Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi friends,

My name is Sowmya and am basically known as Simba elsewhere :) . I am new here and am still getting used to this place. I am from India & right now, am working towards getting into a good bschool.

A little about myself - Unlike a lot of Indians out here, I have not stepped out of India and hope this MBA makes me cross those borders :wink: I am into Telecom, basically a hardware engineer now handling a few responsibilities. I have worked for about 5 years and now, intend to finish my MBA from a top US school to give me a good professional leap. :) GMAT - around Oct-Nov... Need to start prepping!!!

All u guys have done a great job keeping this site. :) Praet.. Will def try to be a lil more active around here!!!

Take care all..
Surreal
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Hey Surreal / Vivek

Welcome to the Club. Hope we can help you on your way. Ask questions that you dont quite understand, learn, debate and contribute. this way, all of you will benefit most from the club.

We are here to help.

Good luck
Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Thanks Praet, I can def. feel the love, haha...

I honestly just need to organize my day better, so that I can actually study steadily during the week like BB mentioned in his post outlining his plan of attacking the GMAT...I'm currently trying to do about 2 hrs per day (or should I say @ night, after work, hitting up the gym, running), and then aiming to spend about 4 hrs per day on Saturday and Sunday...so yeah, hopefully in a week, I will be better in the flow, and will hopefully be able to narrow the scope of the questions I ask...

Thanks,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am french, 29yo, 4+ y working experience, BS of Physics, MSEE and MD in finance.
Previous experience in strat&orga consulting, set up my own business and now in the venture capital field.
Target score over 700, target b-schools : Insead or finance oriented (Columbia, Wharton, Chicago)

Frederic
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
I came thru a search engine (can't remember which one!) Seemed an interesting website and got hooked to it.

My history: I have a BSc in Accounting from a British University, got married and moved to the States. I have taken GMAT and have scored extremely low (very very low!) I am not applying for admission to Ivy league universities, but I want a good score (700+ preferably) to get an assistantship/fellowship position at Florida State. I have used Kaplan and Princeton and 800 score and PP worked through all the questions but I am not sure yet. I want to take the exam in October but I am worried that I have not gone through enough questions. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 238 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Schools:Yale SOM, Tuck, Ross, IESE, HEC, Johnson, Booth
 Q50  V34 GMAT 2: 720  Q50  V38
Send PM
Hi everybody.
I am krishan working as a software engineer in silicon valley of India i.e. Bangalore for just below one year gaining expertise in Telecom domain. I have done B.Tech in computer science from Lucknow University(India).I joined this forum last month when i was searching for some one who could guide me though the mystery which we call as GMAT.
I know it's too early to appear for GMAT as the average work ex is 5-6 years for ppl going for it, but being just out of the college has a certain advantage in the sense that your mathematical/analytical skills are intact. Moreover scores are valid for 5 years.

I aim to get a course in consulting from one of the Ivy League colleges, not limiting my option just to Wharton's of the world for which i have to score around 750/800 to compensate for a very less work ex.

I have just started my foray into this world and hope that this forum would provide me and many like me with a sound platform on which we can build upon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krishan wrote:
but being just out of the college has a certain advantage in the sense that your mathematical/analytical skills are intact. Moreover scores are valid for 5 years.

I certainly agree with you krishan. And almost envy those skills which you possess right after u graduate... :) All the best!!

Surreal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
there is no hard and fast rule that u need 5years work ex,u can try applying after 2 years of working start preparing for GMAT right away
ash
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 742 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone at GMAT club!

Im pragati from India, currently doing law. I came to knwo about this wonderful website through Google, where I found many postings by people who got 700+. All fo them thanked this site around a million times. Mande me wonder what exactly is it... I took the plunge and should I say.... Im not disappointed. I think its a wonderful platform to share your problems and solutions.

A little bit about myself: I like playing synthesizer, reading books, writing poems, solving maths (yess..lol) .

I think I will definitely remain active in this wonderful Forum for the coming 5-6 weeks and have much to offer! :) Cant wait..phew!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

My name is danny and just google in here. Looks like this is a greate place to hang out and prepare my GMAT exam. I have a master in Science after the GRE exam, and now I am challenging myself in GMAT.

