Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-23-2014
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 23:53
Hi everyone,
I'm part of this community from about 10 days, hoping for an enriching experience and finding buddies sailing on the same boat as mine. As for my profile it goes like this.,

B.E in mechanical engineering from one of the oldest engineering colleges(UVCE) in the silicon city of India Bangalore, in the year 2011. Over two years of work-ex in engineering r&d services group of, one of India's reputed IT services companies. As for the work-ex it's not as glorious as it sounds, been doing some good for nothing post production support activities for a US network equipment manufacturer. My interests always lied in the field of automobiles and aerospace, hoping to work for another two years in the product design/development functions in these sectors and later apply for a good management program which would help me realise my dream of working for the aerospace biggies(boeing, airbus, bombardier.....,). Targetting a score of 700+, planning to give GMAT in feb or march this year.

I appreciate if someone can mentor me regarding my career aspirations, as my goal post MBA is to remain in the technology sector. So that i can get an early start towards realising my dream.

Hail GMATclub.,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 07:34
What up! My name is Eddy from Germany and I gonna do the GMAT in about 3 months if thats enough time to learn for it. Im 22 years old and I'm gonna finish my bachelor next summer!

Wish you guys the best
regards, eddy
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2013, 00:19
My name is Jackson, 29 and I am from Australia. Economics undergrad, Bus Dev Exec for large cap chemical distributor in unconventional gas.

Targeting Insead as a preference, hoping to get in on basis of a narrative that fits with the school, international experience, professional and personal success. Trying to make up for low GPA of 3 with higher GMAT, so targeting 700+.

Alternatively will take an MBA that fits with my career preferences, potentially a reputable US school that is close to the head office of the company I work for.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2013, 08:25
Hi,
I am Ashok from India. Telecom Engineer with 6 years of experience.
Target GMAT score is 700-750. ISB is my first choice. Don't want to invest double amount for a foreign MBA.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2013, 17:30
Hi everyone,

I go by Nai, and I'm currently in a finance leadership rotational development program with large chemical manufacturing company.

I took the GMAT Dec 7th and did not score as well as I would have liked to. I'm hoping to hit the 700 mark or come as close to it as possible. Post MBA I want to go into Asset Management.

I'm currently in a Manhattan GMAT course, so hopefully I will learn enough to score well on my second attempt scheduled for February 2014. If you have any tips or suggestions please send them my way. :-)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: ISB '15

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 29

CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2013, 22:07
Hi all,

My name is Harish Biyani. I am 24 years old and i am based in Mumbai, India.
I have completed my graduation in Commerce in 2010. Also, I am a Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
I have 25 months of work experience. My last job was with KPMG India - Risk Consulting (18 months experience).

I appeared for GMAT on 27/12/13 and scored only 530 (V 26, Q37) :(. I know i made some huge mistakes while preparing for GMAT and I intend to correct those mistakes so that I can achieve a score of 700+.

I am planning to take admissions for full time MBA in the class of 2015. I love finance and once I am admitted to B school I intend to specialize further in finance.
My preferred B-school is ISB.
Next preference would be NUS and other top schools in USA if i get a scholarship.

I came to know about Gmatclub about three months ago and I must say its a great community where students have a common goal and are constantly helping each other.

I hope I can contribute to this community in some way.

Thanks,
Harish

Kindly consider for kudos if my post was helpful!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 02:29
Hi All

This is Sarath Kurup here. Finally after lurking around for years, I feel it's time, i start involving myself with this great community. I stumbled across this site, when I was debating whether to go with an Indian MBA or an international one, couple of years back.

Anyway coming to the present, I currently have a 2 year work ex in the construction industry, before my masters, and post my masters in supply chain from NITIE, Mumbai, I have joined one of the largest Generic Drug manufacturers as a project manager. After interacting with a lot of business leaders here, I have come to the conclusion that I might require an International MBA in the future to further develop my career in the Pharma Industry and to move into a Global stage in the future.

I am as yet planning, and I will require help from the entire community to go through this phase of charting out my entire career plan. My current plan is to take the GMAT by June of this year, so that it gives me ample time to rectify any issues that might come up when I get the score.

Hoping to work it out.

