Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Booth '15
GMAT Date: 04-08-2013
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hey Guys ,
I am 31y old ,with a Ms in Electrical Engineering working for a top consumer electronics company. Just came out of dull phase in life and contemplating about getting an MBA .Planning to take GMAT early April. Started out preparing quants as per BB's recommendation , so far seems to be OK. Little preoccupied with the thought that I might be little old for an MBA, but going to give it a shot anyways. Quant's preparation seems to be ok so far but combinatorics/probability seems to be throwing me off guard . I wish good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear All,
I've a Bsc in Management and Computer studies, and HND in Civil Engineering from Ghana. I work with an Insurance Broking Firm as the Assistant IT Manager. I took my first GMAT test in October last year but did not get a competitive score, so I'll be retaking the test next week 25th of this month ,my target score is 700+. I've already started my application process with one of the top business schools in Utah in the US, to pursue masters degree in management information systems with special focus in IT risk management and cyber security. This site has been of great help to me, especially all the debriefing from members who had scored excellently on the GMAT and the tips they recommend. I wish all of us the best and please let's us all be focus and never give up...but the key is practice, practice and practice.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi G-clubbies,

I am Chakri from India. I have 2.7 years of work experience in the field of IT ( still counting) and seeking a solid GMAT score. I took my first GMAT on August - 2012 and the score was a nightmare :-( So this time planning to achieve my goal of pursuing in my dream university in US.

Hope this forum will be a shoulder to me whenever needed.
So need your atmost advises to pursue my masters.

Thank you all in advance. :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
can someone interpret these practise test scores:
GMAT scores
Kaplan 1: 740
Veritas: 640
Manhattan 1: 690
Princeton 1: 710
Official 1: 720
Kaplan 2: 760
Manhattan 2: 710
Princeton 2: 700
Kaplan 3: 740
Manhattan 3: 680
Manhattan 4: 680
Kaplan 4: 760
Manhattan 5: 720
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm Blair from Washington, DC. I attended a top 10 liberal arts college where I earned a 3.4 GPA. I could have done better, but some socializing took priority over studying. It is what it is. For the past 2.5 years, I've been with a big consulting firm here in DC, primarily working on defense contracts.

I only just dove into the world of GMAT about a week ago so we'll see how things go, but I am aiming to score 730-750. I don't plan on applying to B-school until 2015/6, but figured I'd try and knock the GMAT out of the way in advance. Hope to take the test mid-May, before Memorial Day bbqs, nice weather, and rooftop happy hour season kicks into full force.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Viv here from Singapore. Been working for almost 8 years now and frankly,just want to have a break and go back to studies! I found my brain cells to be rusty and needed a way to fire them up, so I have no doubts that GMAT would do exactly that :wink: . So why MBA? Well I want to move to business :preferably in Sales/Trading of commodities.I wish to do the MBA from one of the top 20 schools by fall 2014( target GMAT score 700+) and also drive a Maserati in future :P ( with or without the help of my career post MBA)

Plan to take up the GMAT in April 2013. Wishing everyone else here in the forum the very best !

Cheers,
Viv
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I just took an official GMAT test last month and am now kicking it into high gear in anticipation for Fall 2014 admissions. Joined this forum finally as I feel it is about time I can finally try to go for an MBA after years of looking from the outside in.

The reason I want an MBA is because I want the opportunity to get into consulting. I did not go to a top tier undergrad and feel this is my chance to redo some of the mistakes (ie. didn't do so well in high school). This will give me the opportunity to be invited to interviews as unfortunately, I have only made it to Round 2 of McKinsey and BCG and Bain didn't even give me an opportunity to interview.

Some background:
Northeastern University: 3.74/4
Unofficial GMAT score (waiting for official scores): 690
Work Experience: 2 years

Interested schools:
CEIBS
INSEAD (reach)
HBS (bigger reach?)
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome yialanliu

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
Cyrus here. As an imaging scientist, I have been working for 6+ years in the imaging industry. I want to become a techie entrepreneur and meet more persons with the same dream. A full time or Part-time MBA program would help me realize my dream.
Target score: 7++
Good luck to everyone.
Thanks. See you on the forum.
I come here through a Chinese MBA forum: chasedream
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Hello everyone!

