Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Last 10 days to go before the D-Day

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Last 10 days to go before the D-Day [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 07:51
Hi everyone,

It's the final countdown to the GMAT test day and I need some tips on optimisation of my time and efforts.

I took my first GMAT Prep in May (without preparation) and got 580!
Then after a month took MGMAT test (free) and scored 600
one week later took GMATPrep 1 and scored 670
Then each week, took MGMAT 2-5 (scores as 640, 640. 680 and 650)

I am aiming for 690-700. Is it possible to get this score with the above. I cannot postpone the exam any further but am willing to give a re-take if my scores are bad. I did PowerScore which helped me improve CR and my SC has improved too. Overall, I went from 28 to 36 in about 1.5 months. Can I improve any further?

My verbal score is consistent at V36 on MGMAT tests and had a V38 on GMATPrep. Is this good enough?
Further, sometimes I happen to solve the harder problems and someitmes I make stupid mistakes on 500 level ques. on Quant. This is where I am frustrated. Please help.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and help.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 6

Re: Last 10 days to go before the D-Day [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 08:22
I would say you're within range, but you will have to perform at your higher end on test day. It seems like MGMAT CATs are more difficult than GMATPrep CATs so that's a good sign for you. I mean you got 600 on an MGMAT CAT and then a week later got 670 on a GMAT Prep.

I would keep attacking weak areas and do another GMAT Prep or two during your final 10 days. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Last 10 days to go before the D-Day [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 14:18
Topher,Thanks for the encouragement. I had 600 but then my scores in MGMAT were 640, 650 and 670. I dont understand why my scores are within a wide range whereas I see people getting a score with Std dev of 10. Hence, am a bit concerned about the actual test.

As you said, just need to perform well tht day.
As far as Quant is concerned, I know I goof up with inequalities and just dont know how to improve!!! Do you know where I can get a list of such problems? I am gathering the ones which I got wrong and will post them once I've compiled enough but if there is a list existing already,then please let me know.

thanks
Re: Last 10 days to go before the D-Day   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2009, 14:18