Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 504

Kudos [?]: 1600 [0], given: 625

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 13:01
Expert's post

Krannert (Purdue University) MBA Fall 2013

Fall 2013 Real time Applicant Data

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub Real Time Applicant Stats

GMATClub Real time Applicant Tracker

Detailed Applicant Chart

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 36

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 12:54
Hi all

I'm currently studying at Krannert B-School. Please feel free to raise queries related to Krannert.

Regards,
Subhash

Formula of Life -> Achievement/Potential = k * Happiness (where k is a constant)

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 05:51
subhashghosh wrote:
Hi all

I'm currently studying at Krannert B-School. Please feel free to raise queries related to Krannert.

Regards,
Subhash

Hey Subhash,

can you talk about the student clubs at Krannert? and please comment on your experience with which ones you are associated?
3 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 264 [3] , given: 36

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 16:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hiya

There are many clubs at Krannert, and they provide superb academic + fun experiences to the students. There are many clubs here, e.g. Operations Club, Consulting Club (which expands throughout Purdue University), Hispanic Club, Net Impact, BYte Club (Business Entrepreneurship and Technology Club), Finance Club, Marketing Club, Asian Business Club etc.

I'm a member of the first five clubs, and I must say that the clubs help you in learning more about business and diversity, and they also provide you with great career opportunities. For example, a few days back, a case competition was organized among various clubs to provide more exposure to current 1st year students with case analysis. Also, the clubs organize business speaker events, community service events and business trips to cities and companies to promote business exposure and networking opportunities, and if you want to enhance your team skills or leadership abilities, clubs are one of the best forums to do so.

-Subhash

langer77 wrote:
subhashghosh wrote:
Hi all

Regards,
Subhash

Hey Subhash,

can you talk about the student clubs at Krannert? and please comment on your experience with which ones you are associated?

Formula of Life -> Achievement/Potential = k * Happiness (where k is a constant)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 22:31
Hey Subhash,

Thanks for your welcoming support here at gmatclub.

Can you verify whether we are supposed to mail the transcripts as a part of application?

I am surprised to see this as all other universities ask for official transcripts only after you get an admit

Cheers!!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 36

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 13:44
When I applied, I think I uploaded/mailed the scanned copy of my Official Transcript, and we had to show them the same when we came here after admission. I believe you can also do the same, however, the best course of action would be to mail admissions committee and ask them what is the best/correct thing to do.

charanbobby wrote:
Hey Subhash,

Thanks for your welcoming support here at gmatclub.

Can you verify whether we are supposed to mail the transcripts as a part of application?

I am surprised to see this as all other universities ask for official transcripts only after you get an admit

Cheers!!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 12:01
Dear Subhash,

Glad to see a current student's active participation here. I have left a PM message for you, pls take a look.

I am applying for Krannert by the R2 deadline, and wanted to connect briefly reg. the same.

Best,
Ananth S.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 06-20-2012
GPA: 2.94
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 21:18
Hi Subhash,

Glad to be talking to you. I had applied to Krannert School and I was invited for interview.
Could you please share some of the questions that were asked in the video call..
Also could u throw some light on the aspects which i should concentrate, so that i make the best out of it.

Thanks.
Aditya.

subhashghosh wrote:
Hiya

There are many clubs at Krannert, and they provide superb academic + fun experiences to the students. There are many clubs here, e.g. Operations Club, Consulting Club (which expands throughout Purdue University), Hispanic Club, Net Impact, BYte Club (Business Entrepreneurship and Technology Club), Finance Club, Marketing Club, Asian Business Club etc.

I'm a member of the first five clubs, and I must say that the clubs help you in learning more about business and diversity, and they also provide you with great career opportunities. For example, a few days back, a case competition was organized among various clubs to provide more exposure to current 1st year students with case analysis. Also, the clubs organize business speaker events, community service events and business trips to cities and companies to promote business exposure and networking opportunities, and if you want to enhance your team skills or leadership abilities, clubs are one of the best forums to do so.

-Subhash

langer77 wrote:
subhashghosh wrote:
Hi all

Regards,
Subhash

Hey Subhash,

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 00:10
subhashghosh wrote:
Hi all

Regards,
Subhash

Hey subhash,

I was thinking to try for colleges next year but due to some personal reasons I am planning to apply to colleges this year only.I gave my gmat 20 days before.My profile is as follows

GMAT-680(V31,Q50) AWA - 5.5 and IR 6
Exp-2 yrs in june 2013 in IT company
Extra curricular-national level table tennis player
Have worked with two NGOs
Acads-88% from VIT university.

What do you think my chances are if I apply in round 3?

Thanks,
Vaibhav
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.76
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 10:26
Admitted !! no info on scholarship !!

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ... T.S. Eliot

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Schools: Thunderbird '15
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 10:32
WaitListed for 2013 .. any advice guys ?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 23:54
Has anyone who applied during the Priority Round (Round 2) gotten interview invites yet?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 12-17-2012
GPA: 3.4
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 17:55
elleesie wrote:
Has anyone who applied during the Priority Round (Round 2) gotten interview invites yet?

I received an invite last Thursday.
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 14:36
Yay! Got an interview invite today. :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 10:52
Got invited for a second interview. Weird, seeing as how most schools just do one.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 05:39
guys about the TOEFL score.. is it required ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 12:18
Got an email this morning saying I am accepted! Yay! Now waiting for the scholarship info. Does anyone know how long it'll take to get that info?
Current Student

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 12:51
elleesie wrote:
Got an email this morning saying I am accepted! Yay! Now waiting for the scholarship info. Does anyone know how long it'll take to get that info?
Congrats! I received mine the day after my admit.

Manager
Manager

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 21:04
HPmba2015 wrote:
elleesie wrote:

Thanks! Did you get the fellowship info in a separate mailed letter in a welcome packet, or in another e-mail, or was it stated in the official admissions email letter from the dean? I got the first admit email a week and a half ago, and the official one from the dean on Wednesday, but no info on fellowship/scholarship.
Current Student

Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 18:20
elleesie wrote:
HPmba2015 wrote:
elleesie wrote:

Thanks! Did you get the fellowship info in a separate mailed letter in a welcome packet, or in another e-mail, or was it stated in the official admissions email letter from the dean? I got the first admit email a week and a half ago, and the official one from the dean on Wednesday, but no info on fellowship/scholarship.

I received mine via email the day after I received my admission decision.
Re: Krannert (Purdue University) 2013-Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 18:20