Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 20:31
Hi everyone,

Viv here from Singapore. Been working for almost 8 years now and frankly,just want to have a break and go back to studies! I found my brain cells to be rusty and needed a way to fire them up, so I have no doubts that GMAT would do exactly that :wink: . So why MBA? Well I want to move to business :preferably in Sales/Trading of commodities.I wish to do the MBA from one of the top 20 schools by fall 2014( target GMAT score 700+) and also drive a Maserati in future :P ( with or without the help of my career post MBA)

Plan to take up the GMAT in April 2013. Wishing everyone else here in the forum the very best !

Cheers,
Viv
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 17:24
Hi everyone!

I just took an official GMAT test last month and am now kicking it into high gear in anticipation for Fall 2014 admissions. Joined this forum finally as I feel it is about time I can finally try to go for an MBA after years of looking from the outside in.

The reason I want an MBA is because I want the opportunity to get into consulting. I did not go to a top tier undergrad and feel this is my chance to redo some of the mistakes (ie. didn't do so well in high school). This will give me the opportunity to be invited to interviews as unfortunately, I have only made it to Round 2 of McKinsey and BCG and Bain didn't even give me an opportunity to interview.

Some background:
Northeastern University: 3.74/4
Unofficial GMAT score (waiting for official scores): 690
Work Experience: 2 years

Interested schools:
CEIBS
INSEAD (reach)
HBS (bigger reach?)
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 617

Kudos [?]: 2432 [0], given: 744

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 08:47
Expert's post
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 18:47
Hi Everyone,
Cyrus here. As an imaging scientist, I have been working for 6+ years in the imaging industry. I want to become a techie entrepreneur and meet more persons with the same dream. A full time or Part-time MBA program would help me realize my dream.
Target score: 7++
Good luck to everyone.
Thanks. See you on the forum.
I come here through a Chinese MBA forum: chasedream
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Organizational Behavior

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 10:56
Hello everyone!

Not sure if I've introduced myself on here, but I joined a couple of months ago. I had a study plan and tentative test date picked out, but due to the Holidays and other crazy work events, I had to delay my GMAT prep. I'm now back in the full swing of things! Here's my background

College: United States Air Force Academy, Class of 2011- B.S. in Behavioral Science-Leadership/Organizations
Work Experience: 1 year working in the Air Force Academy's Admissions office as an admissions advisor, diversity recruiter and mentor to diverse candidates. I'm currently an acquisitions program manager for the Air Force, acquiring new weapon systems for the DoD.
Target GMAT Score: Anything about 700 is fine with me.
Current Study Method: Reviewing Manhattan GMAT's Strategy Guides on my own.
Potential Test Date: March/April 2013

Looking forward to hearing from all of you on the board!
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-15-2013

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 09:21
Hi all!

I am Stefani, from Toronto..well Mississauga just outside of Toronto - Canada.

I am studying for my GMAT test, going to take it May 2013. Kind of nervous. Have 3 books, and looking to enroll for the March 7 course with Quantum Test Prep.

What is a B-school??? lol...

Thanks!

Stefani Blazevic
Mississauga/Toronto
Planning on attending Laurier University Fall 2013 for my MBA with Co-Op
^If you are from the Toronto area, feel free to reach out to me!^

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 06-22-2013
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:43
Hello Everyone!

Alex here from Michigan. Have been working for two years in the construction industry post engineering studies. Looking to get into finance, maybe supply chain. Started studying with the MGMAT series a few weeks ago and hopefully the rest is history. Planned test date in May!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 10:40
So happy to find this community. Planning to apply this fall to bschool. Looking for at least a 700 score. Gonna start the studying tonight and begin to map everything out. Want to apply to Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Stanford, and Haas most likely. Ready to do this and ready for this challenge. Let's go!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 07:51
Hi everyone, I'm Audrey I've been fallowing gmatclub for 3 years now, I start to have a big collection of GMAT books lol.
Don't really know where to start...
So I have been professional in sport, work in sport management, I also had my own company for almost 3 years I worked with 2 chineses companies. During my studies I gave free sport classes 3 times a week during 3 years to disavantaged children... I have more than 6 years of work experience and wanted to apply for next fall.
Because of long illness I wasn't able to work and study, now it's done, and I'm really motivated.
I'm not native, I'm French, I will say my reading and understanding are really good but need a big brush up on grammar and math, for now I'm week in both area.... It seem I will have to work a lot
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Status: "Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway." - Quite a status, Huh!
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 21:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,

This is Saikat from India, and as most of the MBA aspirants of the country I am also an engineer :roll: .I am currently working as a Consultant in one of the Big 4's and will have 3 years of work-ex by July '13.

