Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: Q V0
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 15:42
Hi

M.S. Engineering from Tier 1 US school
myself 31 Operations manager at top MNC.
8 yrs work exp. in manufacturing and entrepreneurship ( owned consulting company for 4 yrs)
got 640 in 2nd attempt and wait listed and got dinged at booth.... retaking GMAT in May 2012
Planning to apply at Kellogg and Booth for Fall 2012 part-time program
As my background is engineering Quant is my strong area and Verbal need improvement.
target score is 700+

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Manchester Business School (MBS) - Class of 2012
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 09:10
Hey,

This a repost of another topic of mine as I couldn't see an intro section...

I am going to be studying on the Global MBA Program at Manchester University in the UK from July 2012 so thought I would start with preparation on networking and research etc. I'm 25 and currently employed by Hewlett-Packard in a project management role

I hope to speak with someone of you in the future
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 23:50
Hi,

I am 28 with an MBA in Marketing and Sales from One of the top B schools in India. Prior to that i did my BE in Electronics and Communications.

I am presently employed with Pepsico India in a territory manager position.
I am considering July-2013 as a date to join a MBA class of INSEAD or LBS by that time i will have a 5 yr WE post MBA.

I am one of the founding members of an NGO in my city and also participate in social service activities in my free time. I am also a member for fund raising committee for an old age home.

I have no international experience whatsoever but my desire is to work in the field of International strategy and management after graduating from INSEAD.

I am targeting a 700+ score in my GMAT.
Will INSEAD consider my profile?

I am presently starting with brushing my skills up for quants and verbal and planning to give GMAT 4 months from now.

I have heard great things about the club from my friends and i am looking forward to work with everyone in this forum.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 10:44
Hi ... I did my B.tech in Information and Communication Technology in India. Have been working in Microsoft for the 5+ years since graduation. Gave my GMAT in 2009 once but performed well below by expectation of 720+ (scored a 650). I was doing well before the exam on my prep tests(averaged 720) but didn't work out on the exam day. Giving my GMAT again this year in june before the new IR section is introduced. Planning to bump my score to 700+ this time around.My major pain points are SC and RC in that order. Charted down a plan using the GMAT Club plans .... and all i need now is to sit down and sweat it out. so wish me luck :-D !!
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 07-25-2012

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 25

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 01:13
Hi to everyone,

I am new here and I registered because I need to pass the GMAT with above 650 in 2 months time. The reason I need the GMAT is that I was accepted for a PhD program at Erasmus University Rotterdam. However, the start of the program is contingent on me passing this test.

In short, I have two months to prepare while also finishing my Research Master courses and working part time. I am not sure which strategy for studying to follow but I am sure this club/forum will help me :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Laura
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 18:26
Hi all...

I might be one of the old timers here... especially when my graduation date (1993) isn't listed in the profile. :)

I'm 42 living in the north Atlanta suburbs (Cumming) with my family. I am considering taking the GMAT & getting an MBA because I feel that it help my career. Not so much for my current job (Accounting Manager) or the next one... but the one after that.

I also have an active CPA license, so I am wondering if going for the MBA makes any sense.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 137

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 07:38
Hello all,
I am Maximiliano, 29 years old, from Argentina, Rosario. I have a business degree (accountancy) and I am finishing a master in Finance in Argentina (I am working on my thesis). I work in a commodities broker doing research. Before I have worked as an accountant for Ernst & Young and as a trader for a proprietary trading firm.

Here in Argentina (and after the lasts rules dictated by the "government") the possibilities of growth in my campus are very limited. In addittion, I have some personal business projects that may be I could develop in USA. I have lived in New York City for 2 months and visited a lot of university campus, Columbia, New York Stern, Harvard (Boston), etc.
My goal is to "pass" the GMAT with 700 and apply to top 20 MBA schools. That´s my dream.
Recently I have taken the TOEFL (95 points in the exam, may be I will take it again after the GMAT) and now I have decided to begin preparing the GMAT.

I am worried about the time available to study for the GMAT. I work 10 hours a day and sometimes in weekends and then I have very limited time. I would like to dedicate 3 months for the exam, but I feel that it is very difficult given my schedule restrictions. I am planning to prepare it with the best institute here in Argentina.

