Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 4

CAT Tests
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2014, 09:18
This post received
KUDOS
This Kudos system is pretty cool, I had no idea what it was. I do feel appreciated and now I can also really appreciate the people that are helpful to me. I didn't know I could do that till today, but will start from now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 06-30-2014
GPA: 3.99
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 10 May 2014, 12:43
Hi bb,

I tried doing this - "You can add schools and fill out your GMAT Club profile and that will net you 5 Kudos right away." but there was no increase in my kudos. Thoughts?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2381

Kudos [?]: 9997 [1] , given: 3764

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ravishankar1788 wrote:
Hi bb,

I tried doing this - "You can add schools and fill out your GMAT Club profile and that will net you 5 Kudos right away." but there was no increase in my kudos. Thoughts?

Take a look here: http://gmatclub.com/kudos-details/ravishankar1788

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 462 [1] , given: 177

Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 19 May 2014, 20:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hello, I saw negative (-ve) Kudos at someone's profile, I don't remember.... what does that mean?
Can we give -ve Kudos?

Kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :)

Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2014
GPA: 3.96
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2014, 18:29
Hey this is the most innovative thing I have seen amongst my preperation in past exams.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 64

CAT Tests
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2014, 12:38
Thanks for your post on Kudos and information on getting Kudos "by completing profile". 4 more to go :)

25 is not daunting number! but definitely you have to dedicate some time on the forum - which is very reasonable, for the prize you get :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.94
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 108

CAT Tests
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2014, 09:45
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
megafan wrote:
What I am leading to is - if you have any suggestions or ideas how to improve the templates or make the user interface better - PLEASE - share your thoughts -I will be happy to implement or try to.

BB! I've a couple of key suggestions! :-D

1. In the verbal section there are instances where the same question is on multiple threads. In the Quant section we can often see Bunuel merging similar topics and reminding the users the rules of posting. I'm not expecting the moderators to do this. This would be a tedious task. Can the merging of similar topics be automated?

Similarly before an users posts a topic, can we have a system check to ensure that the user doesn't post an already existing topic? This feature is there in FB. If the first few words you type in a help question is similar to what is existing the user is not allowed to post his/her question. The user is directed to similar questions. This restriction of course would only be for the PS/DS/CR/RC/SC and IR sections. :-D

2. I've started taking the club tests and I LOVE THEM. But, the keyboard shortcuts allowed in the real thing - next question & confirm submit at least - are not enabled. Can we have keyboard shortcuts enabled in the tests?

Further, can we have tests in the format of: Quant - no result pop up - timed/untimed break - verbal - quant & verbal scores along with overall score pop up?

Can we have more verbal CATs too! :-)

Cheers!!

Joseph
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :) Check these out too. You might like them! :)
Comprehensive Verbal Flash cards/Notes | How to prepare your recommenders best | How to boost/ace SC score sustainbly |

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2381

Kudos [?]: 9997 [1] , given: 3764

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2014, 20:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
joseph0alexander wrote:
bb wrote:
megafan wrote:
What I am leading to is - if you have any suggestions or ideas how to improve the templates or make the user interface better - PLEASE - share your thoughts -I will be happy to implement or try to.

BB! I've a couple of key suggestions! :-D

1. In the verbal section there are instances where the same question is on multiple threads. In the Quant section we can often see Bunuel merging similar topics and reminding the users the rules of posting. I'm not expecting the moderators to do this. This would be a tedious task. Can the merging of similar topics be automated?

Similarly before an users posts a topic, can we have a system check to ensure that the user doesn't post an already existing topic? This feature is there in FB. If the first few words you type in a help question is similar to what is existing the user is not allowed to post his/her question. The user is directed to similar questions. This restriction of course would only be for the PS/DS/CR/RC/SC and IR sections. :-D

2. I've started taking the club tests and I LOVE THEM. But, the keyboard shortcuts allowed in the real thing - next question & confirm submit at least - are not enabled. Can we have keyboard shortcuts enabled in the tests?

Further, can we have tests in the format of: Quant - no result pop up - timed/untimed break - verbal - quant & verbal scores along with overall score pop up?

Can we have more verbal CATs too! :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestions and the kind perspective.

