Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [9]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]
Kudos
silversurferradd wrote:
Hi,
I've competed in half-marathons few years ago but unfortunately can't find my medals. Would it be an issue if the AdCom/Third Party companies (Kroll) as me to prove my claim about competing in half-marathons?
Thanks!

Yes they will definitely question why your medals are not important enough to store in a safe place, yet you put them on your resume. Also, they will most likely have you compete in the Semi-Annual Kroll MBA Verification Half-Marathon to prove you can actually finish it in the time stated on your resume.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When your recommender is contacted, what does KRoll or ReVera verify? Do they ask for basic stuff such as their title, whether they recommended us etc? Or will they go in details such as my salary info, stuff on my resume or even the essays? I asked one of my senior colleagues to write my recommendation so he does not have my salary info. Just wondering if I need to prepare him or give him more details.

Do they verify employment of recommenders themselves: things such as how many employees they manage etc?

Also, my company outsources employment verification. So not sure how KRoll or ReVera will verify my bonus and stocks. If you have any info, please help.

Thanks a bunch.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
HBSOrGSB wrote:
When your recommender is contacted, what does KRoll or ReVera verify? Do they ask for basic stuff such as their title, whether they recommended us etc? Or will they go in details such as my salary info, stuff on my resume or even the essays? I asked one of my senior colleagues to write my recommendation so he does not have my salary info. Just wondering if I need to prepare him or give him more details.

Do they verify employment of recommenders themselves: things such as how many employees they manage etc?

Also, my company outsources employment verification. So not sure how KRoll or ReVera will verify my bonus and stocks. If you have any info, please help.

Thanks a bunch.

simple answer: why do you care ? Let Kroll do their work. You have paid $25 for it. Your admit is not going to be rescinded if they don't find information (that is their incompetency); that will be the case when they find a gap in the information you provided in your app and the real thing.

Schools say everything that you provided can be checked by the verifying agency. But, mostly, it's the basic information such as job dates, whether your recommender actually wrote your recs etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hey, can someone share the questions asked by the Kroll?
Thanks a lot!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
TVG wrote:
hey, can someone share the questions asked by the Kroll?
Thanks a lot!

They ask different stuff based on what each particular school wants them to verify.

As I've said about 6 times on this thread, unless you were deliberately misleading on your application, you have nothing to worry about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
When you are a consultant and has your client manager as recommender, the client manager doesn't have any idea about your salary. If the manager tells them that he doesn't know some of the information, how I can route them to my main employer?
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
kapsycumm wrote:
When you are a consultant and has your client manager as recommender, the client manager doesn't have any idea about your salary. If the manager tells them that he doesn't know some of the information, how I can route them to my main employer?

If they really need information, they will find it--either by asking the manager for the name of someone who would know, or by asking you for another contact. I can guarantee that you're not the first consultant who's gone through this process in the past.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey can someone who has completed the Kroll background check share with us on 2 things.

1. does the questionaire you fill out include a checkbox saying "No or Yes" to if you have disciplinary violations? Not criminal, but like withdrawal. etc.

2. Extra-cul. Heard this is too manual for them to do, but do they really check?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know someone has asked before, but can someone paste the list of questions for Kroll background check? particularly education history check.

will they check disciplinary records?

I understand that it will be mostly where the degree, when attend, gpa, and awards, etc. But is there a checkbox for disciplinary records when you fill the forms?

If someone dont feel comfortable about sharing the whole questionaire in public, i will really appreciate if you can share with me about this PM with monetary rewards.You dont have to reveal your name and I can pay paypal to you.

I have a UG from a YSPH. Graduated one year ago.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
You know by posting that frantically you make it pretty clear you lied about something on your application right? Or at least a lie by omission I would guess. If you didn't then there is nothing to freak out about.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [6]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
Is it possible for Kroll to figure out where I hid the body?

Anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Come on. Can someone be genuine rather than offering me the party lines and being a Moralist?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jsp wrote:
Come on. Can someone be genuine rather than offering me the party lines and being a Moralist?

Lol so you lied about something major on your application and you want to pay someone for answers...? Good luck, friend.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
jsp wrote:

There isn't a list of questions that you send them. By signing the waiver you give them access to your application which already has enough information to find out anything they need to.

I'm not going to get preachy but I would be stressed about it if I were you. I have an application verification waiver that I was e-mailed. It is from ReVera for a top program. I'm sure they are pretty much the same for any school. If you really want to see it I could e-mail it to you but the basic gist of it is that ReVera has the right to check anything and everything on your application, as well as anything outside the scope of the application that they deem pertinent. I believe Kroll has the same type of form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All of this background talk started getting me anxious so I took a look at my application to double check my salary and bonuses and saw that I accidentally put an extra zero next to one of my bonuses, so I am kind of freaking out. I'm guessing this is going to stick out like a sore thumb. That bonus really would not make sense at all especially considering my annual salary. Would it be better to tell adcom in advance than have to explain it when it comes up? :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My previous employer was a small independent branch of a much larger firm.

Will Kroll contact the HR of the larger firm, or just the head of my branch with the phone number that i provided?

Also, I have no idea by what method I was paid, as some of it was certainly directly from my boss/branch manager, as opposed to from the larger company.

Will Kroll ask him for proof of the dates and salary, or just ask him to simply confirm that info? He should certainly have it stored somewhere.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16