I found this forum by chance looking information for the GMAT and I think it very helpful for all of us. I hope that in some months I could help you with tips and advices like the ones you are giving to me now.

Thank you and best regards,

Maximiliano

Encourage cooperation! If this post was very useful, kudos are welcome ;)
"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It's successful outcome" William James

Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:43
I have a BS in Computer Science from an unknown school and I'm looking to enroll in a reputable MBA program that will help propel my career. I currently work as an IT professional and have been in the field for over 7 years, having completed undergrad about 8 years ago. So far the job market has been kind, however I'd to secure a little more stability (or at least the sense of it). I look forward to meeting other like minded individuals.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 00:32
Hi,
I am a software professional working for almost 3 years. I started GMAT preparation on January 2012. during first 2 months I have practiced the books and GMAT club questions. Now planning for thr GMAT on somewhere June 2012. I just want to know that how can I practice the same way GMAT appears, means online or through practice CD for the GMAT.
I have the aspiration of score 740.
I just want to know what should be the way to achieve this from now on? what should be the practice approach from now? I have evaluated myself to find that I am scorinf almost half in every verbal or quant as well.(scoring half of the answers correctly).
I think that I need the full time exam experience for 4 hours long, a number of times.
Can you suggest me more??
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 82

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 02:35
sandipan83 wrote:
Hi,
I am a software professional working for almost 3 years. I started GMAT preparation on January 2012. during first 2 months I have practiced the books and GMAT club questions. Now planning for thr GMAT on somewhere June 2012. I just want to know that how can I practice the same way GMAT appears, means online or through practice CD for the GMAT.
I just want to know what should be the way to achieve this from now on? what should be the practice approach from now? I have evaluated myself to find that I am scorinf almost half in every verbal or quant as well.(scoring half of the answers correctly).
I think that I need the full time exam experience for 4 hours long, a number of times.

Hello everybody , I am a non-native junior student and I am going to take GMAT in 50 days . I have read some tips in the experience box and I hope that they will help me a lot in this tough battle.
@sandipan: Take the GMAT prep to know your position now. You should do the full test to increase your stamina (except AWA until 1 month before your registered test date) and analyze what are your strengths as well as your weaknesses. Revising regularly is recommended.

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Other)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 23

Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 09:17
hellscream wrote:
sandipan83 wrote:
Hi,

Hello everybody , I am a non-native junior student and I am going to take GMAT in 50 days . I have read some tips in the experience box and I hope that they will help me a lot in this tough battle.
@sandipan: Take the GMAT prep to know your position now. You should do the full test to increase your stamina (except AWA until 1 month before your registered test date) and analyze what are your strengths as well as your weaknesses. Revising regularly is recommended.

Welcome aboard :) ... as for as testing your nerve is concerned you can do that with Gmat prep software test (downloadable form mba.com- you do not need to wait for CD to arrive :wink: )... but be sure enough to not exhaust both of your tests before you are confident enough for the battle! (you can/should safely keep one for the later evaluation as these tests are by far the best resources available and you would not to waste both of them at early stage of your prep). Scroll over the forum you should be able to find many strategies... but I would request you to devise your own (you will realise this later or sooner- sooner you do better for you :P ). if you have any specific questions, please drop by...

My GMAT Journey 540->680->730!

~ When the going gets tough, the Tough gets going!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q28 V38
GPA: 2.54
WE: Accounting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 04:37
Hello everybody!

I have been poking around these boards for the last few months and thought I would stop by and say hello. I am 28, and worked as controller for a Hospice based in Atlanta, GA. Graduated college from the University of Alabama and recently was laid off of the same job because we went through an M&A so I am pounding out the GMAT full time before my severance package runs out.

Looking to revamp my study plan and become a more active participant on the forums.

Thanks,
Hunter

4/28 GMATPrep 42Q 36V 640

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 01:17
Hi! after getting some really useful info from the posts here I have to say hello and thanks to all people helping others improve their GMAT.
I'm from Spain, BS in Mech. Eng., currently working for a top tier international consulting firm in Spain and preparing GMAT for August (I hope)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 08:00
Hey everybody.

