Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 01:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2006, 08:20
Hi,

I am Rajnish and I m glad to join this wonderful forum.

I am a Engineer from India. I have over 2 yrs. work exp. in project management & 1 yr. in Application Engineering.

I have just started my preparation for GMAT. I intend to take the same in May '06. I look forward to a gr8 learning exp.

Regards,
Rajnish
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 07:27
Dear All,

I am Praveen. I have decided to write GMAT and am planning to take the same in June 2006.

Though I am not really aware of many tools/books/materials for preparing for GMAT, I got the reference of this forum through Google.

And after coming to this place, and reading some of the earlier posts, I realised that this is the place which can give you momentum and inspiration to progress.

I am from Engineering background and currently working as a project manager in an esteemed IT organization and aspiring to go for MBA from a top university.

Thank you all for making this forum so wonderful and hope to have my journey here, full of new learnings and with an active contribution from my side as well.

Regards,
Praveen
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 21:00
Hello Everyone,

I have a Masters degree and 3.5 yrs of engg experience. I have just started my GMAT preparation. I am planing to do a part time MBA in the chicago area. I look forward to sharing GMAT preparation tips, Essay and apps strategies with the group.

Thank you
SB
Intern
Intern

Who am I? Good question. [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 06:21
Hello,

My name is Brett. I am a recovering GMAT taker. My problem began 6 years ago when I though about going to Grad school. I put it off and kept working, got married, etc. I am now 36 years old and have finally got off my kiester in part due to the urgings of my wife. I have been a working professional for over 10 years and need a change.

I have a pretty good life and currently make 70K a year as a Design and Engineering Manager, but in a dead-end job. Over and over I see how our company makes mistakes and am powerless to change it. My goal is to get an MBA with a Product Innovation/Product Manager emphasis. Obviously, this limits my school choices but they are out there.

I am really looking forward to doing something else, somewhere else!

Arrrghhhhhhh!!!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 07:37
Hi All,
My name is Abu Naser Jaman. I am a clinical Data Analyst in Georgetown Univserity, Washington DC. I graduated last year and i have one and half years of experience in information technology. I will sit for GMAT on june,2006. I will go for part time. Everyone pray for me so that i can do well in GMAT. Take care all of you guys.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Ladies and gentlemen Jay here [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2006, 23:04
Hello everybody,

I am new to the group and as usual an introduction is in order.

I am a software engineer by profession with a total experience of little less than 3 years.

Behind every action there has to be a valid reason. Many a times people don't know the underlying reason and the people who believe in occult etc name it supernatural.

But I know the reason why I am going for my MBA.

I have just started with my preparations and will be deciding on a date after a self evaluation.

Its been a long time since I touched basic maths but it feels good to get back to the study groove.

Thats all for a small introduction. Will be asking all of you a lot of questions.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

NEW HERE [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2006, 05:44
Hi, my name is Jackie.. from Seoul, Korea..

On my way home, a friend of mine who studies together for GMAT introduced this site.. It's so awesome to get to know this site... thank him..

Anyway, I am still quite in a darkness that how I can explore this site.. any help can be very appreciated..

JK in Seoul.. diving into gmatclub tonight..
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2006, 16:12
Hi! I had read about this club last year. Somehow, I forgot about the club, and got lost in GMAT preparation :!: Scored low in GMAT, got drained out badly, now I am back. This time around I want to make it. I am spending more time in going through the posts in this club. Its helping a lot in planning my strategy for the GMAT. Interestingly, I realized that I am not alone in making mistakes :wink: If not for my mistakes, I would not have given serious thought to my goals. All the best to you all!
Intern
Intern

Introduction [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2006, 07:52
Hi ,

I am a graduate with a PG dip in Mgmt. Planning to take the gmat in May 06. I work in international sales of Mphasis in Blr.

Would like to participate in this forum to prepare for my Gmat. :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2006, 08:14
great ! glad to have you here
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2006, 09:13
Hi All,

Welcome aboard :-D
Participate in discussions over questions, it helps a lot.

All the very best :good
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2006, 03:47
Hi,

I started to prepare the GMAT 1,5 month ago.
Pretty soon I discovered this fascinating and interesting forum. It's very nice to read about others' experiences and also to contribute.

I'm a french engineer with 6 years experience and want to have a boost in my career.
I must say that the Gmat preparation is quite hard, especially as it has been a long time ago I didn't practice any exams, both verbal and maths.
Until now, my scores a pretty low. I wish to do the exam at the end of may, with the scope to hit the 700 points. Because I don't know if I'll be prepared enough for that date, I might postpone the exam then for Oct. The problem is that it will make me lose 6 months until the next MBA application round.

So I will keep working hard on the GMAT and see what happens then around middle of May.

