or April next year, so hopefully that goes to plan.

In terms of desired school, a top-20 is really what I would be hoping for. Columbia is the goal after visiting the campus in December last year - but I'm not sure how realistic this is.

At the moment, it alls seems a very long way away and is almost more of a dream than something I can actually see myself doing. Still, I have decided to give it my best shot and that's all I can do.

I am extremely greatful to have found this forum, just a quick look through it shows the extensive resources available to people in my position.

Good luck all!
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 23 Jun 2012, 02:54