Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

thanks God I'm not alone!!! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2005, 15:15
Hi there!j Am just very glad that at last somebody brave who was not great from the beginning would finally get a recompence! I started to work "seriously" on my Gmat couple of weeks ago and did my diagnostic Test with Kaplan Center in Paris. the results were horrible and i mean it.. :cry: Verbal is all right but Math.. oh, God i didn't realise i forgot everything since high school!! just discovered your greets.. did you you manage to pass it? i wish i saw it earlier as i am in Paris too! good luck anyways, all my best!!!
wait for your reply
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Thanks God i'm not alone!! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2005, 15:22
Hi there! Am just very glad that at last somebody as brave as Chantal who was not great from the beginning would finally get a recompence! I started to work "seriously" on my Gmat couple of weeks ago and did my diagnostic Test with Kaplan Center in Paris. the results were horrible and i mean it.. :cry: Verbal is all right but Math.. oh, God i didn't realise i forgot everything since high school!! just discovered your greets.. did you you manage to pass it? i wish i saw it earlier as i am in Paris too! good luck anyways and all my best!!!

P.S. Thank you very much guys, this site is a real treasure for me!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2005, 08:16
Hi my name is Rupin
and i just graduated last year with a BS in Econ. Want to go back to school next year; am planning on taking my GMAT in May 2005 and neither can i decide on what i want to study nor where i want to do it. I just know that i dont enjoy working, except the getting paid part. Love Finance, want to get into venture capital, and am considering an MS in Finance before doing an MBA a few years down the line.
Ohh and i work at the International Monetary Fund as a Research Economist
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2005, 04:56
This post received
KUDOS
Hello, my name is Kwasi.
i have a BA in Econs and worked in Investment Mgt for a year. Now in Commercial Banking.
I'm hoping to ace the GMAT to offset some issues with my GPA. I also think i'm the first African on the board...(or you can prove me wrong :wink: )
I've enjoyed browsing this board for quite some time but i think it's time to get more active since i will be taking the GMAT by the end of this month.
Good luck to all :!:

It's not over until it's OVER!

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2005, 04:27
I am a regular visitor of this site. A friend had told me about this site last year when I was preparing for my GMAT. Although I never posted anything here.
I gave my GMAT in Oct, scored 620 (my aim was 700). I had almost dropped my plans of doing MBA this year.

About myself: BE electrical from Pune University in 2001 and working in IT since then (will have 4 years exp by July 2005)

Enjoy
Suchi
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2005, 02:11
Hi want to reach out to a score of 760-800 ...any thing between these would do. Look forwards to persue a one year MBA proframme -INSEAD and the likes.
Background- Graduation in English hons. My weakness is Maths I left it when I was in class X. I am i a fix would request you guys tio help me chalk out a plan to study maths. Verbal is ok....can work on it i think... but need external help for maths.
came to know about this site from friends.
planning to give GMAT in May/ June...
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP pls.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Hi y'all [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2005, 10:26
My name is prema. I live in Philadelphia, but I am originally from India. I just quit my job in advertising research, as the firm I was working for, was a start up and did not have enough funds to pull stuff through well. I want to pursue an second MBA (already have one from India). I am retaking the GMAT in a few weeks. I am targeting a score of 650 and above. I have 7+ years of work ex. in Strategy & Planning (Marketing). I hope to go to school either Fall 2005 or Fall 2006. Looking at a ranked program preferably Stern, Penn State, Babson or Georgetown. I took GMAT once before and didn't really give it a serious attempt. My score was 550 which really discouraged me. But this forum is great and has really encouraged me to put in that extra effort. I want to give my GMAT a serious attempt and will be posting my experiences and problem areas over the next few weeks. :)
Intern
Intern

Study Plan [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2005, 22:29
Hi,
I am presently working in the marketing division of a media group..work as usual drains me out towards the end of the day...can u pls advice on how much time is ok to spend on a daily basis on studies.
Also, I have princeton, Kaplan, ETS , Barrons, Nova & Arcos guides & CD's.
My maths is pathetic and verbal,RC etc are average. Pls suggest me how do I go about charting out the plan. Which guide I should study first and when should I take full length tests? Do I start with a particular subject first and study section wise or do every thing simultaneously...pls advice.
regarding Maths I have forgotten every thing and have to start from the scratch...is there any good material on basics of Maths.
My RC is very average...I read in my mind and some times chew on the words and say them aloud in the mind. This makes the RC slow.How do I improve it???How much should I read daily???

I have not yet taken any date of GMAT, want to take it once i am at a decent score.Want to go for one year MBA course.
tnx
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2005, 15:04
Hello,
I'm a Sr. manager in an IT software company. Needless to say, I hv a very hectic work schedule. I have a engineering background - although it's been quite a while since I graduated. I will be taking my exam in May.
My saga with preparing for the exam has been a long & arduous one - in a nut shell, I've started and given up several times, primarily due to work demands and family obligations. :( This time, however, I happened to get the link to GMAT Club and, much to my surprise, I hv manged to stay on track.
This site has been a PHENOMENAL source of inspiration and support during tough & doubtful times. Thanks to everyone who has posted both their triumphs and tribulations.

ssap.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2005, 16:15
So I take the test tomorrow folks. Cue horror music.

I will post in the "Experience" section either tomorrow or over the weekend.

Good luck to everyone - and if i may be so bold - Good luck to myself!!!
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2005, 18:31
Caspace wrote:
So I take the test tomorrow folks. Cue horror music.

I will post in the "Experience" section either tomorrow or over the weekend.