I have just started my preparations for GMAT. I would be taking GMAT in July 2013 and will be applying for the class of 2016/2015 depending on the duration of the course I finally choose to take. I am focusing primarily at ISB unless I get a tuition waiver in any of the US/UK bschools.

I am kinda new to this forum, but I believe the community here is pretty vibrant and am looking forward to spend some enriching time here.

Thanks,
Saikat.

Life is too short not to be an MBA...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:47
Hello all,

Erik here from the United States. I am 25 years old and have been working for 4 years. I was a banker turned commercial credit analyst with Wells Fargo for 3 years and am currently 8 months in at a state government position, doing auditing/consulting work for credit unions. I have always dreamed of having an MBA and figured now is a great time to start. I will be studying for the GMAT with Manhattan GMAT guides, Kaplan Premiere, and OG13. I am shooting for 670+ but have that magical 700 'in sights'. I'm hoping to learn multiple things from this forum and look forward to the journey with you all!
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 06-26-2013
GRE 1: 1430 Q780 V650
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 18

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 12:53
Hi All,

My name is Nilaksh Gupta and I am currently enrolled in a P.hD program (Cellular and Molecular medicine) at Cleveland clinic foundation, Cleveland, OH (United states). I will be graduating soon (fingers crossed) but I am at a crossroads, figuring out which way to go afterwards...... I shall leave the story part about why MBA and why now and come to the point, I took diagnostic CAT at Manhattan GMAT (free test) just to set a baseline, and [b]I got 540 (don't remember the exact split but was pretty bad at both). I am enrolled in Kaplan's online class room and my classes will start from may-2013 till June. I am aiming to take test somewhere in July. The real trouble is I am shooting for 700+ and like any other GMAT aspirant I am disappointed (destroyed would be a strong word). So, I am here seeking advise and frank opinions to bridge that GAP. ohhhh I more thing I took GRE 5 yrs back and I scored 1430/1600 (780 quant and 650 verbal)........ but I studied for 2 months full time now I can may b put 20-25 hrs/week, so lemme know if 700+ is achievable in 3 months with 20-25 hrs/week.

thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 14:44
G'day all,

Jeremy here. Just starting out on my GMAT journey, have been researching it for a while but have now decided to take the plunge and going for it.

Been working in roads/airfields construction around Australia for the last couple of years since graduating (engineering) and looking at applying for courses commencing 2014, taking the test in the next 4-6 months.

If you're keen for a study partner, PM me and we can organise it from there :-D

Anticipated,
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 06-29-2013
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 18:04
Greetings!

What an awesome forum! Just started prepping for the GMAT and so far this community seems great for support and guidance through this whole process! Anyways, I'm Nayana and I'm sort of at a crossroads in my career, so MBA is definitely an option that I am considering as a next step. I haven't decided if I'll be applying for Fall '14 or Fall '15 entry, but thought I'd at least get my GMAT out of the way this summer :-D Here's the scoop on moi:

Undergrad: Non-HYP Ivy, Class of 2009, BS Bioengineering, GPA less than stellar but I was 2 yrs younger than my class and had significant growing up to do...(read: I need to own the GMAT).
Work Experience: It will be 4 years at a Fortune 50 FMCG company this summer (5 or 6 yrs by possible MBA matriculation dates), 2 of those in manufacturing/operations management and 2 in R&D global product design (current role), blended role with a lot of cross-functional work with marketing teams.
Target GMAT Score: 720+. Took my first Manhattan Practice CAT as a diagnostic and got a 640 (43Q, 34V) with no prep, so hoping to improve my score about 100 points in 3 months of studying (I dream big dreams... For better or for worse)
Current Study Method: MGMAT self-study guides, Official Guide, and wonderful help of my husband who was Darden c/o 2011 and got a 780 (yea, talk about pressure..)
Potential Test Date: June 2013
Potential schools: I need to do some research, but interested in Duke, Darden, Kellogg, Georgetown, Wharton, MIT, Smith, UNC, etc

Hoping to be a decent contributor and looking forward to learning a lot from this forum!

