Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tepper '15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi,

i am from India, working as software developer since last six years

i am planning for GMAT 2012. preparing hard on sentence correction; however want to improve reading comprehension(reading econmist) and i could answer almost all questions from OG12 right for CR.

my target is 700+; good in quant but want to do better - especially in number problems (like find out maximum number of even factors etc),probability and geometry. so want to study on these kinds of problems and problems which occur in quant section for 700+ scores in GMAT. looking to learn from gmat experts on this forum.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey my name is Tony. I am currently a Political Science Major at Mansfield University, A small state University in Pennsylvania. I plan on transferring to a different college after this semester, and Majoring in Marketing or Finance. I have an incredibly strong interest in business and I believe that business school would be the best approach in making myself successful for the future, and it would provide a good foundation for my various interest. If you would like to get to know me better, add me on Facebook (Message me for my link) or feel free to message me on here. I am a sophomore right now, but I feel as though that business school is my calling. When I started reading about all the different options that are available to you upon completing business school and earning an MBA, it captivated me and made my desire for business even more entwined in my life. I would be honored to get to know each and every one of you, and if you have a similar background, please message me so I can get to know you a little better!

Thank you so much,
-Tony
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hey guys,

Well, I've been a lurker on this site for about the past 3-4 months, so maybe it's time that I introduce myself. ^.^ I'm 24, currently working in an investment firm, and am hoping to take the GMAT in mid-March. I originally was going to take it in February, but after taking my 2nd MGMAT CAT this weekend, I'm going to push it off a little longer. I scored a 540, which isn't TERRIBLE (got a 420 on my first go-around), but just like everyone else, I am looking to join the 700+ club as my goal is to get into University of Texas at Austin's Masters of Accounting program.

I've been doing a lot of MGMAT Prep (I bought the entire set), which seems to be working well for me. I think the reason I started off SO low was because I hadn't TOUCHED math since high school, so I needed time to refresh and gain my momentum back. Anyway, I'll probably continue lurking until after I take the exam, and I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. In the meantime, any other advice would be welcome!!

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the GMAT Club and found the site about a week ago. I'm 24, a recent Marketing/Management undergraduate (minor in Int'l Bus) living abroad in South Korea. I have been browsing through recently, found some very helpful posts on where to get started, what not to do, what fiction books would be best to read, etc.

My goal is to take the GMAT before I leave Korea in June, and not take the new version coming out. I would like to score a 700. Since I don't have a time constraint, and don't have any other real commitments outside of work, I am willing to put in the time and effort to make this happen.

Also, prep books I have ordered include:
The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible: A Comprehensive System for Attacking the GMAT Critical Reasoning QuestionsKaplan GMAT 2012 Premier with CD-ROM
The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition
Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fourth Edition

I plan to take the GMATPrep to found out where I rank right now this weekend and start building my study plan from there.

Thank you to everyone who has made this website such a great resource. Your hard work is much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Hi !! my self Snigdha i am from india am a law graduate currently working with a company in delhi ... i am newbie here and i wanted to give gmat around september m looking for admissions in 2013 .... i have heard the old format is better then the new one .. any insights about that ???? this would then help me to speed up my prep for GMAT if have to give it before june.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V33
GPA: 2.93
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Good Day!

I have been sniffing around here for the past months from time to time and just just took the GMAT on sunday with insufficient prep time.

Reschulded for May to achieve >700.

The dream is one-year MBA at Kellogg. Emory and Notre Dame also have interesting accelerated options.

Background is BA International Management. 27 at matriculation. 6 years with one of the oil supermajors. Quiet international (5 languages) with a semester abroad, volunteering, foreign placement, high school scholar exchange...

Nice to make the step from reader to writer - all the best for you guys.
Ben
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 04-21-2012
Send PM
Good Evening everyone.

Im new to the forum but it came highly recommended to me by a good friend of mine. I plan on taking the GMAT in mid-late April (ill decide within the next two weeks on a specific date). Im 28 years old with a BS in IE. I honestly havent studied or done this kind of work since undergrad but my goal is to get greater than 720 on the GMAT.

I took a practice exam a few months ago without doing any studying from Manhattan GMAT and I got a Q35/V34, with a projected score of 580... So i have a bit of work to do but I am confident that i can get it done with a lot of hard work.

