Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2015, 02:37
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 06 May 2011, 13:37
hi. just started posting here a few days ago.

im a 27 yo male, looking to make a career change. im currently stuck in what seems to be a dead end (non core business related support, or HR ;-)) job at a respectable financial institution, and looking for a way out!

thats where an MBA comes in. im historically a horrible underachiever (poor HS performance, which led to little known undergrad program) and the habit has snowballed into where I am today. so currently working on getting a 700+ GMAT score, hopefully to turn this ship around.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 645 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 08:14
Hi greghopkins01, welcome to the club!

Best of luck for your GMAT endavour & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
WE 1: 3 yrs f/t manager in aerospace (IT - Commercial - Int'l Mktg)
WE 2: 5 yrs freelance consultant to Gov't
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 14:45
greghopkins01 wrote:
hi. just started posting here a few days ago.

im a 27 yo male, looking to make a career change. im currently stuck in what seems to be a dead end (non core business related support, or HR ;-)) job at a respectable financial institution, and looking for a way out!

thats where an MBA comes in. im historically a horrible underachiever (poor HS performance, which led to little known undergrad program) and the habit has snowballed into where I am today. so currently working on getting a 700+ GMAT score, hopefully to turn this ship around.

Welcome - I wish you success! :)

Blogging my way through the applications/study process!!
http://mbahorizons.blogspot.com/

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 12:17
thx
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 12:40
hi! i just joined today and have been looking at taking the gmat for quite some time.

i'm a 23 year old female, looking to make a career change. i graduated college with a bachelor's degree in history with two minors in english & criminology. i was very lazy in the beginning of college and quit pursuing accounting due to a million prereqs to get into the state college's program. (now you can enter the BS at acceptance to the university) i currently work as an admin and really want to start working with numbers..

i've scored pretty decently before on standardized tests & hope with a lot of hardwork i can score well enough to enter an mba program. i still avidly read and although my grammar may not be perfect (sometimes i enjoy one too many commas), i am hoping my liberal arts background will translate in to verbal success! i'm trying to get into an mba program specializing in accounting for people who are not business/accounting majors...

any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! hello all :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 13:27
Name is Sam, just recently graduated and start work in the IT consulting business. Looking to take my first GMAT in the beginning of July. I've gone through the Princeton Review book and Working on the OG book (burgundy) . Looking forward to learn more about other people's strategies. The butterflies of the test is starting to fly around, but this site is helping me greatly. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 14 May 2011, 14:12
Hey everyone

My name is Jason and I'm 23 years old. I signed up yesterday but I've been lurking for the past week. I have a BS in business admin and minor in marketing. I plan on taking the GMAT around august or September. I've found so much helpful info here I would have never known otherwise. I downloaded the free iPhone app and have really started to dive into all of the studying. I cant wait to see what else I find on this site you guys have really created an amazing place

Posted from my mobile device Image
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 134

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 14 May 2011, 23:33
Hi all
Heard about this from a colleague, it seems to be an unbelievably good resource. I have already taken the GMAT twice last year (Jan 2nd and Feb 5th), in a huge rush as I was transferring between jobs and wanted to get it over with. This strategy proved to be hugely foolish (not surprisingly), and I'm sitting on 640 both times, with my quant dropping the second time.

I have been studying more consistently this time, going over basics, buying high school math books where necessary etc. Took my first GMAC test the other day and scored a 710, definitely inflated because of some OG 12 questions, but it was a confidence booster.

Also, I had taken the Princeton Review course in New Delhi last year, and my entire batch was very disappointed. I also had bought access to Manhattan's tests & a brief 2 week subscription to Knewton tests, but am wondering if I should repurchase anything else as blind practice didn't help. If anybody would like to contact me on my experience with these Prep courses, please feel free

It would be great to connect with anybody who has advice for retakers. I have been seeing some of the older posts on this topic and they're quite fantastic.
-Ash

How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 12:38
hello everyone,

I am Aakash :) i am working for a mnc IT company, now preparing for GMAT.
Retired Moderator

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 19:45
Hi akashhongal, welcome to gmat club & best of luck for your D day.

[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 299 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 04:40
Hello everyone!
Mahtab from Canada :D. I came to Canada from Bangladesh when I was nine years old. Currently I am 19 (turning 20 on August).