-N
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 17:29
Hi everyone!

This forums is really great, I am very glad to come across it :D

I am 26 and going through a sort of quarter-life crisis worrying about my career, sometimes I think so hard that I always get pulled towards the whole existential crisis thing (I should stop reading philosophy :P)

But now I realized that I have to stop thinking and start acting, and working on my GMAT would be the fist step in the direction. I just gave my diagnostic test yesterday and I am looking for a solid 3 months preparation (If I am lucky enough that my work does not get too hectic). I am still in the process of reading various intro topics in this forum to create a study plan; really confused about so many study material options :|

About myself: I am working as a Senior Developer in a major software MNC. I absolutely love everything about computers, they are the only thing I understand and I am good with them :) So my primary purpose of MBA is to move in to Product Management and related fields in Software industry.

Looking forward to spending lots of time here !!
- Gnoob.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 11:06
Hi,

Just a brief hello. I'm beginning my GMAT prep and was fortunate enough to find this board. It is a little overwhelming so I'm just taking my time looking at all of the great topics.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 13:00
Consultant working in the UK here, looking for the next step in my career (which tentatively seems to be the US). Not sure if B-school is the right choice but having a really good GMAT score opens up more options than just b-school so taking on the challenge! Looking forward to interacting more with you guys!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT Date: 07-13-2013
GPA: 3.83
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 18

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 15:23
Hello everyone,

My name is Courtney. I currently work in Colombia, South America. I'm originally from Louisville, Kentucky, went to college in D.C. and worked 1 year in corporate in Louisville before moving to South America to work as an international business consultant to the Governor of the Department of Choco. Will have 2 years in this position at matriculation. Internships with the Foreign Service in South Africa and Mozambique.
Undergrad: Howard University, BBA International Business, 3.83 GPA.
Work Experience: 1 year in Corporate at a Fortune 500 company working as Associate Manager of Sales Promotion on the executive marketing team for the #1 whiskey in the world. I have been working in Development--my true calling-for 1 year currently. At matriculation it will be 2 years.
Target GMAT Score: 700+. Im still deep into my study plan, but I plan to take the GMAT June 15th while Im in Kentucky visiting my parents. If Im not ready then I'll have to fly to a bigger city in Colombia to take it here, probably in July.
Potential Test Date: June 2013
Potential schools: So far: UPenn/Lauder, Boston U MBA/MA Economics Joint Degree, NYU, Columbia, John Hopkins SAIS joint degree MBA, still researching, maybe Stanford.

I'm really excited to start the application process in the fall and Im glad to be apart of GMATCLUB!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 04:53
Hi all
Im the polar opposite of 99.9% of you all.

Im 47 originally from Australia and now live in the US

Im a stay at home dad looking after 2 small kids and doing my BSc degree online (SUNY)

Ive had 20+ years in the IT industry and own 2 patents (not in IT) but when the recession hit, no degree no job so with 2 small kids my choices were limited.

So why am I doing the MBA, well I have 2 years before my kids are of school age so I thought I may as well get an MBA and recoup the lost career earnings.

The biggest issue I face with the GMAT is its been just on 30 years since I did any math (stats etc during my BSc dont count) so my major concern is Im going to relearn math to have any chance of doing any good in my GMAT (I only need 550 for the school here in NY)

So any advice would be gladly welcomed on what math I need to relearn to get a good score

Thanks

Darren
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
GMAT Date: 08-10-2013
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 4

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 22:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,

I am also new here. I have been researching MBA programs and the GMAT for a while now, while thinking of getting an MBA. Like some others, I decided to go for it. I've taken a peak around the site about a month or two back, but now decided I should contribute and become a member, so here I am! I plan on applying for the Fall of 2014. I have been researching schools, but do not have a finalized list as of yet. (However, MSU-Go Spartans! and University of Texas at Austin are on the list.)

I hope to become an active member here, as well as exchanging study tips, habits, and obtaining advice/giving help where needed during the process. It's nice to meet you all!

Ashley
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 11 May 2013, 22:16