Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 20:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 22:38
Hi every one,

I have my BE in Electronics and communication with work experience of 1.5 years in IT. I have just started to view GMAT and very new to it. I want to study MBA in National University of Singapore.I have my maths skills ok and verbal is weak. AW and IR is new to me .Just wanna say hi to all and get shared the knowledge with everybody.Got to know the gmat club through the google site and hope it will guide me to reach the goal.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 23:36
Hello all,

It's been a couple of days since we joined gmatclub and we are really excited to contribute to this forum. Not only will we answer queries regarding our products and specific questions from our books, but we also look forward to answering your other questions related to preparation, strategy, retake etc. We'd also be releasing a few new books and free resources in the coming months and may have some exclusive discounts coming up for gmatclub members only. Stay tuned and do follow us for the updates.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2012, 05:17
Hi guy, I'm from Viet Nam and study Gmat for nearly 1 month.It's helpful to be member here so many advice and useful tips. Thank admin and other experts that build up this forum. Hope you guuy get your desire score in Gmat. Strive for success later. Dear.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:38
Hello to all,

Joined the forum today but was looking at the posts for a while now. Thank you all for great information and content.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
Schools: Kellogg PT '17
GMAT Date: 02-02-2013
GPA: 3.55

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 7

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 10:42
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

My name is Loryn and i've been lurking the site for a few weeks now after a disappointing first attempt (450). I know I can do better than this...I have horrible testing anxiety which played a large factor in my score and I ran out of time in 2 sections as well. I also grew up with a comprehension problem that I have fought with for my whole life. I've decided that studying alone is just too overwhelming for me and I now have tutor who scored a 710 and she also has gone through the same type of testing anxiety I have, which is really helpful because she always has great techniques and tricks she teachs me to help deal with the anxiety i get from the GMAT. My biggest problem is that I see a question, see all the words and freak out...My tutor is working with me now to help me see the problem in it's simplest terms and recognize exactly what I need to do.

I'm trying to get into a part-time program at Northwestern. I'm currenlty just aiming to hit 650, as the average of this years class was a 695 (but maybe I should aim a little higher?? Suggestions??). The GPA average from the current years class is a 3.4 and I currenlty hold an overall GPA of 3.55, my last two years of college, I decided I wanted to go further with my education and got a little more serious, in those last two years I was able to achieve a 3.75 GPA. I also work in the Public Safety Industry, because I really enjoy working with the general public and being able to help others. I find it very rewarding. I am hoping that all of these things will help get me into Northwestern's part time program.

I spend a lot of time studying, 2 hours a night every M-T, and an average of 4 hours each day/night on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I meet with my tutor twice a week for 2 hours each session as well. Hoping that this help me hit that 650 or higher on my next attempt which is shy of just 2 months away!

HERE I GO!!!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [2] , given: 48

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 23:20
This post received
KUDOS
Hello One and All,

Myself, Mudit. Electronics Engineer graduate, Indian IT applicant with a passion to change this notion. :twisted:
Hope to crack the test and take on the world!!

With just 6-7 weeks left for the final frontier, time to pull up.

Continue Clubbing and wish you all the very best in your endeavors!
:gl

Rgds,
Mudit
------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Take risks and conquer your fears!'

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 27 [2] , given: 16

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 04:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hey All,

Arnima here, looking to gain/share some insights on the entire process of B-school admission process!
Good luck to all!

Thanks,
AV
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 08:25
Hi all

Just started looking at the possibility of an MBA and found this enormously helpful resource!

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 07:47
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website some time ago while researching the GMAT. I have been absorbing all the material here for a while now and finally decided to join. I am an undergraduate and heard that the best time to take the GMAT is while I am still in school and study mode.
Just like nearly everyone else on this site, I am aiming for a 700+ score.

Best

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 02:52
hi Everyone,

My name is Vinay. I am C.A. , C.S. , CWA and working with an Indian Navratna PSU.
I come to know about GMAT club through Google and now GMAT club and FB are the two pages that i visit thousands of time in a day.

The questions posted by members & detailed discussion is a great help for me to achieve my target of Wharton.