Not sure if I've introduced myself on here, but I joined a couple of months ago. I had a study plan and tentative test date picked out, but due to the Holidays and other crazy work events, I had to delay my GMAT prep. I'm now back in the full swing of things! Here's my background

College: United States Air Force Academy, Class of 2011- B.S. in Behavioral Science-Leadership/Organizations
Work Experience: 1 year working in the Air Force Academy's Admissions office as an admissions advisor, diversity recruiter and mentor to diverse candidates. I'm currently an acquisitions program manager for the Air Force, acquiring new weapon systems for the DoD.
Target GMAT Score: Anything about 700 is fine with me.
Current Study Method: Reviewing Manhattan GMAT's Strategy Guides on my own.
Potential Test Date: March/April 2013

Looking forward to hearing from all of you on the board!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 05-15-2013
Send PM
Hi all!

I am Stefani, from Toronto..well Mississauga just outside of Toronto - Canada.

I am studying for my GMAT test, going to take it May 2013. Kind of nervous. Have 3 books, and looking to enroll for the March 7 course with Quantum Test Prep.

What is a B-school??? lol...

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 06-22-2013
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

Alex here from Michigan. Have been working for two years in the construction industry post engineering studies. Looking to get into finance, maybe supply chain. Started studying with the MGMAT series a few weeks ago and hopefully the rest is history. Planned test date in May!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
So happy to find this community. Planning to apply this fall to bschool. Looking for at least a 700 score. Gonna start the studying tonight and begin to map everything out. Want to apply to Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Stanford, and Haas most likely. Ready to do this and ready for this challenge. Let's go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, I'm Audrey I've been fallowing gmatclub for 3 years now, I start to have a big collection of GMAT books lol.
Don't really know where to start...
So I have been professional in sport, work in sport management, I also had my own company for almost 3 years I worked with 2 chineses companies. During my studies I gave free sport classes 3 times a week during 3 years to disavantaged children... I have more than 6 years of work experience and wanted to apply for next fall.
Because of long illness I wasn't able to work and study, now it's done, and I'm really motivated.
I'm not native, I'm French, I will say my reading and understanding are really good but need a big brush up on grammar and math, for now I'm week in both area.... It seem I will have to work a lot
Intern
Intern
Status:"Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway." - Quite a status, Huh!
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

This is Saikat from India, and as most of the MBA aspirants of the country I am also an engineer :roll: .I am currently working as a Consultant in one of the Big 4's and will have 3 years of work-ex by July '13.

I have just started my preparations for GMAT. I would be taking GMAT in July 2013 and will be applying for the class of 2016/2015 depending on the duration of the course I finally choose to take. I am focusing primarily at ISB unless I get a tuition waiver in any of the US/UK bschools.

I am kinda new to this forum, but I believe the community here is pretty vibrant and am looking forward to spend some enriching time here.

Thanks,
Saikat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,

Erik here from the United States. I am 25 years old and have been working for 4 years. I was a banker turned commercial credit analyst with Wells Fargo for 3 years and am currently 8 months in at a state government position, doing auditing/consulting work for credit unions. I have always dreamed of having an MBA and figured now is a great time to start. I will be studying for the GMAT with Manhattan GMAT guides, Kaplan Premiere, and OG13. I am shooting for 670+ but have that magical 700 'in sights'. I'm hoping to learn multiple things from this forum and look forward to the journey with you all!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT Date: 06-26-2013
GRE 1: Q780 V650
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi All,

My name is Nilaksh Gupta and I am currently enrolled in a P.hD program (Cellular and Molecular medicine) at Cleveland clinic foundation, Cleveland, OH (United states). I will be graduating soon (fingers crossed) but I am at a crossroads, figuring out which way to go afterwards...... I shall leave the story part about why MBA and why now and come to the point, I took diagnostic CAT at Manhattan GMAT (free test) just to set a baseline, and [b]I got 540 (don't remember the exact split but was pretty bad at both). I am enrolled in Kaplan's online class room and my classes will start from may-2013 till June. I am aiming to take test somewhere in July. The real trouble is I am shooting for 700+ and like any other GMAT aspirant I am disappointed (destroyed would be a strong word). So, I am here seeking advise and frank opinions to bridge that GAP. ohhhh I more thing I took GRE 5 yrs back and I scored 1430/1600 (780 quant and 650 verbal)........ but I studied for 2 months full time now I can may b put 20-25 hrs/week, so lemme know if 700+ is achievable in 3 months with 20-25 hrs/week.

thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  66