I live in Philly, and if anyone is interested in partnership with me please don't hesitate to contact: dannyechen@hotmail.com

Cheers, and good luck to everyone.

Danny
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1448 [0]
Send PM
hi,

i am christoph from germany and this site is very important to me. thank u to the founders :-D

i plane to take the gmat in december and then i apply to insead, imd and sda bocconi !

cheers christoph !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I discovered this site a day before I took the actual GMAT on Oct 23rd. I wish I had discovered this site earlier. It really would have boosted my scores (and my confidence) a great deal. This is one awesome site! I'm going to retake my GMAT on December 3rd and will be an active participant (or lurker :P) on these forums.

I have a Comp Sci Masters and an Econ Undergrad. I have about two and a half years W/E and plan to take the social-entrepreneurial route in a couple years. I'm applying to Stanford, Haas, Harvard, Yale and Duke.

I'm targetting a 700 plus score in December. Although I'm pretty good at Quant, I froze during the middle of the exam and didn't do as well as I'd hoped. My scores are 610 (Q-35 V-40) I'm hoping that the bi-weekly Challenges on this site will help me get over my "performance anxiety".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
Hi, everyone. You can read about my test-taking experiences under my recent thread "My scores." It's sufficed to say that I am the strongest in AWA (6.0), above average in quantitative, and around average in verbal. I'm going through the posts to figure out my study strategy.

I was a former pre-med turned liberal arts major. I hope to attend a MBA program that has a strong curriculum across the board.

My top-choice school right now is Indiana, although this may change since I plan to visit a few more schools in the near future. I went to a large world renown public research university in the U.S. as an undergrad. Because I didn't have a very good experience there, this time around I'm paying more attention to fit.

Application deadlines for Round 2 are coming up in January. I'm willing to delay submitting my applications until I achieve a GMAT score of 700. I do know that merit scholarships might be limited after Round 2.

Thank you for setting up this community.

Sincerely,

Questor
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi, my name is latisha and i am currently gunning for a 650-700 score on the gmat in the next six weeks. i graduated with a b.s. in hospitality in 2002 from MSU and i plan on pursuing my masters in the same field. i have been working in the restaurant industry for the past eight years. any help that i can receive to help me achieve my goal is greatly appreciated. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
I finally got around to this :-D

My name is Gayathri, I am from India but have been in the US the past 6 yrs. I have a MS in EE from Ohio State and 3 yrs work experience in product mktg/ mgmt. I lost my job in september as the start up company I was working for was not able to secure funding. So arnd the last week of october I decided to channel my energy to getting my GMAT taken care off as I have never been able to find the time to prepare when I was working. So, I am spending 1/4 of my time preparing for GMAT, 1/2 of my time on job search and the remaining 1/4 with my other interests such as art, learning spanish, reading and not to forget my husband!

This forum has been a great way for me to share my questions and get answers and I look forward to meeting other GMAT buddies here!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
Better late than never. so here I am. my Name is Vasudha. I have a masters in Computer Science from Texas Tech University. Started out as a developer in the start up company here in austin, Now the product manager of the same. I took my Gmat before thanksgiving and screwed it big time.. 570!!!! ouch ouch :x :cry: Aiming for Mc combs right here in austin.. need to get 700 come what may..working on it.. started to participate in the forums more .Hope to contribute more in the future
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am Indian,currently working in US as a consultant, work experience 8 yrs in software consulting.I have done Bachelors(B.Tech) in Computer Science from India.

I am aiming for a GMAT score of 700+. I have taken GMAT twice (530 Q38 V25 600 Q44 V28).I have been preparing for about 1.5 yrs off and on.But did some serious study as of lately for about a month.

My plans to get an MBA from a top business school in US and take a one step ahead in my career.

My challenges are time management and Verbal Section(RC,CR and SC).I devote too much time on individual questions and therefore I have to guess my questions in the end.In my second attempt,I had to leave about 2 questions in Quant and 10 questions in Verbal.I do not know if it is with me or everybody has to guess some questions in the end.Also Verbal,I get stuck with SC and CR questions and I have no time left for RC questions.

I have been active in the forum for about couple of months and hope to learn from other members and contribute as well.

Thanks all for your support and encouragement !
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66