I am from New Delhi, India. Thanks to the various threads and guides on GMATClub, I scored 700 on the GMAT. Still deliberating whether to retake it though! I am going for a Masters in Management course this September.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-02-2012
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 21:31
Hi Guys,

My name is Umesh and I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and over 3 years of Exp now in an IT company. I had already written the GMAT about a year back and got a score of 520. Now I have applied for it again on May-2nd and I have a 13 days left for my prep. The last time I took the GMAT my score was 590 and that was last week. My aim is to get 720. And I think this forum will help me to do it.

Adios

Will post back in the forum once I get that 720.
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 09:49
Hello, all! My name is Edward. I'm 24 and live in Washington, DC (technically across the river in Virginia). I am not certain yet if I'm going to take the GMAT or not. I'm currently studying hard for my LSAT (law school admissions test) in October. The reason I'm visiting the GMAT Club site is because I'm considering the JD/MBA option. Ideally, I'd like to get into a good law school first, and then perhaps take the GMAT and see if I can gain admission to their business school. I'm not totally sold on the idea, but I still want to keep the option open by taking the GMAT. I might start studying for the GMAT if I get a good (170+) LSAT score in October. From my understanding, taking the GMAT is a lot more flexible than taking the LSAT, which is only administered four times a year (and you can only take it 3 times in 2 years). I have a question: does it look bad to take the GMAT multiple times to get your best score? I know that a lot of the very top law schools (Harvard, Columbia, NYU, which are my three preferred options) look at one's LSAT average instead of just at their top score. Is the GMAT like this?

I graduated in '09 with an English degree from a VA state school that is alright, but nothing spectacular (JMU). Back then, I wasn't too focused on education/work prestige, but ever since getting a job at a paralegal at a top national law firm here in DC, I've developed the goal of wanting to be a lawyer. Luckily I had a pretty solid GPA (3.73) in college, so getting into a top law school is a possibility.

What makes me think about a JD/MBA is the possibility of A) learning more about business, which is something I don't have too much knowledge about otherwise, B) an MBA helping me with job options upon exit from the BigLaw firm I plan to work at post-law school, and C) the possibility of a signing bonus/higher first-year pay for a JD/MBA at a BigLaw firm, as well as the added experience and knowledge that an MBA will bring to corporate law.

From what I've heard on the Top-Law-Schools[dot com] forums, studying for the LSAT is also beneficial for the GMAT, so I'm hoping to take the GMAT soon after taking my LSAT in October. So I'm coming here to do a little research on the GMAT, as well as business schools and business jobs in general. JD/MBA programs that I'm looking at include: Chicago (this would probably be my top one), U-Penn (not sure I could get into Wharton), Northwestern, Michigan, Duke, Cornell, Columbia, and NYU.

Nice to join you guys here! It seems like a great Web site, and the GMAT/b-school equivalent of TLS (Top Law Schools dot com), which is a phenomenal resource for me as well.

Edward
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 20:59
Hello all -

Preparing for GMAT took me to this site. Looks interesting. Lots of relevant content!

I am working with the largest media house in India.

Looking forward to productive discussions, useful suggestions & network with GMAT aspirants.

Target - 720.

Cheerz!!
dpk
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 21:35
Hi, i'm mikey. I'm contemplating mba as an option so thinking of the gmat. i'm a investment trader - an industry where everyone usually stays but not so much jumping around. Just curious what's out there and want to have (in trader's terms) an option =D
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 05:27
deepaknagpal13 wrote:
Hello all -

Preparing for GMAT took me to this site. Looks interesting. Lots of relevant content!

I am working with the largest media house in India.

Looking forward to productive discussions, useful suggestions & network with GMAT aspirants.

Target - 720.

Cheerz!!
dpk

Hey, dpk. I'm new here too. Any idea of what schools you want to get into with that 720? Were you born and raised in India?

It's interesting to me that the GMAT seems to be taken around the world.

Edward
Intern
Intern

Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 05:37
mikeynyc wrote:
Hi, i'm mikey. I'm contemplating mba as an option so thinking of the gmat. i'm a investment trader - an industry where everyone usually stays but not so much jumping around. Just curious what's out there and want to have (in trader's terms) an option =D

Hey, mikey. How do you like investment trading? I take it from your user name that you work in NYC? Planning on staying in the area?

I don't know too much about business myself, as I work at a law firm and never took any business classes in college, so it's nice to read on here and find out a little bit more information.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2012, 05:37