Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hey ya'll [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2006, 10:02
Hey ya'll, my name is Marina, im 21 year old girl (half russian half korean) and i am also a recent graduate from the Westminster International University in Tashkent (major in Business Administration)...
well i actually just started my preparation for GMAT so im gonna b wit u guys for the next coupla months (that's for sure) and im planning 2 get a 7.. and up score.
My favourite quote is "Nothing is impossible" u just need to have enough faith in what u do and put enough efforts in what u want 2 achieve.
Awh, i had some work experience this summer being a trainee in one Loan brokerage company in New York and believe that i can achieve whatever.
Right now i am back in my homecountry which is Uzbekistan.
Well, hope these coming months of preparation will be of great efficiency though.
Much Luv,
Marina
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2006, 02:53
Good luck with your prep. This is a great place to study for the GMAT.
Intern
Intern

Introduction [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2006, 01:25
Hey guys
I'm Ashok from India. I'm 26 years old and a Chartered Accountant (Indian equivalent of CPA) working in the Finance department of an European Co. I have 5 years of work experience and going to take up GMAT on 29/01/07. Would be initially applying to European B Schools (IESE, LBS and INSEAD) only.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2006, 17:28
Hello, This is Kalindee. I work in telecommunication company and about to finish my CCNP certifications. Just one exam left which I am going to take next week. I would like to start studying for GMAT and I find this forum very helpful.
I wish all of you good luck and I hope that I score good so that I can join MBA in college of my choice.

K
Intern
Intern

New to the forum [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 18:31
Hi Everyone,
My name is Jewel and I am new to the forum. I joined about two months ago but I just decided to introduce myself to the discussion. I am schedule to take the GMAT in 3 three weeks but I am going to reschedule for March. I am a very terrified about taking the GMAT. I would like to join the 700 club but I have a long, long way to go.
This forum is a great scource of inspiration for me, thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intro [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2006, 06:41
Greetings All,

My name is Benjamin. I work in the Software Industry and have done everything from software development, to product management, to a brief entrepreneurship venture. Feel free to rip apart at my poor Sentence Correction and lack of parallelism!

I have a BS in Computer Science and a minor in Economics from the University of Virginia. I’m currently African American, at least last time I checked ;)

I have taken 18 GMAT practice tests with approximately 50% over 700. Of course the scores improved toward the end. I took the GMAT in October and scored a 680 and was pretty bummed. I got back on my feet, and decided to take the GMAT again in Singapore while here on business (today - )

I achieved my 700 club goal. 710, not bad… I was hoping for a bit higher, but hell I beat the average of most schools.

I’m applying to 2 dream schools. I only shoot high:
The University of Chicago - EMB program - Asia Campus in Singapore.
Wharton East EMB Program - Penn
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

Re: Intro [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2006, 11:32
obenyoung wrote:
I’m currently African American, at least last time I checked ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think this isn't lack of ||sm, but rather luck of clarity... ha-ha-ha... So tomorrow you will be Asian??? that's nice... I wish I had such an amazing ability to transform... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome to the club and good luck in getting into your dream schools!!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2006, 18:55
Brand spanking new! Still trying to figure this thing out...

My name is Christy; I'm 26. Went to UC Berkeley undergrad and graduated with a BA in Psychology. Want to go to San Diego State University which is the better business program in the San Diego area. Took the GMAT last month and realized I was completely naive to the test. Took an 8 week GMAT prep course through USD but didn't really study otherwise. I considered "studying" to be sitting in class twice a week at USD and helping solve problems on the whiteboard. I reviewed over some math formulas about three days before the test and ended up with a 590. Talk about disappointed... and completely naive.
I have rescheduled the test for mid-February so I gotta get cracking! I'm excited about the prospect of retaking and crushing that test and I hope to be in the high 600s (but of course would love to crack 700).
Eventually I would love to do HR consulting or work in HR management; just gotta learn the business lingo.

Nice to be here!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2006, 21:53
Hi all,

I have been around here for few months but never noticed this thread :P

28 male, Malaysian Chinese.
Got a Bachelor of Science in Physics. Currently wrapping up my thesis for PhD in Physics. So, yes, I am a physicist.

I wish to switch my path to finance as many other physicists did, so I got to get this GMAT done.

Nice to meet u all!

livin in a prison island...

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2006, 03:51
Greetings all,

My name is Cem. I live in Istanbul/Turkey and work for Deloitte. I have been here for almost two years now, and I want to do my MBA to get my career shifting a bit more to the Investment Banking sector.

My undergrad is from Bilkent University, Department of Economics.

I want to study in a financially strong city, which is New York City or London.