1. Yes - we have considered this system a few times but all of those times we found an argument not to do it. Perhaps it is time to revisit.... As to automating the merging, there is a bit more going on there (Bunuel actually deletes useless posts and leaves only one useful thread; he does not merge all posts but instead merges only the best ones and the others are left locked or deleted). Souvik is starting this process, but it is a bit slow starting due to his recent GMAC summit trip. Let me look into this again - it is a good point about the look up system. I will rekindle this project/idea/concept.

2. Can you tell me exactly what shortcuts (all of them) you use? Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that).

At the moment, probably can't have the full test experience unfortunately. You would have to time your brake on your own. The tests are not setup to be as a single test... sorry. Could you tell me the weakness or the main issue with taking the tests the way they are now - is that learning your score? or self-timing your break?

Finally, as to the Verbal Tests - we are adding them slowly. About 5 questions per week.. RC is the biggest weakness at the moment. So there are questions enough for about 7 tests... just not enough RC's. They are tricky to create and we have not attempted as the result. I guess we can venture out of our comfort zone sooner or later. If anyone is good at verbal and would like to take a crack at Verbal questions - Would love to hire them. If you know anyone, please let me know.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.94
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 25 [2] , given: 108

CAT Tests
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2014, 22:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB. I am glad you like my views and am thrilled to read your detailed response and action plan for making the club much better! PFB my response inline in blue.

bb wrote:
Thank you very much for your suggestions and the kind perspective.

1. Yes - we have considered this system a few times but all of those times we found an argument not to do it. Perhaps it is time to revisit.... As to automating the merging, there is a bit more going on there (Bunuel actually deletes useless posts and leaves only one useful thread; he does not merge all posts but instead merges only the best ones and the others are left locked or deleted). Souvik is starting this process, but it is a bit slow starting due to his recent GMAC summit trip. Let me look into this again - it is a good point about the look up system. I will rekindle this project/idea/concept. Wow this is good news.

:) My best wishes to the team for all success in this project/idea/concept. I strongly believe this process should be automated to the extent possible though, if feasible. At the end of the day, this is unproductive work for the moderators, moderators for whom the GMAT student community is highly thankful! :) Their time could be used better. :)

2. Can you tell me exactly what shortcuts (all of them) you use? Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that).

I was not aware of the enter and double enter. I'll try that. :)

In GMAT Prep I use Ctrl +N for next after I choose an option and thereafter when the pop up appears I use Ctrl + Y to confirm. Here are the other shortcuts available.
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 97.18 KiB | Viewed 75 times ]
Hope this helps! :)

At the moment, probably can't have the full test experience unfortunately. You would have to time your brake on your own. The tests are not setup to be as a single test... sorry. Could you tell me the weakness or the main issue with taking the tests the way they are now - is that learning your score? or self-timing your break?

LEARNING THE SCORE. The last and only time I took the GMAT, I felt the quant session to be extra easy. How I remember feeling it then is that "I didn't need the scratch pad for the last 10 questions" (could be hyped due to text anxiety). I felt I did my quant miserably and screwed up in verbal. When the results came, I got the 47 I always was getting in quaunt and my Verbal score dropped from 36/37 to 31! :( How I remember feeling it now is "duh! Quant is pretty easy!"

BB, can we at least have a system, where one can submit their quant test and choose whether
a) they want to see their score right now OR
b) proceed to take a verbal CAT and view both CAT results later?

Finally, as to the Verbal Tests - we are adding them slowly. About 5 questions per week.. RC is the biggest weakness at the moment. So there are questions enough for about 7 tests... just not enough RC's. They are tricky to create and we have not attempted as the result. I guess we can venture out of our comfort zone sooner or later. If anyone is good at verbal and would like to take a crack at Verbal questions - Would love to hire them. If you know anyone, please let me know.
I am very glad to know that you guys are working on increasing the count of verbal tests :-D and can visualize the pain in creating RC questions :cry: . I hope to help the community post my retake and school applications.

BB, just a thought. Since you view that you can venture out of your comfort zone for creating verbal questions and are inviting people to work towards this goal, I believe this should be the headlines in the GMAT Club newsletters and home page for the next few days. I am assertive many would like to volunteer and few will volunteer! :)

Cheers!!

Joseph
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :) Check these out too. You might like them! :)
Comprehensive Verbal Flash cards/Notes | How to prepare your recommenders best | How to boost/ace SC score sustainbly |

Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2014, 22:08