Have a nice day!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Hi [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2006, 00:32
Hi Frnds,
I am new to this forum and came to know about it from my frnd who forwarded me a link to some "790" story scribbed by one of his acquintances . It was truly inspiring. I've been browsing thru the site for over a week now. After having gone through a no of posts, I find this forum as a perfect platform for somebody like me to start working on getting to the final destination (720+).
Well about me. I am a B.E. ComputerSc from India and have been working in the S/w industry for the past 1.8 years (Presently working with Motorola GSG). I aim to take the GMAT exam in the month of July. I have already started with Princeton Review Verbal section and would like to hear from somebody "how should i go about it" . My weak area is verbal. Quant is not much problem, though!

------------
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2006, 08:51
Hi all, :o

My name is Boonrod. I am living in Bangkok, Thailand.

It is my pleasure to join in this club. Thank you all of you who greatly contribue to this club and make it alive....

I found this site from google. And I am very excited that there are a lot of people trying to make their dream come true as I am.

I set my goal to be one of the Top B-school students. My career goal is to be a management consultant. I have prepared myself for almost three years. Due to English is not my native langauge, I have faced a lot of difficulities to improve my score in verbal of GMAT. I got only 570 in my GMAT score last time (Q48,V20) , very low score in verbal part. But I will not return my commitment, I will try my best until I get what I want. :wink:

For other people who are preparing to take a GMAT, TRY YOUR BEST...

That all I would like to say ^-^

See you on the TOP!! :P

Cheers,

Boonrod
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 668 [0], given: 781

Re: New to GMAT Forum need help [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2006, 15:53
parwani74 wrote:
HI- I am in Boston, working in finance and been trying to give GMAT exam with no success. Last time I tried I got around 400, need atleast 600+ to get into good school. Any suggestion ? should I take GMAX online course, is it helpful. What material should I review, I do have GMAT books from princenton, gmat and kaplan.
I really appreciate for your help.

Whether you want to take the GMAX course is your personal preference, but we reviewed their course and its on our website. See if it helps you make a decision.

Here is the link:

http://gmatclub.com/wiki/GMAX_Online

regards
Praetorian
Intern
Intern

Hello! this is rollthedice! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2006, 12:09
Hi,

I am rollthedice. I came to know about this site from google but was too late in the game as I was taking my GMAT in few days with little/no prep. My first attempted GMAT score 550 sucks.

I have 11 yrs industry experience and is part of the problem. I lead teams in the onshore/offshore model that I dont get enough time after work (If it ever ends!). But, I am not loosing hope and going to know my weak points better by learning from you guys and sharing what I can in the process and make my scores a whopping : 700+

Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 17:21
Hi everyone!

My name is An, I have tried Gmat test once. The test was not good, so I cancelled the score at that time. After the test I have gone to work in a firm. Now I want to study Gmat to take the test once more. As my dream is to study in a foreign country, to use English everyday,... I am now nearly forget all what I have learnt Gmat from the previous time. I hope this time I will be wiser and have a better way of studying gmat.

Thanks and best wishes

Anle
Intern
Intern

Introducing myself [#permalink] New post 08 May 2006, 12:11
Hi!

My name is Sangita, and I joined today!

I found this site today, a week after I took my GMAT for the first time. As you can imagine, I am here because I didn't score as well as I wanted to :-).

There is some great info on this site! Looking forward to meeting more of you, and participating in the Forum.

I created a post in GMAT experience (I think --) but I'm not sure that's the correct place to post, so I may have to repost somewhere else... still trying to navigate, and figure out where everything should go.

Apologize before hand, if I post anything incorrectly. Please let me know if there is something wrong, and guide me to the right place... will really appreciate it!

I am very excited to be here!

Regards,
Sangita.
Intern
Intern

hii to all [#permalink] New post 18 May 2006, 03:27
hi....

i m kamal... from new delhi (india) ... almost 1.5 yr of exp in IT (software..travel domain)

keen in giving GMAT for the first time ..in oct-nov... hopefully to get the next summer session ....

would like to knw more abt GMAT so will search the forum .. and comehere evryday ...

hoping that i will get rite guidance.....also lookin for study partners...

thnks :)

Kamal

Intern
Intern

Ajay from Chicago [#permalink] New post 22 May 2006, 11:49
Hi All,

I am Ajay from Chicago. I have about 4 years of work experience in total and I work currently at AllState Insurance in Chicago.

I plan to take the GMAT in Oct and am targetting a score of 700+.

My school preferences would be University of Chicago or Kellogs.

I am planning to do a Part-Time MBA.

Hope to get all the help from folks at gmatclub to improve my score and am willing to help the forum members in whatever way I can.
Ajay from Chicago   [#permalink] 22 May 2006, 11:49