I applied to HBS and MIT and was dinged by both
. I am waiting for the answer of other schools, but I need a plan B.
I did not have enough time to apply to Stanford and LBS (London Business School), so I don't know whether I should apply in their last rounds or wait the next admission cycle.
This is my profile:
- Peruvian, 33 years old, male
- In college, I ranked first in my class, whose size was 62 students. I studied business administrion.
- My thesis research to obtain my Licentiate degree ( an additional degree in Peru) received the highest grade achieavable.
- GMAT: 680 Q49 V35 IR7
- I founded two institituions in college. both were student organizations to develop the leadership skills of the students and the comunity
- Manager in the family business (an important supplier of diverse materials in the south)
- Previously, worked in the Ministry of Foreign Trade, developing financial programs to help exporters obtain loans. Also, I negotiated the foreign trade agreeement between my country and the People's Republic of China.
- Was executive of the most important bank of Peru
- Worked as research assistant in one of the most important think tanks of Latin America.
- Pro bono consultant for the government in the design of some financial programs
- Volunteer in a program to train entrepreneurs
Goal: Found a think tank that advises governments in the implementation of policies that foster competitiveness in Latin America. (is it a good goal for a business school?)
Despite my GMAT, I think I have a good profile. I don't understand why I was dinged
. But I have to keep walking.
In this sense, what do you think? Should I apply in the last rounds of Stanford and London?, or, should I wait the next cycle? If I had to wait, what should I do to improve my profile? (If I apply in the next cycle, I will reapply to HBS and MIT again)