Good luck to everyone - and if i may be so bold - Good luck to myself!!!

Good luck caspace. :gl
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

new member [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2005, 10:20
Dear All
Just joined GMAT club and I am very impressed and have a very good feeling about this forum. It’s good to have contact to people who are having the same objectives and, of course, the same fears and doubts.
I studied engineering in Brazil and worked for 1.5 years there in a big chemical company. Afterwards I moved to Germany for 9 months and then life brought me to Switzerland where I am living now for 1 year. Although I studied engineering, I work in the finance department and have a good job here but time has come to continue my education. I will try a MBA / finance master’s ....let’s see. Of course, first step on this long journey is the GMAT.
Coming to that, I just starting to study for the GMAT and yes, it is very hard to really get motivation and stamina to study hours and hours specially when you work full time.
I hope I can contribute to this forum and will try to actively participate.
Best regards,Tobias
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 19:59
Hi all,

I was referred by someone on the BW MBA forum. I guess they got annoyed that i kept posting GMAT question on there when all they think about is which of the top 5 schools are better. Anyways, enough with the rambling...

My name is Kit and I'm located in Baltimore. I just graduated in May 04 and I want to get my GMAT out of the way so I can focus on my career. I took both Kaplan and P.R. sample tests and got 500 on both (Althought I question the validity since I got more questions correct in both math and verbal.) I'm shooting for 700+ so I can try to get into one of the MBA programs in CA, where the sun is at.

I'm excited to find this place and I hope we can work together to achieve our destiny!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2005, 11:09
I've been planning to take GMAT for quite some time now. I have not figured out yet what I want to do post MBA but I just really want to improve my business skills and possibly expand my professional options. I think I would like to focus on accounting in MBA. But like I said, it remains to be determined :)
Right now I'm working as a financial analyst in M&A department of a big healthcare company. I don't really want to do M&A anymore.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2005, 22:14
Hello Everyone,

I'm Andrew from the Los Angeles Area. I've been lurking on this board for a couple weeks now after finding the link from the BW site, and now I am addicted to both sites. My stats are 580 1st attempt, 3.5 cal poly pomona architecture undergrad, 3.6 UCLA masters in urban planning, 3 years w/e in real estate development, very light extracurriculars. Planning to apply to start '06, reach school is Berkeley, will apply to SC, UCLA and a couple safety schools. i look forward to learning and contributing as much as i can here. Planning to take a 2nd attempt in Mid-July......
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2005, 07:55
Hi all
Got to know of this forum recently from another MBA forum for ISB, India. My profile: Software Engineer working with one of the top 3 IT firms in India for the last 3 yrs,currently in US for an assignment.
I plan to take my GMAT sometime in June & plan to apply for the 2006 session. I think my Verbal & Quant are pretty much ok. Only CR needs a little bit brushing up.. Scored a 650 on a Kaplan diagnostic test conducted recently. Would surely love to get opinions from the incumbents how to crack GMAT comprehensively. Am targetting 700+ scores..

Ciao :)
Wannabe Mba
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2005, 08:10
Hi all
Got to know of this forum recently from another MBA forum for ISB, India. My profile: Software Engineer working with one of the top 3 IT firms in India for the last 3 yrs,currently in US for an assignment.
I plan to take my GMAT sometime in June & plan to apply for the 2006 session. I think my Verbal & Quant are pretty much ok. Only CR needs a little bit brushing up.. Scored a 650 on a Kaplan diagnostic test conducted recently. Would surely love to get opinions from the incumbents how to crack GMAT comprehensively. Am targetting 700+ scores..

Ciao :)
Wannabe Mba
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2005, 01:29
Hello all,

I found this site by sheer coincidence while I was looking for input about the GMAT. I am pursuing the MBA track, as an alternative to a second undergrad degree, to become a CPA. With this in mind, my school of choice is not top tier, which is just what I want. My undergrad and M.A. are in foreign languages and literatures. I have taken the GMAT once before, back in the day when it was a paper test. Result: I bombed it miserably. My GMAT goal today is the same as it was years ago: a 560 or better. I know that, to most, that is a cakewalk, but it would make me the happiest person in the world. The problem with this test is the time factor. I am a marathon runner, not a sprinter, and the clock puts me right out of my element. For the past month, I have been using the ETS guide. I am looking into buying an LSAT book for additional verbal practice (do any of the CEOs in here know of a good one?). I am saving the Kaplan guide until after my first attempt; since I may take a Kaplan class, I am afraid I would study the guide before the prep course. Last but not least, I will not forget to tap into some of the practice tests in this great site! I have until August 10 to get my score, so wish me luck!

Good luck to all, :gl
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

And this time in the right forum... [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2005, 06:41
Hi!
I'm Steve, a Brit living in Paris and also currently suffering from GMAT addiction...been working for 7 years in the tourism field, and looking to apply either to IE, ESADE (Spain) or Schulich in Canada.

Gave the test a go today, and it proved that my 6 weeks of study just wasn't enough, as my maths was atrocious! What really surprised me was a verbal score of 31 when I felt I'd been doing well....

Glad I did it though, as I've taken away a lot of pointers for the next round - in a month's time.

Key one: GET YOUR TIMING RIGHT, DUMBO! :roll:

There is more to life than GMAT!

Intern
Intern

Intro [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2005, 06:44
Hi all,

I'm arun. I am a business analyst with one of the leading electronics retailers in dubai. I took the GMAT in October and scored a 640 :( . Plannin to give it again in a couple months and will be applying to bschools for 2006 intake.

arun
Intro   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2005, 06:44