Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2015, 16:35
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2012, 17:32
Today, I consider myself part of the GMAT club. I took a couple of practice tests with varying results. I got a 580 and 590. Did better on the math first time, and then better on the verbal the second time around. I really struggled with the new part: Integrated Reasoning.

I have made a plan:
1. I will study in 45min to 1 hr blocks of time, twice on MWF, once-TTh, 3 times SatSun.

2. I will study in places with little distractions like the library and bring my MGMAT book with me to work to study on breaks.

3. I will focus mostly on the math for the first month, but study verbal to change it up. going into second month I will focus more on the verbal. later into the 2nd month I will focus Integrated reasoning as is suppose to incorporate both areas.

4. Lastly, I will find study buddies and try my best to strike a balance between individual studying to stay focused and group-studying to stay motivated and to keep things interesting.

Please feel free to leave any comments, questions, or suggestions
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2012, 20:07
Hi,
I am kanthi and a dentist who aspired to do MBA from a long time. I learned about blog this through friends and is quite interesting to know about everyone's interests and determination towards achieving their goals. I feel very encouraged and motivated to give my best in my test. I really want to ace in my test as well as know more about MBA as I am from different background. Knowing my background am weak in math having no clue howtones repairs and need guidance for math as am taking my test soon. If anybody could give some suggestions regarding how to approach math would be helpful. Also am interested to know what everyone is looking forward in a MBA program. I am excited to join the club which is enriching along with fun. Nice meeting you all.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2012, 06:51
Hi

My name is Vishwa. I am a chemical engineer and have more than 3 years of work experience. Like all of you, I'm preparing for GMAT. This site is nicely laid out and there are a lot of useful resources. Although I don't have a fixed time limit for preparation, I intend to give the GMAT by the end of November-2012. I have been checking out this site for a couple of weeks now and sometimes I get overwhelmed about the amount of information available here. I'd be glad if someone can suggest how to use this site optimally.

Thanks

Vishwa

Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2012, 07:40
Hi,
I am Veera,working in IT in India for the past 6 years.I got GMATClub thru Google. I want to make a career shift, aiming for 750+. My plan is to appear for GMAT in 2013.

GMATclub is quite resourceful. Need all your guidance.

Thanks... :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 09:36
Greetings,

I am stacey brown. Currently residing in New York but I originally came from Arizona. I live in my uncle's house and looking for a work that would field in my interest like in interior designing. I live life to the fullest. I am a self-confessed agoraphobic and hate a person who hides himself.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 22:38
Hi every one,

I have my BE in Electronics and communication with work experience of 1.5 years in IT. I have just started to view GMAT and very new to it. I want to study MBA in National University of Singapore.I have my maths skills ok and verbal is weak. AW and IR is new to me .Just wanna say hi to all and get shared the knowledge with everybody.Got to know the gmat club through the google site and hope it will guide me to reach the goal.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 23:36
Hello all,

It's been a couple of days since we joined gmatclub and we are really excited to contribute to this forum. Not only will we answer queries regarding our products and specific questions from our books, but we also look forward to answering your other questions related to preparation, strategy, retake etc. We'd also be releasing a few new books and free resources in the coming months and may have some exclusive discounts coming up for gmatclub members only. Stay tuned and do follow us for the updates.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2012, 05:17
Hi guy, I'm from Viet Nam and study Gmat for nearly 1 month.It's helpful to be member here so many advice and useful tips. Thank admin and other experts that build up this forum. Hope you guuy get your desire score in Gmat. Strive for success later. Dear.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:38
Hello to all,

Joined the forum today but was looking at the posts for a while now. Thank you all for great information and content.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 103

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 08:25
Hi all

Just started looking at the possibility of an MBA and found this enormously helpful resource!

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 07:47
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website some time ago while researching the GMAT. I have been absorbing all the material here for a while now and finally decided to join. I am an undergraduate and heard that the best time to take the GMAT is while I am still in school and study mode.
Just like nearly everyone else on this site, I am aiming for a 700+ score.

Best

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 02:52
hi Everyone,

My name is Vinay. I am C.A. , C.S. , CWA and working with an Indian Navratna PSU.
I come to know about GMAT club through Google and now GMAT club and FB are the two pages that i visit thousands of time in a day.

The questions posted by members & detailed discussion is a great help for me to achieve my target of Wharton.

Regards
Vinay
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.84
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 03:40
Hey guys,

Non-native English speaker here
BA, double-major 2010 - Intl. Business and Management & French @ a liberal arts college, 3.84 GPA overall, Phi Beta Kappa
Career-wise, mixture of Intl. Relations and Sales & Research

Aiming for anything 700+ on the GMAT - Scheduled to take it mid Jan 2013, aiming for application Fall 2013 for admission in 2014

Thanks for this great online resource and tool! Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 06:30
Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 years old spanish male thinking about applying for an MBA in April. I'm living in the UK now and would like to do the MBA here or in the US. I'm taking My IELTS test in december and will take the GMAT before April.

I'm not going to start studying already but I want to start preparing and geting as much information as I can, not only for the GMAT test, also for choosing the right MBA for me.

This forum looks very helpful and interesting for people who are preparing their MBA application. I feel a bit lost in these MBA world and would really appreciate your help in future questions or doubts. I cant help much for the moment I'm afraid, because I feel a little bit like an Octopus in the desert. But I'll try to help other people in the future, as soon as I know a little bit more about all these.

Thank you very much and good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V34

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 19:42
IT engineer with 6 years exp from India.

Looking for a part time MBA opportunity in the USA.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Account Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 11:04
Hello,
I have been browsing the site and intensely studying for the past 3 weeks. I just registered for the GMAT (10 mins ago). D-Day is on December 7th. My background is in Finance. I am a good self-studier and I feel like I have a good system in place already. I passed all 3 levels of the CFA exam on the first attempt. I received confirmation that I passed Level III in August and I have become stir-crazy without having something to study. I am shooting for a top-15 school. 3.4 GPA undergrad. Division 1 athlete. Fraternity president. I finished the Kaplan: Strategies, Practice and Review Book already. I will finish Kaplan's GMAT 800 tonight and then start working on the Official Guide. I take my first CAT tomorrow. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 22:27
Hi All......this is Shaibayan........B.Tech in Electrical Engineering and currently working with Infosys since Feb 2011....joined gmatclub and already I have started preparation with the Basic topics available in the forums......this forum is of great help I believe for all gmat takers... :-D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 510 Q36 V25
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 105

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 19:12
Ajay , 22 , B.Tech in Biotechnology - currently working in the IT :| Will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for 2014 Fall , looking forward to do an MBA in Retail Management. My Achilles heel is Quants - totally dread it.Verbal is my strength. I ve been following this forum for quite some time now and its great to meet ppl with such diverse profiles :) Im sure i ll get the right guidance here . Cheers
Target score - 680+ , G-day - March 12th

Give up, Give in or GIVE IT EVERYTHING !
Im here for the latter ! \m/
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 09:26
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 09:26
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2012, 09:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  65    Next  [ 1299 posts ]