Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2013, 08:30
Hi, Just another Indian from Indian Institute of Technology, have engineering degree in Production and Industrial Engg. and 4 years experience in renewable energy sector. First time GMAT giver. Ideal goal is Harvard, but my c.g.p.a currently limits my scope to a large extent.

Members I also have a rather 2 rookie question , I'm pretty sure these must have been answered somewhere on this website; please guide me in that case:

1. Considering the availability of the GMAT test centre, how much time in advance should one aim to take the date of GMAT exams? For e.g. I want to give GMAT by Aug end, when should I ideally book my slot? (Or should I have done it by now)
2. I've a Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide Fourth Edition, which, needless to say is quite awesome. At the end of each chapter there are a bunch of questions (Problem sets) post which there are supposedly set of questions which have come in GMAT. But in place of questions it refers to some numbers in certain editions which I'm unable to decipher. For e.g., a sample set will look like: GENERAL SET, Verb, tense, Mood and voice, 12th Edition: 3.19.41,... So on.
Can you please help me understand where can I find these questions. In case these are available on my online account at Manhattangmat.com, would it still be there as I had bought this book almost 2 years back?
Let me know or guide me to correct destination please. If this wasn't the correct space for posting such questions, please guide me to correct forum.

Regards
Ibnbatuta
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 09-28-2013
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 12:49
Hi all

I am new to this site.. have been thinking about giving the GMAt for a while.. but have been a bit too lazy i guess.. finally have booked a date 10 days back.. 28 sep 2013.. It gives me a tight schedule to prepare.. gave an online evaluation test with princeton review.. the score i got is 590 V32, Q40..

I am looking at a 700+ score.. as i have a very average 65% in my engineering (electrical). I have more than 68 months of experience in renewable energy sector (hydro projects). I am also involved with an NGO (one of the founding members) that works on creating awareness about renewable sources of energy and energy conservation in rural areas.

Based on my profile... what are my chances of getting into a good b school considering that i do manage to get a GMAT score upwards of 700..
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 38

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2013, 04:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All,

I a m sambit from India, an comp science engineer working in anIndian IT company for the past 3 years. Planning to take GMAT and get into a good school if possible with a good scholarship. Looking forward to learn a lot form this website.
1st attempt will be in august.
I am eying on gmat now.
Hope everything goes fyn.
Jusrt heard that 25 kudos unlock the gmatclub tests.LOL.
have to earn it though!!!!

Regards,
Sambit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GPA: 3.89
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 22:01
Hello,

I was googling some information about GMAT and this site popped up. I have been learning quite a lot in the last few days about the test, prepping, and what to expect. I am really grateful for all the information available.

Little bit about me: I graduated in 2012 and for the next 3-5 years (still thinking about it) I am working in Japan on the JET program. I really really love my job but after this experience I want to go back to school for an MBA in international business with a heavy focus on Japanese business culture. I am still researching programs and what I need to do to achieve this goal. I know I want a future career where I can work with Japan in some capacity. I understand this is a pretty broad goal but I will continue my research over the next 2 years or so to narrow down my specific field.

To further this goal I really want to enter a Japanese grad program. So over the next year or so I'll be studying both for the GMAT and the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test). Need to research those as well. I have my eye on a particular school in Kyoto and another in Tokyo. I will also apply to some US based schools that have similiar international business programs.

As for the GMAT I will begin prepping end of August and start self study. I know I really need to focus on math and I am terrible at it. I am also looking into online courses (mailing MGMAT and Manhattan Review). So far Manhattan Review has the best times for courses for me and pretty good reviews. I am aiming to take my GMAT in early spring/summer of 2014.

If anyone can give me some advice on where/how to start refining these goals, whether or not Manhattan Review is a good choice, and other helpful tidbits I would really appreciate it.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 108

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 08:36
One more Indian in queue for GMAT

Farhan from Mumbai, India
Retail industry professional with more than 3 years of work ex.