Regards
Vinay
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.84
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 03:40
Hey guys,

Non-native English speaker here
BA, double-major 2010 - Intl. Business and Management & French @ a liberal arts college, 3.84 GPA overall, Phi Beta Kappa
Career-wise, mixture of Intl. Relations and Sales & Research

Aiming for anything 700+ on the GMAT - Scheduled to take it mid Jan 2013, aiming for application Fall 2013 for admission in 2014

Thanks for this great online resource and tool! Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 06:30
Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 years old spanish male thinking about applying for an MBA in April. I'm living in the UK now and would like to do the MBA here or in the US. I'm taking My IELTS test in december and will take the GMAT before April.

I'm not going to start studying already but I want to start preparing and geting as much information as I can, not only for the GMAT test, also for choosing the right MBA for me.

This forum looks very helpful and interesting for people who are preparing their MBA application. I feel a bit lost in these MBA world and would really appreciate your help in future questions or doubts. I cant help much for the moment I'm afraid, because I feel a little bit like an Octopus in the desert. But I'll try to help other people in the future, as soon as I know a little bit more about all these.

Thank you very much and good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V34

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 19:42
IT engineer with 6 years exp from India.

Looking for a part time MBA opportunity in the USA.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Account Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 11:04
Hello,
I have been browsing the site and intensely studying for the past 3 weeks. I just registered for the GMAT (10 mins ago). D-Day is on December 7th. My background is in Finance. I am a good self-studier and I feel like I have a good system in place already. I passed all 3 levels of the CFA exam on the first attempt. I received confirmation that I passed Level III in August and I have become stir-crazy without having something to study. I am shooting for a top-15 school. 3.4 GPA undergrad. Division 1 athlete. Fraternity president. I finished the Kaplan: Strategies, Practice and Review Book already. I will finish Kaplan's GMAT 800 tonight and then start working on the Official Guide. I take my first CAT tomorrow. Best of luck!
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 27 [2] , given: 19

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 14:19
This post received
KUDOS
Ciao!

I'm taking the GMAT for the first time next Tuesday (11/21/12). It'll be the first standardized test I've taken since I was 18 (oh, my salad days!) and I've been spending almost all of my non-work time studying, thinking about studying, procrastinating on studying, and on a few occasions, dreaming about studying.

I'm a 25-year-old Asian American gal, tragically math-dumb relative to the rest of my people. This explains why I'm in finance, because everyone knows the smart Asians become doctors or engineers. 3.4 GPA, Top-5 LAC, Economics & Psychology double major with an unofficial degree in Charming Bullshit. Women's leadership advocate, poet, and avid alumna. I love what I do (buy-side equity research) and would consider an MBA in the next few years to get me to my goal of one day running my own investment management firm.

Making good progress on my goal of 700+, see you all on the flip side.

-L.

-Onward, tomorrow.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 22:27
Hi All......this is Shaibayan........B.Tech in Electrical Engineering and currently working with Infosys since Feb 2011....joined gmatclub and already I have started preparation with the Basic topics available in the forums......this forum is of great help I believe for all gmat takers... :-D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 510 Q36 V25
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 105

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 19:12
Ajay , 22 , B.Tech in Biotechnology - currently working in the IT :| Will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for 2014 Fall , looking forward to do an MBA in Retail Management. My Achilles heel is Quants - totally dread it.Verbal is my strength. I ve been following this forum for quite some time now and its great to meet ppl with such diverse profiles :) Im sure i ll get the right guidance here . Cheers
Target score - 680+ , G-day - March 12th

Give up, Give in or GIVE IT EVERYTHING !
Im here for the latter ! \m/
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 09:26
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 09:26
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 23:39
Hi everybody :)

I'm Thomas from France. I'm a student in dauphine parisian university in my third and, thus final, year of bachelor ("licence"). I have to apply for master programs next year. There is one which is highly selective and I need to join a GMAT and a TOEFL test to my application. The deadline is in May but I haven't set a exact date for when I will take the GMAT but I'm thinking about february. I'm first gonna try to follow a one month study plan and I will decide wether or not I need more time at the end of the month.

I took a first GMATprep test yesterday and I got 580, 40 in quantitative and 29 in verbal. My goal is 700+. What do you think about it ?

I read that people usually manage to improve by 100-150. The quantitative part seems easy to improve. I've started to read "crack the GMAT" and I've already learnt a lot of tips which would probably help me a lot in improving my score. However the verbal part seems really tough to me. Indeed, english is not my mother tongue. I almost used guessing for every sentence correction question. :lol: But again, I haven't read any strategies or tips before taking that first GMAT test.

See you on the forum.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2012, 23:39