Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 750
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Send PM
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]
Kudos
GoBruin wrote:
ariel wrote:
Haha ariel... yeah good old Kroll :P

Lol GoBruin, good times! Lucky you Ross is a very reasonable school :>
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i need a honest answer to this: I took two local college course in the summer one year, got an A and a C-. It wasn't something I needed for my college degree so I never transferred any credit from that school. This will obviously hurt me, as my GPA is already low, will schools find out if I just "accidentally" left it off the application? Thanks a lot for any candid inputs.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Send PM
dethinker1 wrote:
i need a honest answer to this: I took two local college course in the summer one year, got an A and a C-. It wasn't something I needed for my college degree so I never transferred any credit from that school. This will obviously hurt me, as my GPA is already low, will schools find out if I just "accidentally" left it off the application? Thanks a lot for any candid inputs.

While it is unethical to not report it, I don't know that there's a way that they will find out. They only verify info you put on your app, there's no universal database where they can check everything and anything about you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So what do they ask from you after you are admitted to check?

ariel wrote:
dethinker1 wrote:

While it is unethical to not report it, I don't know that there's a way that they will find out. They only verify info you put on your app, there's no universal database where they can check everything and anything about you.
Current Student
Send PM
dethinker wrote:

Varies but usually work history, contact info for your recommenders, education history, SSN.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, VDC, NSS,
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Tuck (R2), Fuqua (R2), Wharton (R2), Stern (R2)
 Q48  V42
WE 1: Investment Bank/Brokerage
WE 2: Entrepreneurship (Dubai, UAE)
WE 3: Entrepreneurship (India)
Send PM
Do they take the Passport number and details as well?

ariel wrote:
dethinker wrote:

Varies but usually work history, contact info for your recommenders, education history, SSN.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
How do these guys go about verifying a business experience?

Originally posted by rkn on 19 Nov 2010, 06:52.
Last edited by rkn on 20 Nov 2010, 09:24, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
For CBS, they only verify your work history and recommendations. I think the school verifies your degree and your transcripts (you send transcripts to the school).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I made a typo on my application and realized after checking. I stated my salary as 59,000 versus 58,000. What should I do?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Let the adcom know it was a mistake.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
bussy123 wrote:
I made a typo on my application and realized after checking. I stated my salary as 59,000 versus 58,000. What should I do?

Don't sweat over that. No one is going to care, thus I would simply do nothing. If you had forgotten to mention that you were a convicted felon - well that's another story.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Appreciate the response. My plan was to just call them when i'm filling out Kroll. Truth is I can prob actually justify the higher amount with deffered comp etc. etc. But i'd rather just say I realized I made a mistake and avoid any issues.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
If you decide to call them, tell them it was a typo and everything will be all good. I have been 'vetted' twice before - not by Kroll - and was always provided the results afterwards and there were at least 2 typos a page, so that should put it in perspective....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
I have a question for you guys. I have two concerns, what do you guys think:

1) On my resume I listed my most recent job title as "Coordinator" (I won't mention the specifics). My office experienced a lot of layoffs, and I was hastily "promoted" because I was doing multiple job functions. Prior to becoming "Coordinator" I was an "Administrator." On my resume I have "Coordinator" listed, but I'm not even sure if that was recorded with HR. I haven't submitted my apps yet, so I have time to fix my resume....should I put "Coordinator" or "Administrator"? I think the latter makes me sound like a secretary, however my job functions/accomplishments on my resume obviously reflect a job with more responsibility. My recommender would be able to confirm this as well.

2) I'm currently in a graduate program and this past summer I travelled to Mexico to conduct independent research for my thesis. Will Kroll be able to tell how long I was there? I made several trips back to the U.S. over the summer, and I just hope that doesn't look weird.
Current Student
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
I have a question for you guys. I have two concerns, what do you guys think:

1) On my resume I listed my most recent job title as "Coordinator" (I won't mention the specifics). My office experienced a lot of layoffs, and I was hastily "promoted" because I was doing multiple job functions. Prior to becoming "Coordinator" I was an "Administrator." On my resume I have "Coordinator" listed, but I'm not even sure if that was recorded with HR. I haven't submitted my apps yet, so I have time to fix my resume....should I put "Coordinator" or "Administrator"? I think the latter makes me sound like a secretary, however my job functions/accomplishments on my resume obviously reflect a job with more responsibility. My recommender would be able to confirm this as well.

Stick with the title HR is able to confirm. Schools don't care about titles as much as they care about your actual responsibilities. They will focus on what you've done and won't care about whether you were an administrator or a coordinator. To me administrator actually sounds far more senior than a coordinator, but that's just me. It just goes to show you that titles are meaningless.

VictoryMBA wrote:
2) I'm currently in a graduate program and this past summer I travelled to Mexico to conduct independent research for my thesis. Will Kroll be able to tell how long I was there? I made several trips back to the U.S. over the summer, and I just hope that doesn't look weird.

Highly unlikely they will find out unless it's a part of your application and they have to call someone and the question somehow arises (which I sincerely doubt).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I have a pressing question.

In my previous job , I worked for a company which is world's largest power manufacturer (ABC) and I was sent to different clients for SAP projects .

The problem is that I used to get salary from another company ( XYZ) ( I was on payrolls of other company and I was body shopped to ABC ).

My Question is that in my resume I write that I was working for ABC company and in my employment history I explicitly write

Company : ABC company - Pay roll of XYZ.

My recommender will also vouch for me that I used to work for ABC company and on pay rolls of XYZ.

Do you think there can be any problem?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I just checked my UNC application and saw that I had reported my salary as 45000 when its actually 43000. How big a mistake is that? Would it be better to contact the adcom and let them know of this error?

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16