Thus; I want to enroll to NYU, LSB, City University, Imperial College, or Fordham University.

My first two choices are NYU and LSB of course. Hopefully with a decent GMAT score, these schools might not be just dreams.

Oh, and hi!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2006, 04:04
Hi and welcome to u, standard :)

U have found the place that, at least, will help u reach your dreamt schools :)... Good luck in your quest ! :)
Intern
Intern

Music Major attempting the GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2006, 12:01
My name is Julie and I just graduated with my B.Mus.

I wrote the GMAT this morning after studying for a month and was disappointed with a low score. I am sad to say that I have just discovered this website! In any case I will be rewriting. Can anyone answer some questions for me please:

Do you have to rewrite in 31 days?

If the answer is yes- what approach do you reccomend for a quick review?

I have been using the ARCO2005 study guide which I think was a mistake. Please help!

-Julie
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2006, 13:40
i'm a musicology graduate... what did you study in your b.mus.
what's your aspirations?

just curious.... not too many musicians around here.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2006, 07:51
I am Pzazz from India ,doing my B.Tech in IT Branch.I would like to take up my GMAT in 2010. Long way to go.

My hobbies include Share Market watch, Hacking and other activites as helping out people around me.

My boss refered me to this site and thanks to him,I could find the best in the shortest time.We have a long time to get associated to each other.

Keep going GMAT CLUB.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 04:03
Hi!

My name is Seni, I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I am working as a packaging engineer in the consumer good industry. I've been working all around Europe (Italy, Belgium, France, UK...) and now I am in my home town, Barcelona.

I am planning to apply to an MBA in the US next year.

I took the GMAT two weeks ago for the first time and scored 690, I am quite happy with the result but I am thinking about repeating it, not sure yet.

Thanks for the forum, is really helpful!!
Manager
Manager

Another choice [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2007, 20:35
Hello to all of you who took the test and scored lower than you should have. Perhaps you just didn't have the right teachers. Check out the review of GMAX Online here at the GMAT Club, and see what type of teaching is offered. Then go to the website and look at the overview ("see what you're getting") and you'll understand why so many students crack the 700 ceiling with GMAX Online.
The best of luck with your studies,
Leanna
Director, GMAX
http://www.gmaxonline.com
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2007, 06:59
Hi all,

I am a 29 guy working in Singapore as a Research Analyst in a London-based market research firm.

Having graduated with at best an above average degree, I am planning to live and breath GMAT for the next 3-4 months and hit 750.

I know it ain't easy, but I have always aspired to work in the top consulting firms, so with my current background, only a top business school will help me achieve my ambition.

I am aiming for INSEAD.

Looking forward to meeting everybody here for the next 3-4 months.
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 6

[#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2007, 04:38
Hi all - I should give you my background

British male, 28 years old.

Degree in Economics from Edinburgh (1st class), where I also tutored 1st and 2nd year economics for a while. GPA if worked out is a bit low through medical reasons (optional essay here we go...)

Since then I have worked in two of the Top 5 UK Banking institutions, and am currently at Associate level managing risk for a whole business area.

For my age, progress to a level above would be tricky right now, so I want to take the opportunity for an MBA to strengthen my opportunities in the future to be able to move through to MD level and above.
Intern
Intern

Introducing myself [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2007, 12:18
Hello people

Its great to be on this site and to be able to share and learn so much from all of you.
I've been in the US for a little over 5 yrs now.
MS in computer science and working for an IT consulting firm based out of Cleveland.
My goal for the next one month is to get 750+ in the GMAT. And then Harvard...

I have been preparing for about 2 months. And will try to give it in a month.
This GMAT club has been really helpful.
Wish all of you the best in whatever you guys aim for.
And pls wish me the same :)

Regards
Rishi...

Rishi Jhaver

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AICPA, CAL Society CPA
Schools: Kellogg 1Y, Duke 2Y

Hello ALL [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2007, 14:07
Hi Everyone!

My name is Kevin M. I took the GMAT once with little prep and got 650. 67per.-Quant, 85 per.-Verb. I'm taking the GMAT again, aiming for a 750. So far, I'm using Cracking the GMAT by P/R, GMAT 800 by Kaplan, and about to buy the OG11.

I'm a college Senior at CSUN. Interned with Ernst & Young, Warner Brothers, and have had a part time job at an accounting firm since early 2005 to pay for school. I have a 3.7 GPA cum, and Accounting.

I'm appying to HBS in rd. 3 because they waive the app. fee. What do you guys think? (assuming 700+ score acheived)

There are three things in life: Price, Quality, and Speed. You only get two out of the three.

Hello ALL   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2007, 14:07