Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 148

Kudos [?]: 923 [3] , given: 882

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 06:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 08:56
Hello Everyone !! Anyone in for round 1 ??
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 10:41
Hey!
I am applying for round 1.

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 10:45
I am done with the SOP , but still struggling with the integrity essay !! Any suggestions
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 11:08
I am also writing the Integrity essay. I must say it is unusual.
The best advice I can say is just write what you feel. I don't think there is a right answer to such subjective questions.

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 152 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 18:37
This post received
KUDOS
A description of application materials is as follows:

Completed Online Graduate School Application
All sections of the Graduate School online application must be completed in order for the application to be submitted.
Essay Question (For Fall 2014 Class and Beyond)

One essay question must be completed within the online application. For ease of review, please include the essay question itself above the text of your question response.
You are required to complete and submit the Statement of Purpose, along with ONE required essay (there is an optional essay).
Statement of Purpose (500 words max): Please submit a statement introducing yourself to the admissions committee. Some topics you may wish to discuss include:
a. Brief academic and professional background
b. Reason for seeking an MBA or Master’s degree at Purdue
c. Desired career path after graduation
d. Your thoughts on giving back as a student and as an alumnus
Required Essay: Integrity (500 words max): What does integrity mean to you? How does integrity relate to building communities of trust in academic, personal and professional settings? What expectations should Purdue have towards its students with regards to academic integrity? What consequences should students who do not uphold these standards face?
Optional Essay: (250 words max): If you feel there are any parts of your application that require additional explanation, or if there is any additional information you wish to share with the admissions committee, please use this optional essay as an opportunity to do so.
Two Recommendations

Recommendations will only be accepted by submitting through the online application (no paper recommendations will be accepted). We prefer that recommenders be employers who are able to render an opinion on the basis of close, current, and sustained observation. We strongly urge (but do not require) that one recommendation be from your direct supervisor. Recommendations from friends, family members, acquaintances, and other sources unable to evaluate professional or academic qualifications for MBA study are not acceptable. No more than two recommendations are needed. We require your recommenders to submit the recommendations online (instructions to do so are provided within the online application). Please note that we will not receive your application until your recommendations have been submitted through the online application.
Academic Transcripts

Two official transcripts from each college or university you have attended as a registered student are required as part of your application. Download the Request For Official Transcript Request Form (Form GS-5) from the Purdue Graduate School web site, make copies as needed, to request two official, attested transcripts from each of the colleges and universities you have attended. We request that the registrar enclose the transcripts and the completed Academic Transcript Request form in the institution’s standard business envelope, seal the envelope, sign across the seal of the envelope
MBA and Master’s Program applicants should send their transcript documents directly to the Purdue MBA and Master’s Programs Admissions Office, Rawls Hall, Room 2020, 100 S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2076.
Official Test Scores

The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for admission consideration for Krannert’s MBA Program. We recommend applicants plan to take the GMAT at least two weeks prior to your application deadline. Official test scores must be received before admission decisions are finalized. Visit www.mba.com for complete information regarding the test. Here are helpful hints for taking the exam. Though the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) can be considered for the MBA program, the GMAT is preferred as it is a test specifically designed to evaluate a person’s ability to be successful in business school. The GMAT is also preferred in scholarship and graduate assistantship consideration.

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 79

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 07:01
Hi Guys,

Just submitted my app for Purdue Krannert.

Anybody knows what are the next steps after this? Like.. how long will they take for interview invites and when will the results be announced?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 09:54
I had got an email stating that in case of an admit, I will have to present my degree certificate at the time of registration. However, the same email said that the above step needs to be completed for the application to be processed further. I have sent a reply asking for a clarification. Has any one else got this email?
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 11:08
siddharthkanjilal wrote:
I had got an email stating that in case of an admit, I will have to present my degree certificate at the time of registration. However, the same email said that the above step needs to be completed for the application to be processed further. I have sent a reply asking for a clarification. Has any one else got this email?

Just a doubt. Havent they already asked us to get our universities to send them our official transcripts (which includes Degree certificate)? Why do they need your degree certificate again? Anyways, its good that you sent them a mail asking for clarification. Please let us know what their answer is.

Thanks & Regards,
Sridhar
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 13:18
I too submitted .Let the wait begin!!:P

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 15:08
sridhar9504 wrote:
siddharthkanjilal wrote:

Just a doubt. Havent they already asked us to get our universities to send them our official transcripts (which includes Degree certificate)? Why do they need your degree certificate again? Anyways, its good that you sent them a mail asking for clarification. Please let us know what their answer is.

Thanks & Regards,
Sridhar

They replied and confirmed that the degree certificate will only be required at the time of registration at the campus. They also confirmed that the my file was complete for initial review.

I have to say though that out of the all the essays I have written for all my applications so far, the Krannert Integrity essay was probably the most daunting. So I am not very confident.
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 23:44
Hi Guys,

Seems this thread is quiet. Any idea when they would start calling early round R1 applicants for interview?

- Sridhar
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2013, 00:17
Got a mail from adcom saying that i need to sub,it transcripts and degree certificates.
How can one possibly submit degree certificate??
Has anyone else got a mail like this?

Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2013, 09:10
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Got a mail from adcom saying that i need to sub,it transcripts and degree certificates.
How can one possibly submit degree certificate??
Has anyone else got a mail like this?

Actually as part of the application, we are supposed to ask our respective universities to send Purdue a copy of official (not original) transcripts which will also include an attested copy of the degree certificate.

I had this doubt before applying and this is what they told me when I asked them. Hence, I requested my undergrad university to send them a copy of my official transcripts along with an attested copy of my degree certificate.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.66
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 20:59
Any interview calls for R1 yet ?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 79

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 03:41
This post received
KUDOS
avinashdundoo wrote:
Any interview calls for R1 yet ?

I mailed them with the same query and they replied that it may take a week or two more for them to start sending out interview invites.

Also, after interview, the results will be communicated in a week or two.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 01:40
This post received
KUDOS
hi guys.. I have received an invite for a Skype interview.. interviewing on 23rd of Dec.. anyone who has already interviewed?
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 03:41
abhishek241 wrote:
hi guys.. I have received an invite for a Skype interview.. interviewing on 23rd of Dec.. anyone who has already interviewed?

Congrats Abhishek!! You may be one of the first few who have received an invite. When did you submit your application?

All the best for your interview!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 22:56
This post received
KUDOS
sridhar9504 wrote:
abhishek241 wrote:

Congrats Abhishek!! You may be one of the first few who have received an invite. When did you submit your application?

Thanks Sridhar! I submitted the application on the deadline day..i.e. 15th Nov.. and got a interview invite on the 22nd...
Neeley Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 69

Reviews Badge
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2013, 04:27
abhishek241 wrote:
sridhar9504 wrote:
abhishek241 wrote:

Thanks Sridhar! I submitted the application on the deadline day..i.e. 15th Nov.. and got a interview invite on the 22nd...

Congrats Abhishek on the invite, Wish you good luck!

I was wondering if any international candidates (primarily Indian folks) received a TOEFL waiver.

Any inputs ?
Re: Krannert (Purdue) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2013, 04:27