I look forward to participating in the forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good day one and all...

I found this fine place through your friendly neighborhood Google search. I just decided to apply to business school to increase my skill set, and marketability. I have a degree in History/Political Science (from about 20 years ago), and I am sure I am going to need to study/knock the cobwebs off all the stuff required to do reasonably well. I am not shooting for anything spectacular, merely an above average score, which I should be more than capable of doing. Hope to get some good tips, and resources for this little adventure, and I plan on facing the exam for real sometime in the April/May timeframe.

John
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
I graduated from Vanderbilt in '11, just began preparing for the GMAT and hoping to get it out of the way. I haven't thought much about an MBA, but it seems like something that may be useful in the future.

Originally posted by geometric on 16 Jan 2012, 20:13.
Last edited by geometric on 27 Mar 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Fellow members

I am Ajay from India. I am an Electrical Engineer. I have been associated with a software firm for over three years now. I am planning to give GMAT before the format changes. I am targeting some good B-Schools here in India (ISB and SP Jain to mention a few ). I already gave GMAT once last year without any preparation whatsoever and scored 620. This time I am serious about it and I am starting my preparation from today. I gathered quite some information from the newbies threads and learnt some key points on the usage of Error logs, Notes, Timers so on and so forth.

I gave other management entrance tests for many Indian B-schools and have been trying to crack CAT(Common Admission Test) for 4 years now. I scored 87% this year which is again not upto my expectations. So I will write it for the 5th time again. The one very important lesson I learnt through these four years of preparation for entrance exams is that one should not always quantify one's result. I make a schedule, work according to it, measure my ability, if it doesn't work I will reschedule and re test until I improve. This instilled a lot of discipline into my life. So prepare to improve your quality of life. Persist with your plans. Work hard. As one of my favorite quotation goes "Hard work never goes unrewarded"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May the deserving win
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi friends,
I am Mohit S.Jain. I am math tutor in 522 Route 18, Suite 4 East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816.I searched this site from Google.I am glad to join this forum. I want to discuss my ideas with others. If anyone is facing any problem in math please tell me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi to everybody. I'm italian and I'm looking for a good MSc in Marketing, so i need to take the GMAT first. I'm very glad to discover this forum, seems to be perfect for newbies. I'll certainly ask you some advices!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hi all, fairly new to these forums. I'm an economics major and recent graduate from the University of Rochester who is hoping to do an MBA in the next 3-5 years.

My dream schools would be: Tuck, Anderson, Haas, or Stern. Ross and Fuqua are high up there, as well. I don't know if I'll have what it takes to get into these programs due to a fairly mediocre undergraduate gpa (due primarily to health reasons), but I will certainly give it my best effort.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Hello everyone. I found this site by just looking around on the internet for other applicants of the Master of Accounting Program at UNC Chapel Hill. I graduated from Winston-Salem State University in May 2008. I was a Business Management major. I just took the the GMAT and I do not do well at all. My goal is to get at least a 620.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
hello . i am from turkey and i will take GMAT at the end of next March. I recently started studying for it and the verbal section is the hardest part for me so far.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I've been a lurker on here for some time now. I am an Electrical Engineer here at Minneapolis. I have a graduate degree in Electrical Engineering but am looking to shift towards consulting/strategy in future. I have given myself 2 years to build up a considerable and marketable profile. I am shooting for one of Harvard/MIT/Wharton/Kellogg/INSEAD/LBS/Booth/Ross/Fuqua/Haas/Stern (will refine it as and when I do more research on these schools). I think I will give my GMAT in the beginning of 2013 or at the end of 2012. If there's anyone else from the Twin Cities area, message me. I'd love to catch up.

~K
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here for about a week and decided to introduce myself. I'm pumped on finding this website, truly has the best material all aggregated together. Such a great resource that makes studying alone a real possibility.

I'm currently finishing up my Master's in Biochemistry and I'm looking to take the GMAT in order to get into consulting/eventually get my MBA. Therefore my goal is to score around the 720 range. After taking my first practice test cold I scored 600. Most of my mistakes seemed to be on math that I simply had not seen in a while, and SC questions. I have a long way to go but have given myself about 3 months to reach my goal.

Voila! I'll hopefully be a very active member in these forums.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  66