Test date : 12th october
Target schools given along my name

Looking forward to earn those 25 kudos soon ;)

Cheers

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Gladly Making an attempt today

INSEAD SEPT 2015 Intake Thread

2015 PROFILES W/ ADMIT/DINGS RESULTS!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 21:10
canadian here, looking to write my gmat aug 30 or 31st. going into my 4th yr of undergrad need to write the gmat to get into certain Masters of finance programs, and possibly considering the option of a canadian mba school.

did manhatten prep course, and pretty much just starting to work on og questions now. found the directory super helpful for the quant practice questions, since sometimes ppl have easier + faster ways to solve questions than what the og says.

did the og 13 diagonstic before i had any prep
ps - below
da - avg
rc-above
cr-above
sc-below

i am doing like 2 weeks quant then 2 week verbal then like 1 or 2 days on IR/AWA. prob fit some time to do a CAT aswell. srsly worried about my sentence correction i hate that stuff hoping to do some searching here for some good tips
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 90 [1] , given: 108

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 11:04
This post received
KUDOS
legitpro wrote:
canadian here, looking to write my gmat aug 30 or 31st. going into my 4th yr of undergrad need to write the gmat to get into certain Masters of finance programs, and possibly considering the option of a canadian mba school.

did manhatten prep course, and pretty much just starting to work on og questions now. found the directory super helpful for the quant practice questions, since sometimes ppl have easier + faster ways to solve questions than what the og says.

did the og 13 diagonstic before i had any prep
ps - below
da - avg
rc-above
cr-above
sc-below

i am doing like 2 weeks quant then 2 week verbal then like 1 or 2 days on IR/AWA. prob fit some time to do a CAT aswell. srsly worried about my sentence correction i hate that stuff hoping to do some searching here for some good tips

The best way for SC is to get involved in the SC threads, my scores have gone up by 4 points in SC recently due to this :)

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Gladly Making an attempt today

INSEAD SEPT 2015 Intake Thread

2015 PROFILES W/ ADMIT/DINGS RESULTS!!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '16

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2013, 01:45
HI I am new to GMAT. I am yet another engineer from India having 4yrs of experience in software industry. Gave some sample test and my average score is coming around 690. Guys I am having a big accuracy issue in solving SC can you all please guide me how to prepare for SC. I am targeting GMAT in Nov. with a score above 720.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 04:37
Hello, I'm also planning and preparing to take the GMAT exam, I have ALOT of work to do so I'm trying to be resourceful as possible. As helpful this site is, I'm still having a problem taking it all in at once lol.... Trying to figure out what route to go on. I graduated from FDU in Teaneck NJ with my BA in psychology, I know my weaknesses when it comes to this test (quant) so I'm still looking for a more rigorous quant training than just reading and answering the Manhattan GMAT books.... I am making progress though so hopefully I can find better ways to improve through this site!!!

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 12-07-2013

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 5

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 14:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Everyone,

My name is Emem from Nigeria. I graduated in 2009 with a degree in Biological Sciences. I want to get 780 when i take the GMAT in 3 months time. I have INSEAD, HAVARD, IMD, WHARTON on my mind... Got a 560 when i did the first practice test so i know i have a long way to go. But i know its possible......

Many thanks to the administrators of this site...... its been a huge well of resources....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 11:44
Hey guys/gals,

This is my first post and I just want to introduce myself and start contributing to the community (long time looker/user of your resources).

I'm behind the curve, but I'm gearing up again to take another run at the GMAT this year!

About me:

- I live in the Sacramento area and I've been in the Air Force for 6 years
- I've taken the GMAT twice: 44Q 36V second official test (660), 39Q, 38V first test (640)
- I'm trying to get motivated to execute a more coherent/structured study strategy this year than last year (just starting this year, but...I honestly put in a lot of effort last year and came up just short of where I would like to be)
- My target scores are score 48/49Q and clean up my verbal score (41+)
- I only applied to Tuck last year (various reasons, but I probably rushed my application a little to get everything in by R2)
- I was on the Tuck waitlist until about a month ago
- Like all of you I'm sure... I'm trying to find the time to study while continuing to keep my professional life on the rails!

Target schools: Tuck (re-applicant), Sloan, Haas, Wharton

Anyway enough about me - have a great Labor Day weekend and I look forward to participating more in this community!