I want to do my GMAT since I've got free time and I absolutely love the type of questions in GMAT overall (a bit nerdy, I know). I had an internship with a fortune 500 company last summer and right now I am an intern for Canadian National Railway (Canada's biggest railroad company, almost like a monopoly). I am doing my undergrad in Civil Engineering and I hope to contribute at least a fraction of what I extract from this very resourceful forum!

Powerscore CR Bible Full Chapter Notes | Easily Extend Vocabulary List with Google Dictionary

Please kudo me if you found my post useful. Thanks!!! :)

Retired Moderator

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 04:50
Hi Mahtab, welcome to gmat club.

There are tons of resources available here. I hope you would find all the help from fellow members.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

I Can, I Will

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 13

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 11:54
Hi everyone,

Im relatibely new.. Came here just through google.. Am having a really hard time on gmat math section but i already feel supported here.. Thanks.. Mostly active on verbal cuz thats all i can do haha.. Math is really a pain in my ***
Good luck everyone
Retired Moderator

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 20:11
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 28 May 2011, 06:59
Hi, I'm Lauren. I currently work as an internal auditor for a mutual fund transfer agency. I would like to get my MBA with a concentration in non-profit organizations. However, I have a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts), was not given a GPA due to the large number of Pass/Fail courses, and have not taken a math class since junior year in high school (almost 13 years ago).

Clearly, I have my work cut out for me. :lol: I am up for the challenge though! I would like to get a 650 on the GMAT. I took a GMATprep test yesterday and got a 550 (30Q 35V I think). I really need to work on all the concepts of math, but I think my goal is pretty attainable. I am also planning on taking some business-related math courses at a local community college to hopefully beef up my educational experience.

I don't know what schools I want to apply to yet. I have a lot of preparation to do before I can think about applying, but I figured joining here would be a good step towards getting the process started. Just waiting for my books to come from Amazon and I'll be ready to go!
Intern
Intern

Hello there [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 01:06
Hello there Friends,
Just joined the gang. Hope to have good time here.

luv
Riya
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 335

Kudos [?]: 914 [0], given: 8

Re: hi there [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 13:11
Expert's post
smandalika wrote:
Hi ,
My name is satish. I have a bachelors in Computer science. I have about 8 + yrs of experience in the s/w consulting business. my ideal GMAT score would be mid 700's and considering my current scores (I scored a paltry 600 on my Kaplan assessment test), I have a long way to go. I love consulting business and would like to switch to management consulting from software consulting, not that I have any experience in it, but what the heck theres gotto be a first time. My ideal schools are Berkley , Fuqua. I would like to improve upon my verbal skills. SC in particular. Good luck preparing for GMAT guys. Lets all kick some GMAT butt

Ciao

Hi smandalika,
Welcome! I noticed you are interested in management consulting. Well, from a former management consultant, I recommend you read this article on the GMAT and how it relates to a career in management consulting.

SC is the easiest to improve in the short term. Reading may take a little longer---these RC videos may help.

Enjoy!

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 04:32
Hey guys,

I`ve been lurking for a while. After about 3 months of studying, about to take my first (and hopefully last) shot at the GMAT on Monday, June 6th!

I`m currently in strategy/management consulting, after having spent a couple of years doing M&A at a large Brazilian industrial group. Getting my MBA has always been one of my goals - let`s see how the GMAT goes so I can start thinking a little bit more about school selection.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UNC Duke Kellogg
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 4

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 17:57
Hey everyone..I have been reading the forums for the last several weeks. I just started seriously preparing for the GMAT. There is so much useful information here about study plans and strategies. It's really nice to see so many highly highly motivated people and of course thanks for sharing!
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V0
GMAT 2: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 3: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 88937

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 13:20
hi guys. i'm a undergrad senior (grad dec 2011) at a small (ranked) private university. i wasn't planning on getting a MBA degree until just recently..... totally screwed up my gpa from carelessness.. currently have a 3.2. really want to go to bu for ms/mba dual degree. i'm currently 22 and the college has said (verbatim) "the average age of students accepted into dual degree programs is higher." thus should i hold off on applying? ideally would want to go when i'm 25. when should i start studying for gmats? i'm horrible with math. went up to highschool alg2 and college statistics. thanks!
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2011, 13:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  65    Next  [ 1296 posts ]