Regards

Sarath Kurup
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.84
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 17:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hello! My name is Monique and I'm an American living in Thailand right now. I'm 23 and not actually looking to get into B-School - I'm a test prep teacher and tutor (SAT, ACT, SSAT, GRE, and, obviously, GMAT). I've never taken an official GMAT but I regularly score over 750 on practice tests. I'm here to learn - always looking for new resources for my students! I'm just a weirdo who loves standardized tests :D
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '16

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 15:34
Hello,

My name is Joe and I am preparing for my second Gmat exam the first week of April. I previously took the test in November and received a 410. I managed to only study two weeks for the exam which was not enough. I am shooting for a 500 on the next exam which will get me into the program of my choice (Florida Atlantic University).
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 06:57
Hi,
I am Kunal and i am planning to take GMAT again after 7 years after doing a 10 year in the industry ... just feel that i need to finally go for MS Fin or a 1 year MBA now in the USA . Looking to meet like minded people here. feel free to contact me :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 09:57
Hey all!

My name is Rodrigo, I'm a brazilian and I have started a couple of months ago to prepare for the GMAT. I'll try to apply to some Europe business school for this year's intake and for US b.schools for 2015's, if nothing good shows up this year. I've been reading a lot of content here since December and I can say that I'm really impressed with the number of experts here!

Best regards,
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2222

Kudos [?]: 8234 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rodrigocani wrote:
Hey all!

My name is Rodrigo, I'm a brazilian and I have started a couple of months ago to prepare for the GMAT. I'll try to apply to some Europe business school for this year's intake and for US b.schools for 2015's, if nothing good shows up this year. I've been reading a lot of content here since December and I can say that I'm really impressed with the number of experts here!

Best regards,

Welcome Rodrigo! Glad to have you!
If anything, we probably have too much stuff here. There are a few ways to search... one of them is the MBA Timeline: mbatimeline
It organizes all application information in a chronological and easier-to-understand order....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Bocconi '15
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 08:42
Hello People,

My name Vipul and I am from Goa, India. I have a bachelors degree in Electronics and Telecom with around 5 years of experience working in IT. I'm looking for a college with primary focus on Entrepreneurship. I have already answered the GMAT once and I got a low score of 570.

I am looking forward to giving it again and I hope to score better...a lot better this time. Since i have already lost a year in my MBA applications due to a bad score, I plan to apply to the top colleges which offers the One year MBA course. Do let me know you suggestions and especially on you views on an European one year MBA.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 00:20
Hiii I am Varun Walia from Chandigarh. I am a Civil Engineer with 6.5 years of experience. I have 5 years of exp in the power sector in Green field thermal power projects and about 1.5 years as Sub Divisional Engineer in PWD. I am planning to appear for GMAT in may/june 2014.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.61
WE: General Management (Venture Capital)

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 18:43
Checking in - I thought of getting an MBA last week, did some internet research and my curious mind found its way to all of you wonderful people. Having dug around a little on the site, I found some incredibly useful information and it's barely the beginning of my research - thank you guys.
I'm switching careers and plan to work on international trade and fund management. Targeting Insead, LBS, Haas and GSB/ need a GMAT of around 750/ aged 26.

It's a bland first post so far. However, I'm sure the rest will get better.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-31-2014
GPA: 3.68

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 23:16
Ok, my GMAT is coming up end of March and I have no time to enrol in a prep course. Do I need one? Absolutely! been out of school for a long time and need major math refresh.That's the reason why I'm glad to have found this website - the resources here are amazing.

Anyone from Abu Dhabi? would love to connect and discuss GMAT prep for exam taking.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 22:40
Hello Everyone!

My name is Sridhar and I am from Delhi. I am planning to take GMAT in the month of July and planning to apply for R1 for 2015 admissions.
Was thinking either to join kaplan center or prinston for GMAT class. Could any one suggest which is the best in Delhi?

Would be of great help to me.

Regards
Sridhar
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2222

Kudos [?]: 8234 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 22:44
Expert's post
sriharc wrote:
Hello Everyone!

My name is Sridhar and I am from Delhi. I am planning to take GMAT in the month of July and planning to apply for R1 for 2015 admissions.
Was thinking either to join kaplan center or prinston for GMAT class. Could any one suggest which is the best in Delhi?

Would be of great help to me.

Regards
Sridhar

Hi and Welcome to GMAT Club!
You can see reviews here for the Delhi courses: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/location/new-delhi-451

Looks like Kaplan may be a better bet or some of the online courses. See more reviews on the main page: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/

Good luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 02:46
Hi i am new on this forum and i join this forum recently for the purpose of share and get important information. I hope, i will enjoy and make new friends on this forum.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 07:25
Hi everyone. Here to prepare for the GMAT. Taking a diagnostic this weekend after one week of brief study.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2014, 07:25