Chos
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-21-2013
GRE 1: 313 Q157 V156
GPA: 3.98
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 11:59
Hello Every1,

My Name is Royston Fernandes.I am an Electronics Engineering Graduate and have a total of 2 years working experience in the Automotive Domain.My Profile is that of IT and am looking to shift my focus onto Management/marketing aspects of it.
I have given my GMAT earlier,however managed to score only 560. In depression i did not look back at it till the last month.I want to target a score of 700+ and have the will and capability of doing it. I have booked a slot for the 21st of October and could use all the help i can get. I currently am average in both the math and Verbal areas although my Verbal area is stronger(SC is poor though).
Any help from the active members in the forum towards my goal will be greatly appreciated:-) :-D :-D :lol:
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 08-07-2014

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 03:10
Hi,

I'm Virender Kumar from Delhi, India. I'm planning to take the GMAT in December. Have just started the preparation, my target score is 740+.
I'm planning to enroll for online course from economist gmat. Can anyone pls suggest if it's worth or should I join some other course.

Thanks,
Virender Kumar :P
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 17:43
Hello

My name is Sammy, this is my first post on GMAT Club. I am taking my GMAT October 16th, and I have been studying for the GMAT since April. I took a Manhattan course close to my house and thought it was very informative. However, the more I read online the more I realize I am making mistakes in my studying. Mostly taking too long to prepare. I am very dedicated to my studying and I do about 2 to 3 hours a night. I have improved quite a bit since my first practice exams but I am still no where near where I want to be. This week I scored significantly lower on my CATexam than the one I took 3 weeks ago. I thought I knew more material!! I am clearly doing something wrong! I know more is not necessarily better, but I am determined to receive my goal of 650 and will not stop until I reach it. I am open to any and all advice so if there is anyone out there who might be able to help please let me know!

Thanks

Sammy
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 19:09
Hi everybody. I am Esther. How are you all doing :)? I am new here. I joined this site since I have found out that this forum site can be helpful to me as I do my further studies in business. I look forward to get advices and share insights and experiences with all of you :)!
Intern
Intern

Re: R: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 22:07
Hi all! I'm Marco, I'm Italian and I've found this forum searching the web for information about mba's. About me, I'm going to get my J.D. in february, and the FCE in the same period.. have a nice day!

Inviato usando Tapatalk 2.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 05:59
Hi all,
I'm an Indian with 8 yrs of IT experience working in the software development and maintenance projects in the domains of Banking, Financial Services, Insurance and HR. I'm an avid learner and wanted to pursue MBA which is my long term dream.I started to prepare for my GMAT recently and need to put more effort with a target score of 750.
Here is a quick snapshot of my profile
Class X - 91.33%
Class XII - 95.66%
UG - 8.6/10(CGPA), 4/4(US CGPA)
Experience - 8 yrs International Exposure - 2.5 yrs
Certifications - INS21(Insurance domain certification), PMP
Language proficiency - English, Tamil(Native), Hindi, French(DELF B1 certified)

My target schools are
INSEAD,Queens,Cornell,Harvard
ISB,IIMA(PGPX),IIMB(EPGP)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 04:01
Hi,
I am an Indian with 14 years full time work experience, Bachelors from NIT, M.S. from University of Arizona in Electrical Engineering. I have worked with big names in India for around 9 years and USA for 5 years in Renewables and Electric Automotive Industry. I took my GRE in 2001 with score as 2150/2400 and had a not so good experience with GMAT with score of 640 in August 2013. During the prep I was consistently scoring 680-690 but could not keep the tempo. Planning to retake the exam in November 2013, and will apply for primarily for One Year Programs. I will register once I start getting 750+ score in Practice Tests.
I look forward to advice from Group Members and share my experiences.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-04-2014

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 04:18
Hi all
Indian here.My target date of gmat is on 4 Jan 14 .I have been going through this site throughly for last one week.This site provides lot of valuable information and good strategies for beginners.
I still have 3 months left.I started of with Maslaw principle and right now at the bottom of the pyramind acquiring knowledge.
Target Score: Quants 50, Verbal 42, AWA >5
Strategy:
1 month: Covering basics in quants (working out with different strategies and involving in forum discussion)
2 month: Verbal
3 month:CAT analysis and giving my tests

Regards
Prakash :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 11:17
Hi All,

I am Anand,working in IT,having 7 years of exp.I am aiming to change my career to Consulting.I have started preparing for GMAT recently,wrote my first practice CAT from GMATPrep today,scored only 500(Q44,V27) :( .Long way to go to get a satisfactory score.

However,I accidentally shut down my computer after the test.When I again opened GmatPrep software,I cannot find my incorrect attempts of the CAT. :o Is there any way to find these questions?
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2013, 11:17